SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old May 21, 2005, 11:16 AM
Joined May 2005
7 Posts
team losi xxx-nt truck question????

JUst bought a team losi xxx-nt stadium truck yesterday and did the proper break in procedures as instructed in the manual. Ran it rich and sluggish for 4 tanks of nitro. This morning I took it out to play and the motor ran strong, but it wouldn't move. Seemed like the brake was stuck on or the clutch was malfunctioning. Now I can't even get the motor to run on a full tank. The glow plug is getting red hot, I can see nitro going through the fuel line. Just not sure why it won't fire up. This thing has me very frustrated and I have only owned it a day. If anyone could please please give me any helpful suggestions, tips, or words of wisdom, I would very much appreciate your knowledge. Thank you so much for your time and effort, greatly appreciated.

Steve Fuller
Rookie RC guy
schooch79 is offline Find More Posts by schooch79
to remove ads between posts
Old May 21, 2005, 11:36 AM
Joined May 2005
7 Posts
OK so I got it running, I figured out the my glow plug ignitor battery was shot. But now it just is really slow it takes all the way down my street to get up to speed!!!!! Please help!!!!!!!!
Old May 22, 2005, 12:28 AM
Joined May 2005
176 Posts
Sounds like you just need to lean it up. You run it rich to break in, but once your done you can lean it out quite a bit. Untill it becomes responsive off the line. 1/8 of a turn at a time is how the manual reads. I do this after warming up the engine wih a half tank or so. My engine is always a bit slugish when I first fire it up for the day, but once warmed up it goes great.
jonesdb is offline Find More Posts by jonesdb
Old May 22, 2005, 09:42 AM
Joined May 2005
7 Posts
cool, i will give it a try and let you know how it goes. thanks a bunch