HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 23, 2006, 09:32 PM
ProBro # 501
Austin Tx
Joined Jul 2005
1,861 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bahamadude
Have anyone tried the hacker A20-50S with the 28 inch version yet ?
That plane at less than 6 ounces would be a blast.

I am aiming to ge the plane to do manuevers as slow as possible so it can help my skill building.Like knife edge at a walking pace.

Did ya 28 incher fly very slow ?

thanks
It was blowing pretty hard but I was parking it in knife edge hover against the wind and as far as I know I have the only 28" 330 yet but the Hacker would be awesome.

Boss
Boss248 is offline Find More Posts by Boss248
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 30, 2006, 07:11 AM
United States, KS, Ingalls
Joined Feb 2004
110 Posts
Hey Boss248 do you think you can post a one page or full size plan of the 28 inch runt also.

I need more info onhow it flies.
Does it hover well ?
Bahamadude is offline Find More Posts by Bahamadude
Old Jan 30, 2006, 10:54 AM
PB #2212
London, England
Joined Dec 2005
330 Posts
hey boss

i just flew my extra in 21mph winds
and wot can i say it flew just as good with no winds it was a mostly harriering flight i had the 11*8 prop on an 1000mah 3cell and it still went half a mile on half throttle it was so much fun just trying to control it was the main task aswell as not letting the wind take it behind you i was doin ke cross wind wasnt so good lmao

winds should dye down soon so some smoother flying

dan
3dflyindan is offline Find More Posts by 3dflyindan
Old Jan 31, 2006, 06:48 PM
Arlington,Texas
Joined Jan 2005
2,239 Posts
Guys I took the extra out yesterday for a little flight . Moved the control rods to the lowest hole on the control horns, got a lot of throw on the ailerons now . Man this plane is just fun to fly. Got it rolling real good now. Just need to get it down lower and try some rolling harriers. This has really became my favorite take to work and practice plane. Getting good flight times off the Vampower 3s1050 lipos, around 10-13 minutes flying, battery and motor both come down cool. No flying for the next couple of days due to high winds but the weekend is right around the corner
bass3587 is offline Find More Posts by bass3587
Old Feb 11, 2006, 11:56 AM
founder of the SSP
Walkerton, Indiana
Joined Jul 2004
1,529 Posts
I just cut number two out of depron. I plan to get ant least 4-5 more cut out for spares. I can see I will never want to not have one of these flight ready. Way to cool of a plane. I cut this one with the revised plan without all the zig zag lock crap. WAY faster to cut and I see no loss in strength. I need to pick up some 1/4 ply and make some more permanent templates. How about a tiled plan of the 540 conversion. Now if the weather would just improve enough to go out and fly.
Steve Boone is offline Find More Posts by Steve Boone
Old Feb 11, 2006, 02:42 PM
ProBro # 501
Austin Tx
Joined Jul 2005
1,861 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Boone
I just cut number two out of depron. I plan to get ant least 4-5 more cut out for spares. I can see I will never want to not have one of these flight ready. Way to cool of a plane. I cut this one with the revised plan without all the zig zag lock crap. WAY faster to cut and I see no loss in strength. I need to pick up some 1/4 ply and make some more permanent templates. How about a tiled plan of the 540 conversion. Now if the weather would just improve enough to go out and fly.
Steve...it sounds like you are as hooked as almost anyone that has built the 330...did you try the plans I posted..? I have not really been able to get any windless days to tryout my 28: 3mm version but someday the wind MUST lay down. The flights I did get were very impressive and I can't wait to get a good days flying on it done.

Boss
Old Feb 11, 2006, 03:38 PM
founder of the SSP
Walkerton, Indiana
Joined Jul 2004
1,529 Posts
Yep, I like it better because you don't have all that zig zag tab stuff to cut. Much faster and just as good IMO. My printer likes to print it at 34 1/2 " WS, but it flies great with the Esskay 400XT like that so I'm not changing it for now. Is there a tiled plan for the 540 conversion or is there not enough difference to make a seperate plan?
Steve Boone is offline Find More Posts by Steve Boone
Old Feb 14, 2006, 11:56 AM
HOW HIGH DOES IT GO???
Jacksonville, Florida
Joined Nov 2004
2,153 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Boone
Yep, I like it better because you don't have all that zig zag tab stuff to cut. Much faster and just as good IMO. My printer likes to print it at 34 1/2 " WS, but it flies great with the Esskay 400XT like that so I'm not changing it for now. Is there a tiled plan for the 540 conversion or is there not enough difference to make a seperate plan?
Hello Steve, Yea man there really isn't that much of a differance. It's simple to do and if your like me you'll always have one of these flight ready too. It's an easy way to add an Edge 540 to your fleet.

