Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
View Poll Results: GREATEST STAR WARS QUOTE!
"Laugh it up, fuzzball." --Han to Chewbacca 186 19.70%
"I am your father." --Vader to Luke 167 17.69%
"Mos Eisley Spaceport. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy." --Ben 42 4.45%
"Try not. Do or do not. There is no try." --Yoda to Luke 212 22.46%
"I got a bad feeling about this."--Han Solo and others 105 11.12%
"Apology accepted, Captain Needa." --Vader, after strangling Needa 51 5.40%
"I'd just as soon kiss a wookiee." --Leia to Han 29 3.07%
"Don't worry, she'll hold together . . . You hear me, baby? Hold together!" --Han to the Falcon 124 13.14%
Other (post it in the thread) 28 2.97%
Voters: 944. You may not vote on this poll

Old Jan 13, 2007, 08:58 PM
Joined Jan 2007
2 Posts
Thanks.....

...Didn't know such things were out there. Found a few of the original concept drawings online, was going to hack out a small foamcore model to see if it can be done. Then maybe go micro and see if I can _actually_ get it to fly.

Don't really know too much about CAD, or blueprinting, but can generally put stuff together fairly decently.

Thanks again, and I appreciate it.

SSG Lacy
Square is offline Find More Posts by Square
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 17, 2007, 01:02 PM
Bloomfield, IN
Joined Nov 2006
906 Posts
Help

I am not a starwars or trek fan so I would like some help. Last time I visited my son I took my GWS planes and he liked flying them. I would like to build him a R/C ship of either starwars or startrek. Which ship should I build for it to be a good flyer and where do I find the plans. I want to make it out of foam.
degreen60 is offline Find More Posts by degreen60
Old Feb 06, 2007, 02:25 AM
Joined Feb 2007
1 Posts
Hello guys,
I have No idea how i missed this thread or this site for that matter, all this time.
Joined the forum, after finding this in a search.
I have done Planes in the past, mostly CL. Lately Ive have been doing A lot of Paper Models, and i can see how the 2 worlds could intersect nicely with the Foamie Models you guys do.

Wanted to ask a couple questions if i can,

Did everyone Give up on the Falcon? Or any of the other designs?

Anything New? Better controls, Changes to the original design to make it more stable? (little Vid i saw, looked like Baby got Back to her)

Anyone get an EDF working in the Falcon? Maybe even 2 fans? or on another ship?(we all know, everyones dream is a prop-less Falcon )

Anyone Work on making a 3D ETA-2 Jedi Starfighter? (I have a paper pattern to make one, i may try it out of FF, if i can find any locally, to see if its even close to fly-able)

I was just SOOO Engrossed, reading ALL the posts in both threads, it was Kind of a let down when i got to the end here :/

Thanks guys for any new info, ill go back into hiding for now, and await the next Adventures of all your Ships, and hard work making them come alive.
If i do try the ETA-2, ill post picks for you.

Thanks GO-RC, and all who contributed to the Falcon and her Plans. Have it saved for a rainy day to build.
Steele is offline Find More Posts by Steele
Old Mar 09, 2007, 06:36 PM
Have Bluecore....will fly
Arizona, United States
Joined Mar 2005
320 Posts
Hey Steele, Welcome to RC Groups.

Havenít done a whole lot with any of my projects lately. I'm one of those people who jump around with lots of different hobbies. The last RC project I started was a scale version of the Thunder Fighter from Buck Rogers in the 25th Century. After working out the dimensions I built a flat plate test bed to work out flight controls and to test my support system for the vertical stabs on the bottom(stab supports worked great). Used carbon rods and light ply to hold things together and plan to reuse the rods so I left them all long. The rods sticking out the back will support the engines of the scale version. Flew it a couple times so far. Still working the bugs out. I've completed the plans for the scale version and hope to find some time to begin assembly.
GO-RC is offline Find More Posts by GO-RC
Last edited by GO-RC; Aug 25, 2007 at 08:59 PM.
Old Mar 11, 2007, 03:11 PM
Planoholic
Worthing,West Sussex, England
Joined Aug 2004
190 Posts
I'll be watching this one gorc. I considered building this one before starting my colonial viper. I thought this would make a great pusher twin. Looks like a flying wing to me, so I thought it would be fairly easy to fly, well it has more area than the viper. The bsg bug got me though, so I thought this could be my second scifi build.
Like you my life outside of this hobby has taken over and I'm eagerly awaiting a move, so all my building is on hold. Good luck with you build I reckon bucks ride could be pretty fast and a great flyer.
tris10g is offline Find More Posts by tris10g
Old Mar 13, 2007, 12:28 AM
Dashing Rogue Smuggler
Connecticut
Joined Mar 2006
76 Posts
Moving sucks, doesn't it?!
Yeah that looks sweet GO-RC! I loved that show when I was a kid... had a big crush on Erin Gray. Still do I guess. Anyway, the Thunder Fighter looks like it will fly easily with a little fine tuning. I'm guessing it will be a great addition to your sci-fi hangar. Keep us posted. I might have to add this one to my build list!

