HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
View Poll Results: GREATEST STAR WARS QUOTE!
"Laugh it up, fuzzball." --Han to Chewbacca 188 19.81%
"I am your father." --Vader to Luke 167 17.60%
"Mos Eisley Spaceport. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy." --Ben 42 4.43%
"Try not. Do or do not. There is no try." --Yoda to Luke 212 22.34%
"I got a bad feeling about this."--Han Solo and others 107 11.28%
"Apology accepted, Captain Needa." --Vader, after strangling Needa 51 5.37%
"I'd just as soon kiss a wookiee." --Leia to Han 29 3.06%
"Don't worry, she'll hold together . . . You hear me, baby? Hold together!" --Han to the Falcon 125 13.17%
Other (post it in the thread) 28 2.95%
Voters: 949. You may not vote on this poll

Old Feb 06, 2006, 04:01 AM
France
Joined Feb 2006
31 Posts
a bit disapointed of my construction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamTEOR
WOW, thats some build! Nice work. Are you going to hollow out the nose cone a pinch to drop some extra weight?
Yes, the nose will be cutted and hand-sanded to ger the right profile of the wing. but i had to wait 24 hours to do that for the glue to get it's full strength.

And i've done some "calculations" yesterday...
the total weight of the model will be about 600-700g without paint.

EDF will be: Twin GWS 75x6 (319g push each)
i hope it'll be a fast model :-P

and for eyes pleasure, here is the last step of construction where i left her:

Go-Rc: Yes, i love this model of starship.
The next one will be a republic attack cruiser...
Republic attack cruiser (official StarWars website)

but this one will need much more thinking to ger the two edf inside the ship.
i think i'll build it just as i did before with the JDF-V2 :-) (for which i still have to draw plans).

ps: i apologize for the quality of the pics i took them with my cell-phone and for my english (i'm french :-D )

Jerome
Gts1000 is offline Find More Posts by Gts1000
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 06, 2006, 04:10 AM
Off 2 The Edge of Reality
Scottsdale, AZ
Joined Sep 2003
7,479 Posts
Ok, I am even more impressed! EDF 75!!! You need to put something next to the ship so we can see the scale of it. Also, your English is great, so don't think much about it. It is nice to have your build info, pictures, and comments. Welcome to RCGroups!
TeamTEOR is offline Find More Posts by TeamTEOR
Old Feb 06, 2006, 04:33 AM
France
Joined Feb 2006
31 Posts
Quote:
Ok, I am even more impressed! EDF 75!!! You need to put something next to the ship so we can see the scale of it. Also, your English is great, so don't think much about it. It is nice to have your build info, pictures, and comments. Welcome to RCGroups!
by my calculations, the lower part of the ship (landing part) will be about 102mm. so 75mm EDF will be ok in size :-)

Size of the ship:
1113 mm long
665mm large
259mm high

depron used: 3mm for everything except the nose; 6mm x 6 layers glued together.

Do you know the multiplex MC3010 emitter ?
if yes, u'll known what is the size of the created wing :-)

for others; as i'd built the OldPilot sized before (820mm long) , i'd just putted it on top of mine :-D
on one pic u have a dark ruler on the "small" JDF, it's 31cm long

i hope it'll give you a more precise idea of the size of the model :-)

Regards, Jerome - Thx for the welcome in the groups :-D
Last edited by Gts1000; Feb 06, 2006 at 04:41 AM.
Old Feb 06, 2006, 04:39 AM
DIY user
Barcelona, Spain
Joined Jul 2004
506 Posts
Gts, I love that ship! At first I saw the pics and thought that was an imperial destroyer (hey, I must build one of those! )

GO-rc, you've got a mail.
JCaste is offline Find More Posts by JCaste
Last edited by JCaste; Feb 06, 2006 at 04:46 AM.
Old Feb 06, 2006, 04:43 AM
Scottsdale, AZ
Joined Sep 2003
7,479 Posts
Oh my, sounds like a job for a quad EDF at that scale, and to chase the MF around!

Great pics again buddy. That is a nice size ship you've got there.
Last edited by TeamTEOR; Feb 06, 2006 at 04:55 AM.
Old Feb 06, 2006, 04:50 AM
France
Joined Feb 2006
31 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCaste
Gts, I love that ship!
Nice to see you are using EDFs, how are you planning to let them "breathe"? Perhaps you could use the small gap between the bottom and top wedge-shaped panels to ram some of the iar to the EDF units.

Are you going to make all the cockpit section?

GO-rc, you've got a mail.

PS. Gts, at first I saw the pics and thought that was an imperial destroyer. Hey, I must build one of those!
i'm still thinking how i'll make the cockpit (i think i'll built it as same as i've done the wing) it'll host the radio system if the CG can be hold with the li-po pack(s). of may be the speed controler (45amps model to handle correctly the EDF). i also think i'll make a small opening to get the speed controller some fresh air...
The wing will be covered almos entirely except for the access window to the li-po place and receiver (i still have crystals for this one). it'll help in rigidity of the wing.

