HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
View Poll Results: GREATEST STAR WARS QUOTE!
"Laugh it up, fuzzball." --Han to Chewbacca 188 19.81%
"I am your father." --Vader to Luke 167 17.60%
"Mos Eisley Spaceport. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy." --Ben 42 4.43%
"Try not. Do or do not. There is no try." --Yoda to Luke 212 22.34%
"I got a bad feeling about this."--Han Solo and others 107 11.28%
"Apology accepted, Captain Needa." --Vader, after strangling Needa 51 5.37%
"I'd just as soon kiss a wookiee." --Leia to Han 29 3.06%
"Don't worry, she'll hold together . . . You hear me, baby? Hold together!" --Han to the Falcon 125 13.17%
Other (post it in the thread) 28 2.95%
Voters: 949. You may not vote on this poll

Old May 21, 2005, 06:21 PM
Have Bluecore....will fly
Arizona, United States
Joined Mar 2005
320 Posts
Build Log
MILLENNIUM FALCON & other STARWARS Parkflyers part 2!!

Hello all,
This is part 2 of a great thread for anyone with an interest in RC and the ships from the STARWARS movies. Please feel free to jump in with any comments, pictures or projects you may have. I am also trying to compile pictures and links to other STARWARS related RC ships. If you have one or have seen an RC STARWARS ship please post photos or links. Below is the link to part 1 of this thread with construction picks and flight reports. Also below are the Millennium Falcon plans made from the build in part 1 as well as pictures and links of other RC STARWARS ships built or in the works by our friends through out RCGroups and elsewhere!

PART 1
An entertaining read

PART 1 HIGHLIGHTS
GO-RC Falcon construction begins
Building of Snakex2's first Falcon
CG work through & changes begin
Snakex2 Falcon maiden
Snakex2 second Falcon
First GO-RC flight pic
My favorite two posts(364 & 365)
GO-RC Falcon maiden

PLANS
MILLENNIUM FALCON plans & complete construction guide by GO-RC

LINKS TO BUILDS BELOW
GO-RC
Snakex2
Fanboy
jskrebs
Artsloper
StrelecMP
jgiannini
Gts1000
Mario
Hans-Joachim
tris10g
nicke
knightcharger
SGTalon - Destroyer
SGTalon - B wing
SGTalon - Viper
GO-RC is offline Find More Posts by GO-RC
Last edited by GO-RC; Sep 02, 2009 at 11:50 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old May 21, 2005, 07:07 PM
Arizona, United States
Joined Mar 2005
320 Posts
Little update on my Falcon. After the last few flights she was in need of a small nose job. I'm almost done with it and then back up she goes.
I also wanted to throw this out there. I have some plans that I made from parts as I constructed the ship. They are rough as some parts had small changes during assembly. I was wondering if anyone out there that is familliar in drawing with a CAD program would be interested in redrawing the plans. Then I could post them so others can build thier own. If anyone is interested please let me know.
Last edited by GO-RC; May 21, 2005 at 08:58 PM.
Old May 21, 2005, 07:28 PM
Jacksonville FL
Joined Feb 2005
378 Posts
Episode II already, sweet. Good to hear from you again GO-RC
T-Fly is offline Find More Posts by T-Fly
Old May 21, 2005, 07:51 PM
Go Sabres!
Laurel, MD
Joined Aug 2004
809 Posts
I have no CAD skill but I am real interested in a set of those plans!! How is the Falcon flying now? Did you work out the roll issues? I was wondering if you run the vertical fins all the way through so they show on the top and bottom if it would be any more stable.

Chris
savall21 is offline Find More Posts by savall21
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Aerial Video of Cincinnati Ohio
Old May 21, 2005, 08:33 PM
"Experienced-Crasher"
Rex, NC "Extreme Boonies"
Joined Jan 2002
2,355 Posts
Well,..

I'll sign on to this one too... perhaps a video will pop-up here... >using the force to subliminally implant the thought in Go's head< Bob
Demon-Leather is offline Find More Posts by Demon-Leather
Old May 21, 2005, 10:53 PM
Australia, NSW, Katoomba
Joined May 2002
5,433 Posts
HERE IS a dimensioned line drawing of my Jedi Star Fighter.

The Build details are on http://www.rcgroups.com/links/index.php?id=4827 just scroll down to the JSF image and click on it to read all about it.

Cheers. Patrick.
oldpilot is offline Find More Posts by oldpilot
Old May 22, 2005, 05:13 AM
Joined Apr 2005
42 Posts
Wow just read through all of the thread, some cool ideas.

One thing I noticed crop up a lot was "give anything enough power and it will fly". What about making a flying death star, that would look cool...

Go-RC, I have a 3D modelling program so I could be persuaded to draw up the plans and at the same time it would make a 3D model that I'm sure would help if someone was building their own. However, I'm kinda in the middle of GCSEs at the moment so I wouldn't be able to devote night and day to it... PM with some plans and I will see how much time it will take up.
burnt_sandwich is offline Find More Posts by burnt_sandwich
Old May 22, 2005, 05:21 AM
Cyprus, Nicosia
Joined Apr 2005
75 Posts
cool part 2
i love all the cool ideas of planes and stuff
watched ep3 yesterday and aminda flies this kick ass ship sorta like a fling wing zig zag plane and a naboo fighter
would look great as a model
hobbitcy is offline Find More Posts by hobbitcy
Old May 22, 2005, 05:23 AM
Australia, NSW, Katoomba
Joined May 2002
5,433 Posts
OOPS !!!

I forgot to put the 1/2 span dimension on that plan. Should be 10 1/2" or
267 mm, and CG should be 17" from the nose. If you print the plan out A4 size just add it in.

Sorry about that. Cheers. Patrick.
Last edited by oldpilot; May 23, 2005 at 02:21 AM.
Old May 23, 2005, 01:03 AM
Arizona, United States
Joined Mar 2005
320 Posts
Hello,

OldPilot - Thanks for posting the drawing of your jedi fighter. Looks like a nice build.

Burnt_sandwich - a death star would be cool with a rotor so it could slowly hover into range of the rebel base. I will also PM you about the plans.

Hobbitcy - I totally agree that ship padme flew was too sweet. Someone has to build that thing!

OK the Falcon has had its modifications. I recut the elevons to hinge at 90% to the centerline. I'm hoping this will help with the roll and yaw issues. Also I added the small winglets to either side. Goanna add them to my 12" glider and see how they effect the CG. Once this test is complete its time to head out to the field and give her another go. She has been flying pretty wild. I'm hoping these changes will get her more under control. One thing I can say though is after about 7 flights she is still in one piece. Anyway I'll try to get some more pictures too. Keep your fingers crossed.
Old May 23, 2005, 02:20 AM
Australia, NSW, Katoomba
Joined May 2002
5,433 Posts
Go, Go, Go, --GO-RC.

Cheers. Patrick.
Old May 23, 2005, 02:22 AM
Unsafe at any speed
Rochester, NY
Joined Jun 2003
442 Posts
Anyone seen Episode III yet? There's a sleek looking flying wing in it (the one used to ferry Padme around) begging to be converted to an RC model with twin EDF power and some chrome ultracote!
Wiseguy is offline Find More Posts by Wiseguy
Old May 23, 2005, 04:37 AM
Cyprus, Nicosia
Joined Apr 2005
75 Posts
cant wait to see the falcon flying in tip top condition
- wiseguy thats the one me and Go-Rc mentioned
hobbitcy is offline Find More Posts by hobbitcy