SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old May 20, 2005, 06:55 AM
Wattflyer Community *********
Joined May 2005
123 Posts
Rocky Mountain Electric Fun Fly 2005-Golden, Colorado

First Annual "Rocky Mountain Electric Fun Fly 2005" To be held on Saturday, July 30th, 9am to 4pm at the Arvada Airpark, State Highway 93, Golden, Colorado. This is the home field of the Arvada Associated Modelers, who have been kind enough to loan us their field for this event.
Events; Speed 400 LMR Sailplane (AMA event 610) with motors limited to "can" or Speed 400 only, 7 cell NiCad or NiMH packs only. 45 second run, 5 minute glide, no spot landing, 3 rounds.
Limbo- Any Plane, motor, battery. Start at 10', 1' lower each pass.
Heli Pad Hop- Any E-Heli, 4 pads, 10' square. Lowest E.T. wins
GWS "Slo Stik" Precision Flight. Any Motor and battery, plane must be "Slo Stik" Mods OK. R.O.G., 3 loops, 3 touch + Goes, spot landing, in two minutes. Each second over/under 1 point lost. 2 attempts per entrant
AMA License req'd to enter, $ 10.00 entry includes 1 event entry, add'l events $ 5.00 each. Spectators free. Raffles and Fun Flys all day. CD George Baxter, contact www.rmeflyers.org. Event hosted by Rocky Mountain Electric Flyers in cooperation with Arvada Associated Modelers. Maps, Flier and Rules on website.<www.rmeflyers.org> Ron, rmefrbe@aol.com
Sky Sharkster is offline Find More Posts by Sky Sharkster
Last edited by Sky Sharkster; Jun 11, 2005 at 07:56 PM. Reason: location in title
to remove ads between posts
Old May 31, 2005, 11:22 PM
colorado
Joined Jan 2001
76 Posts
Will definitely try to make it, Ron:-)
hammertime is offline Find More Posts by hammertime
Old Jun 26, 2005, 07:12 PM
Joined May 2005
123 Posts
Colorado E-Fun Fly, July 30, 2005

Just a reminder regarding the All-Electric Fun Fly July 30th (Saturday) At the Arvada Associated Airpark...I sent out letters to electric suppliers asking for donations to sponsor this meet. So far the results have been fantastic! We have enough merchandise so that 1st place in EACH event will receive a brushless motor and matching speed controller. 2nd place in each event will receive a brushless motor. 3rd place prizes and Award (non-flying) prizes will value about $ 50.00 each. There will also be free contestant raffles and a give-away to each contestant. A few of the contributors have been Castle Creations, Aero-Model, Dymond Aerosports, Quiet Flyer and ElectroFlying Inc. Thanks to ALL the Sponsors, it's going to be a great meet! Sky Sharkster.
P.S. If you plan to attend there is no pre-registration but could you post a reply here? RMEF and AAM would like some idea of the attendance. Maps and info @ <www.rmeflyers.org> or <www.arvadamodelers.com> Thanks!
Old Jun 26, 2005, 10:57 PM
Suspended Account
Joined May 2000
8,535 Posts
I might make it out there. I know I plan on going to Teke the weekend before... Possibly.
Arbo is offline Find More Posts by Arbo
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jul 07, 2005, 06:32 AM
Joined May 2005
123 Posts
Colorado Electric Fun Fly, July 30th

The First Annual Rocky Mountain Electric Fun Fly is moving right along, here's the latest updates; We've received an AMA Contest Sanction, # 05-1769, this is a class "A" sanction, which means it has 1 official AMA (rules) event, the Speed 400 LMR glider, but we've shortened the times, 45 second motor run, 5 minute glide, 3 rounds. The rest of the events are non-rulebook, it's a FUN FLY! Fly what you bring. There are also 3 award categories, best finish/covering, pilots award(best model) and Best Origional Design so there will be a static display for voting. The prizes continue to come in, now it looks like there will be 10 additional free raffles with prizes worth about $ 30.00 each, plus a couple of kits worth about $ 50.00. If you have a model that other flyers might be interested in, bring it! We'll either give you a spot in the flying Demos or put it on static display.
The Contest Director is George Baxter <ghbaxter@earthlink.net> and additional info and maps are at <www.rmeflyers.org>. The location is about 12 miles NW of Denver, Colorado off I-70. See you there! Sky Sharkster
Old Jul 14, 2005, 11:21 AM
BYOP - Build Your Own Planes
United States, WI, Appleton
Joined Mar 2001
1,721 Posts
Dang! If it was any other weekend, I'd be there. Unfortunately, I'll be in Oshkosh for EAA Airventure :-)
Mountain Models is offline Find More Posts by Mountain Models
Old Jul 24, 2005, 08:42 PM
What Canary?
Huntsville, AL USA
Joined Jul 2000
1,733 Posts
Any chance of a swap-meet area or should I just sell my treasures out of the back of my car?

I plan on attending,
Keith
KeithK is offline Find More Posts by KeithK
Old Jul 25, 2005, 04:48 AM
Joined May 2005
123 Posts
Swap Meet?