For the EDF, i'll put them under the wing fixed on the Keel.
The central part of the wing will host the li-po pack(s) and everything that need place adjustment to fit the CG. i'd built some more crosses as the central reinforcments to adjust the place of these elements. the ones in place actually are glued and cannot be moved, but they're at the back of the wing so i thought that they will pose no issue in this case. they will need to be prepared for electric cables for power for the EDF.
Old Feb 06, 2006, 04:52 AM
France
Joined Feb 2006
31 Posts
Quote:
Oh my, sounds like a job for a quad EDF at that scale, and to chace the MF around!

Great pics again buddy. That is a nice size ship you've got there.
The Quad-EDF project is for the attack cruiser :-P or may be an imperial cruiser which is almost the same, mut simplier in shape and with a large openning on the lower part (just interesting fort the quad edf inside the wing :-D just think about it :-P

- lot of thinking in my head for this (these) one(s).

Jerome
Old Feb 06, 2006, 04:56 AM
Scottsdale, AZ
Joined Sep 2003
7,479 Posts
Oh, not quad at your current scale, I ment if you upscalled it to be in scale proportion to the MF. So I was not clear enough on that one. LOL.
Old Feb 06, 2006, 05:21 AM
France
Joined Feb 2006
31 Posts
Quote:
Oh, not quad at your current scale, I ment if you upscalled it to be in scale proportion to the MF. So I was not clear enough on that one. LOL.
The cuiser i think of will be bigger than the JDF.
i'm actually thinking of a 1100-1200mm long model.
with EDF inside the wing along with everything else
the actuall issu i need to think of is the breathing of the EDF. it'll be a real issue if i want to stick with the model...
and the size of the EDF will be very important also with they'r push... as i see the cruiser it'll be a 1000g model without paint. i hope to build one lighter, but i can't really say for now... we'll talk about this in a few times when i'll have some more euros tu buy more EDF and controllers...

The first re-scaled JDF i wanted to build was:
1254mm long
750mm large
289mm high
but it didn't fit in my depron sheet
scale was 1.5 of the OldPilot model, the one i'd built is 1.36 scale to fit in a standard Depron sheet

Jerome - Big isn't that bad ?
Last edited by Gts1000; Feb 06, 2006 at 05:27 AM.
Old Feb 06, 2006, 06:49 AM
Scottsdale, AZ
Joined Sep 2003
7,479 Posts
Can't you use a lightweight corse metal mesh for the front of the model? It will keep the structure strong, and allow pleanty of air in to feed the EDF.
Old Feb 06, 2006, 08:47 AM
France
Joined Feb 2006
31 Posts
Quote:
Can't you use a lightweight corse metal mesh for the front of the model? It will keep the structure strong, and allow pleanty of air in to feed the EDF.
i think it'll be "a little bit heavy"
by the way...
i'd found interesting "blueprints" of startrek ships...
shop in ebay

unfortunately they're not free, but it's a start for startrek RC ships :-P

Jerome
Old Feb 06, 2006, 12:02 PM
Tucson, AZ , United States
Joined Oct 2004
65 Posts
Very cool fighter. Keep up the good work.
bigdoginit is offline Find More Posts by bigdoginit
Old Feb 06, 2006, 12:11 PM
Have Bluecore....will fly
Arizona, United States
Joined Mar 2005
320 Posts
Your build is continuing to look great! Looking forward to seeing it take shape as the top panels are glued on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gts1000
Go-Rc: Yes, I love this model of starship.
The next one will be a republic attack cruiser...
Republic attack cruiser (official StarWars website)

Jerome
Sounds cool, I would love to see a Republic Attack Cruiser flying but how about an EDF Republic transport cruiser? This design would work well for a single EDF set up. With a few small enlargements of the "wing" areas and a couple small modifications....maybe? Have a look could be fun?
GO-RC is offline Find More Posts by GO-RC
Old Feb 06, 2006, 12:19 PM
Resistered Loser
United States, IL, Paris
Joined Jul 2005
308 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gts1000
i think it'll be "a little bit heavy"
by the way...
i'd found interesting "blueprints" of startrek ships...
shop in ebay

unfortunately they're not free, but it's a start for startrek RC ships :-P

Jerome
http://www.merzo.net/
Check this site out, might be helpful?
bicmedic is offline Find More Posts by bicmedic
Old Feb 06, 2006, 03:23 PM
France
Joined Feb 2006
31 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GO-RC
Your build is continuing to look great! Looking forward to seeing it take shape as the top panels are glued on.

Sounds cool, I would love to see a Republic Attack Cruiser flying but how about an EDF Republic transport cruiser? This design would work well for a single EDF set up. With a few small enlargements of the "wing" areas and a couple small modifications....maybe? Have a look could be fun?

in a large scale, very light, with a small EDF inside, li-po pack and micro everything inside...
i think it'll fly pretty well...

i thought of this one in first for my next ship. but in my opinion, republic attack cruisers look much better :-P just a point of view...
but now, my plans are:
Jedi starfighter
Republic attack cruiser (about 1100-1200mm long)
NCC NX-01 or NCC-1701D (both planned with twin EDF) i think these should look great in R-C well see about this in a few months... if i can get enought time for them.

For the JDF i think to build the keel in plain balsa, but i still need to think of it.
this part is still not clear in my mind.
the upper side is taking shape now. I have a clear image in my head and i just have to build it (teh last pict u posted of it really helped me on this)

Regards, Jerome