Rich
Karrde is offline Find More Posts by Karrde
Old Apr 20, 2007, 08:48 AM
zoot
Australia
Joined Feb 2006
100 Posts
Cylon Fighter

Well I finally have a gliding prototype of this here fighter.It would'nt get out of my head..Flies (glides) perfect.Now to enlarge it all,find some light weight electronics,and of course the red eye, (dick smith night rider led kit) and hopefully balance it out correctly and maybe,just mabye it might fly with some control.If not,I have one cool model.mmmm,now where's that knife !!!
zoot is offline Find More Posts by zoot
Old Apr 30, 2007, 07:41 PM
United States, OK, Mannford
Joined Jul 2006
147 Posts
star destroyer

has anyone tryed a star destroyer yet
shadowfox29 is offline Find More Posts by shadowfox29
Old May 01, 2007, 02:56 AM
Off 2 The Edge of Reality
Scottsdale, AZ
Joined Sep 2003
7,479 Posts
Try this one on for size Zoot:
http://www.dimensionengineering.com/Sinewinder.htm

I guess you want the sound too, huh? LOL Get one of those $5 greeting cards that allow you to record your voice, most of them will repeat the recording. record the sound from the TV or an online .WAV file.
Tom

BONUS! It is cheaper than the BSE kit, $13.99 shipped.
TeamTEOR is offline Find More Posts by TeamTEOR
Old Jun 17, 2007, 09:50 PM
What tree?
Yucca Valley, California
Joined Aug 2005
2,427 Posts
This's a little bit of a bump..but I've got one for you guys.

: ) A Star Wars capital warship with atmospheric flight as a design feature. Looks the most "real-world flight worthy" of all of the Star Wars capital ships. It's even got control surfaces (Probably elevons) on the trailing edge of it's "wings"..

Someone should give it a shot. I'd love to see one of these fly. I was going to build a slope glider version, but ended up moving and losing my workspace.

If anyone needs any specific views, I can fire up XWA and get some screenshots.
Rampage is offline Find More Posts by Rampage
Old Jun 24, 2007, 09:14 PM
Tucson, AZ , United States
Joined Oct 2004
65 Posts
That could be very cool
bigdoginit is offline Find More Posts by bigdoginit
Old Jul 31, 2007, 12:34 PM
Balsa Bomber Builder
Joined Jun 2007
147 Posts
May the force be with you

Hey guys I just wanted to chime in and show you all my latest project. When I was doing some snooping around I came across this thread so I thought i would join in on all the fun. Here is a link to my build thread, and feel free to play along at home.

Rebel Alliance A-Wing Fighter

Thanks for the motivation.
Big J is offline Find More Posts by Big J
Old Aug 14, 2007, 07:39 AM
Joined Jun 2007
17 Posts
Its not star wars but this does fall into the realms of scifi

Anybody remember rushing home from school to watch an old cartoon called battle of the planets?

I figured the main ship might make a good flyer so i found some drawings and have knocked up a very rough test glider which seems to fly very well until it runs out of airspeed.

Hopefully it will have edf's buried deep within it when the RC version is built.

Its my first time of building a flyable model so any help / tips / hints would be muchly appreciated.
fury101 is offline Find More Posts by fury101
Old Aug 14, 2007, 09:28 AM
Boston, MA
Joined May 2003
163 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fury101
Its not star wars but this does fall into the realms of scifi

Anybody remember rushing home from school to watch an old cartoon called battle of the planets?

I figured the main ship might make a good flyer so i found some drawings and have knocked up a very rough test glider which seems to fly very well until it runs out of airspeed.

Hopefully it will have edf's buried deep within it when the RC version is built.

Its my first time of building a flyable model so any help / tips / hints would be muchly appreciated.

Wow! That looks awesome, Fury! I do remember that show. It used to be one of my favorites while growing up. Please keep us updated.
Snuffleupagus is offline Find More Posts by Snuffleupagus
Old Aug 14, 2007, 09:38 AM
Off we go.............
Seattle, WA. USA
Joined Jan 2006
3,325 Posts
A long time ago..........in a thread far, far away.........

Gosh I forgot this thread existed, thanks. These are some really nice ships you all have constructed. The force is truly with you.

Really cool looking stuff guys, thanks and may the force be with you.......always.
SabreHawk is offline Find More Posts by SabreHawk