Sure, Keith, we'll set up a "Swap" area near the static displays! We Also have a couple of Local Hobby shops bringing small displays. If it's electric, Bring it! Regarding the weather, Colorado, like most of the West, has been having a heat wave, in fact today (Sunday, July 24th) was the first sub-100 degree day in a week. Expect temps in the 90's, bring water! Arvada Associated has Sun Shades, tables, port-a-Pottys, a very nice frequency control system, but it wouldn't hurt to bring a canopy and food. No cooking or fires allowed. Sky Sharkster
Old Jul 25, 2005, 07:02 PM
Mitchell, South Dakota, United States
Joined Jun 2004
196 Posts
Hey!

Hey Ron!!Remember me!!Dustin from last summer!?I moved to South Dakota and flew with you guys for about 3 months....well im comming back to colorado tommorow and i will be in town on sat. for the event!! ...what luck!im bringing my .40 size elec. conversion camera plane so i can take some aerial pictures and my tribute for some 3-D action..I cant wait to see everyone again!!!! ....I have many items to swap or sell....Now that I moved out here to SD theres tons of room so ive kinda gotten into gas models and am currently working on a 81" sig four star to be powered with a 25cc homelite weedwacker engine! ...hehe should be fun....so ive got lots of motors,esc's, and a big box of batteries I dont use anymore!!I'll see everyone there!!!-Dustin
rmeflyerkid is offline Find More Posts by rmeflyerkid
Old Jul 26, 2005, 05:41 AM
Joined May 2005
123 Posts
Hello Dustin!

Hey Dustin, good to hear from you! We'll all be glad to see you, bring whatever you want to swap...We're going to have a flying demo at lunchtime, Think Jorge will have his "Suprise" Hotliner, Helis,3D, other hi-performance planes, maybe you can take Arial Photos? Cory is running "Slo Stik", Gregg S is ED for "Limbo". I'll tell'em you're coming! Ron
Old Jul 31, 2005, 10:58 AM
What Canary?
Huntsville, AL USA
Joined Jul 2000
1,733 Posts
I would like to thank the Rocky Mountain Electric Flyers and crew for hosting the "first annual" Rocky Mountain Fun Fly. I had a great time and hope this turns into a yearly event!

Thanks again,

Keith
KeithK is offline Find More Posts by KeithK
Old Aug 01, 2005, 07:57 AM
Joined May 2005
123 Posts
Event Report: Rocky Mountain Electric Fun Fly 205

Hello All, Here's the results from the First Annual "Rocky Mountain Electric Fun Fly 2005". We had GREAT weather, hot, not windy and a little overcast in the afternoon to cool things down. About 150 Electric Flyers, "Swappers", Vendors, Hobby Shop Owners, and pretty much everyone else interested in Electric Flying in the Rockies. Bringing displays and booths (and Donations!) "Stevens AeroModel", "Mountain Models", "Aero-Works", "Colpar Hobbies", "Sky High Hobbies", "Mile Hi Hobbies", and most of the staff from "Hobby Giant" who were pressed into service as "volunteers", Thanks, Guys! A large fenced-off area (formally the "pit" area, but electrics don't NEED pits!) looked like E-Model Heaven, with swap, sell, buy, order, look and talk all happening at the same time.
Big Time "Thanks" to the Arvada Associated Modelers, without the loan of their field and their many volunteers we couldn't have even HAD a meet. Jim W, Pat V, Phil T, Mike B and of course our Contest Director George Baxter all worked hard to make this go and we greatly appreciate their efforts.
Lots of fun flying, Helis, Gliders, 3D, sport/scale and of course our "Events", "Limbo" was hotly contested with "GWS Slow SticK" the next most popular event. I will be posting a list of winners on our club website as soon as I get results from our Event Directors.
Sponsors: Sure we could have flown without'em, but then there wouldn't be any PRIZES! A big THANKS to; Aero-Model, Aero-Works, Castle Creations, Colpar Hobbies East, Colpar Hobbies West, Electro Flying Models, Dionysus Designs, Dymond Model Sports Ltd., Hobby Giant, Horizon Hobby, Mountain Models, Sky High Hobbies, Stevens AeroModel, Thompson's Arts & Crafts and Quiet Flyer. Support them, they support us!!
Another large THANKS to all our club volunteers, Event Directors Gregg S, John G, Keith and everyone that gave their time and sweat to run the event.
Last, we've got photos now, and I'll be posting a full event report soon, on <www.rmeflyers.org> click on "Forums" See you next year! Sky Sharkster
Old Aug 02, 2005, 11:53 PM
Truss-Loc Monkey
Colorado Springs, CO
Joined Feb 2002
4,389 Posts
Ditto, thanks guys for a great time... See you next year.

-Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeithK
I would like to thank the Rocky Mountain Electric Flyers and crew for hosting the "first annual" Rocky Mountain Fun Fly. I had a great time and hope this turns into a yearly event!

Thanks again,

Keith
Stevens AeroModel is offline Find More Posts by Stevens AeroModel