Boss, do you the new file where I can have it printed @ kinko's?

Ben Rodriguez
Ben-Rod is offline Find More Posts by Ben-Rod
Old Feb 14, 2006, 04:19 PM
ProBro # 501
Austin Tx
Joined Jul 2005
1,861 Posts
Ben..lemme take a looksee..it's on my hd somewhere..what size do you need the paper..??

Boss
Old Feb 14, 2006, 07:46 PM
HOW HIGH DOES IT GO???
Jacksonville, Florida
Joined Nov 2004
2,153 Posts
Boss, I just need a revised file of the 36" 330S that kinko's can print for me. Heck I don't now maybe they can do that with the one you posted.

Ben
Ben-Rod is offline Find More Posts by Ben-Rod
Old Feb 14, 2006, 09:31 PM
ProBro # 501
Austin Tx
Joined Jul 2005
1,861 Posts
Ben...I don't have the file in anything but the tiled version..sorry

Boss
Old Mar 27, 2006, 12:03 AM
Fayetteville Municipal, Arkansas, United States
Joined Sep 2004
574 Posts
Alright Boss and Ben-rod have either of you guys scaled up the plans to 40 plus inches??? I have ben flying mine for a year now. There are now more than 5 others at my field because of it. It is the best foamie made for sure. I want to scale it up 20% which would make for a 43.2" version. That would make it fly slower and even easier to hover and torque roll and etc. I think all that would be required would be adding a additional 4mm wing spar and maybe a little stiffening up in a spot or two. I am thinking about a Hacker A30-28S or so with a SloFlyer prop and TP 2100 3-cell.

If someone could scale it up 20% and maintain the 6mm cut lines I would build one. I use the full size plans and the graphics place I use to have the PDF file printed can scale it up or down fine, I would just have to redraw all the cut lines on the fuse and that would be no fun.

Does anyone have the ability to edit the fullsize plans and maintain the 6mm cut lines???

I can picture some slow rolling circles popping straight up into a dead locked in hover with it. I think a all up weight of under 20oz would be easy and the power wouldbe nuts at that weight.

Thanks,

Norman Ross
Futurase is offline Find More Posts by Futurase
Old Mar 27, 2006, 09:20 PM
Arlington,Texas
Joined Jan 2005
2,239 Posts
Glad someone brought this thread back up again. I'm still flying mine with a few added dents here and there . Everytime someone sees it fly they can't help but comment on how well it flys. Come to find out the warehouse where i fly at has a big glass window and the workers have been watching me fly it for weeks before one of the guys came out and wanted to know where he could buy one. The only plane he has flown is an Walwart Airhogs. Told him he needs a trainer first then he can move up. The guy asked how do you make it twist and turn like that? You know this did my ego some justice. I still consider myself a novice 3d flyer, it's just that the Extra 330 can make you look like you know what your doing. Going to have to get some new lipos for it as I left my Vampower 1050 plugged up all night. Had to resort back to my heavier Electric Power 1300's, that added 1.2 oz to the plane but she still flew great. It's amazing how slow this plane can fly. Did a knife edge around the field and it left me grinning from ear to ear. Hope some of the other people here on rcgroups build one. They won't be sorry.
Old Mar 27, 2006, 10:44 PM
Mouth of the Midwest
Joined Mar 2003
116 Posts
bass3587, do you get any coupling when you knife edge the 330? I haven't flown mine in 4 or 5 months since the first couple of flights, I don't recall if it had any or not.

JoeRC
JoeRC is offline Find More Posts by JoeRC
Old Mar 27, 2006, 11:06 PM
Arlington,Texas
Joined Jan 2005
2,239 Posts
Joe I got a little like it was going towards the belly but other than that it was pretty cool. Remember I'm still a novice at 3d .