Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jul 06, 2005, 12:22 PM
Joined Mar 2005
67 Posts
Planeman6, about how much weight does the landing gear add?
slopilot is offline Find More Posts by slopilot
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 06, 2005, 12:26 PM
Joined Dec 2004
32 Posts
landing gear

forgot to mention-- if there is enough interest ill post a -- how to -- with pics on how to make this gear.-- my all up weight for this plane is 13 ozs. as you see it--- flys GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!
planeman6 is offline Find More Posts by planeman6
Old Jul 08, 2005, 09:05 AM
HOW HIGH DOES IT GO???
Jacksonville, Florida
Joined Nov 2004
2,153 Posts
Was up Planeman. I would like to see how you do your L/G even tho I use aluminum. Just post it here .

Ben
Ben-Rod is offline Find More Posts by Ben-Rod
Old Jul 11, 2005, 02:07 AM
Boss248
n/a Posts
Here's a couple of short vids of my beat up over weight hot glue bus Extra 330...it's all beat up but still does pretty good.

Boss
Terrible flying on my part..I should not waisted the disc space.
Last edited by Boss248; Jul 13, 2005 at 09:58 AM.
Old Jul 11, 2005, 07:04 PM
FASST flyer
USA, OH, Newark
Joined Sep 2001
3,563 Posts
Looks an aweful lot like the Foamy Factory Extra, which I did not like. It flew nothing like the Foamy Factory Yak, which is still my all round favorite foamy.
KatManDEW is offline Find More Posts by KatManDEW
Old Jul 11, 2005, 08:34 PM
HOW HIGH DOES IT GO???
Jacksonville, Florida
Joined Nov 2004
2,153 Posts
Nice KatMan, the go Patty scheme. I like it. Sure you will too. Give us your 411 on this plane. Boss Man nice vid. I'm gona get some vid going too. I've prolly done 4 ff 300's and for my taste I prefere the 3DBX 330s fer sho...
Old Jul 11, 2005, 09:20 PM
Boss248
n/a Posts
I know what you mean Katman...I have a 3dfoamy.com Extra 300 hanging in my work room..and it was terrible...the 3D Raven was killer tho...I really did enjoy that plane. The Ertra330 from 3dbatix.com is in no way like the 300...if you build one you'll see what I mean..night and day diff...really.I love this plane.
Ben...I can actually fly lots better than that...my camera man catching me at my worst.

Boss
Old Jul 12, 2005, 01:54 AM
Boss248
n/a Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben-Rod
Nice KatMan, the go Patty scheme. I like it. Sure you will too. Give us your 411 on this plane. Boss Man nice vid. I'm gona get some vid going too. I've prolly done 4 ff 300's and for my taste I prefere the 3DBX 330s fer sho...
Ben..Bro...don't show this old man up to bad in your vid...ok..
BEN...hurry up with that vid...I want to see some gooe flying flor a change..
Boss
Last edited by Boss248; Jul 12, 2005 at 09:59 AM.
Old Jul 12, 2005, 11:20 PM
Boss248
n/a Posts
Why is it that everytime I post a vid of me attempting to do 3D no ome ever post after that....I know my flying is bad..but is it that bad really...I guess you guys are trying to be nice and spare me any shame...I don't blame ya..it's bad...but dang I try hard.

Boss
Old Jul 13, 2005, 09:28 AM
HOW HIGH DOES IT GO???
Jacksonville, Florida
Joined Nov 2004
2,153 Posts
Boss your flying aint bad at all. I dont have a vid camera but gonna barrow one from a friend. Soon as I do, I'll try to post a video. The weather here has been dead calm since the hurricane past by. Hoping to get some vid later today when I get off work.

Ben
Old Jul 15, 2005, 05:33 PM
HOW HIGH DOES IT GO???
Jacksonville, Florida
Joined Nov 2004
2,153 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss248
Ben..I see you got the bad boy Hacker A20 in there...is it all it's cranked up to be...I mean am I really missing something here...?

Boss
Got my 1st flight with the TP 1320 Pro-Light bat. And all I can say is WOW. The 20-20L came alive. Soooo Much Power!!!!!!! It is no longer Amp hungry...

Ben
Old Jul 15, 2005, 11:23 PM
ProBro # 501
Austin Tx
Joined Jul 2005
1,861 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben-Rod
Got my 1st flight with the TP 1320 Pro-Light bat. And all I can say is WOW. The 20-20L came alive. Soooo Much Power!!!!!!! It is no longer Amp hungry...

Ben
I don't seem any videos ...ZBRO...whts up with that?????????/

Boss
Boss248 is offline Find More Posts by Boss248
Old Jul 16, 2005, 12:06 AM
Slow Stick fanatic
United States, MI, Huntington Woods
Joined Feb 2004
290 Posts
I'm sorry that I couldn't read the whole thread, but I must agree that this plane is as awsome as it gets for free plans!

I built mine and got it flying a couple of weeks ago and have had a great experience.
Setup:
Himaxx 4100 w/ Mamba-25 ESC (shhhh... )
TP 1320
Electron 6 receiver
Bluebird 306's all around (4 total) w/ pull-pull rudder

AUW under 13oz, maybe 12

Even though I'm still flying with a basic 4ch Tx, there are no necessary mixes that I've wished I had with other plane designs. I left my control throws to keep it tame and manageable (45 rudder, 40 elevator, 35 ailerons). After flying it once, I was comfortable enough to consider increasing these!

First impressions:
EXCELLENT rudder authority - knife edges are easy to perform with just the left stick (rudder and throttle), no coupling to speak of unless you've got some elevator trimmed in, which will just run it in a large circle. Easily transitions to a hover w/o getting bent out of shape. Haven't tried any KE loops, but maybe soon...

A bit less wing area than my previous planes, but not noticeable, because you can slow this baby down without it rolling out. Harriers are good, minimal wing rocking, but nothing that some practice - or a computer radio *cough cough* - couldn't fix.

This plane also does elevators like a dream... no "stairs" on this planes decent. I'm still messing with the CG so the elevator can be as level as possible. Very fun plane.

Boss is right: there's no reason you should pass up free plans like this. Simply amazing
S.S.Shmavis is offline Find More Posts by S.S.Shmavis
Old Jul 16, 2005, 07:49 AM
Joined May 2005
209 Posts
I just started to build my 3DBatix Extra 330 this morning.I got to tell you
it goes together quick.I had to put on aileron counter balance,but I know
that modification won't bother with the flight characteristic of the plane
(I think???) I made mine with blue-foam.

Also, welcome back boss.

Happpy flying,
Team3d
Team3D is offline Find More Posts by Team3D
Old Jul 16, 2005, 07:41 PM
HOW HIGH DOES IT GO???
Jacksonville, Florida
Joined Nov 2004
2,153 Posts
Sorry Boss, I havent got to make a vid yet. I am at the mercie of a buddy of mine who keeps forgetting to put it on charge so that I may barrow it. All you guys building will surely be happy with this one, it is an awesome plane. Your right Shmavis this is as good as it gets for free plans. It falls together. Gonna do a few mods to make it an Edge 540. I will start cutting it Monday. Sure hope it dosent change it much unless it gets better.(I cant amagin that). Happy flying fellas!!!!