HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 12, 2002, 02:27 AM
Kamloops
Joined Dec 2001
6,844 Posts
Who else has CP Master and wants to go online?

I want to go online and do some combate with a few people who have the Cockpitmaster Sim Any Takers? Also i am having a bit of trouble getting it online but i am sure it is because i am doing something wrong. Maybe someone else can tell me what to do?
kushal_22 is offline Find More Posts by kushal_22
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 12, 2002, 02:56 AM
All under control, Grommit!
United Kingdom, Aberdeen
Joined Sep 2000
12,588 Posts
Jushal

I use CM but had pretty much given up on the online combat as due to the time differences and the non-marketing of CM in Europe there was rarely anyone there when I logged on. The few combats I have had were very enjoyable though.

Have you downloaded the CM Pilot Alert utility, which will let you know when there is someone in the CM Lobby? I have had a lot of trouble with the lobby window being illegible, but that usually cures itself after the first flight.

Which time zone are you in, relative to GMT, perhaps we could set up a suitable time for some ezoners to log on and get combatting.

Leccybrian
leccyflyer is offline Find More Posts by leccyflyer
Old Apr 12, 2002, 12:26 PM
Kamloops
Joined Dec 2001
6,844 Posts
I am not sure what time zone i am in buti can tell you where i live (Relitivley) I am in the same time zone as someone in Vancouver British Columbia and if GMT is Genral Mountian time i am One hour EARLIER so if it was 10AM GMT i would be 9AM I am up at all hours as i do not have to go to work so this is not too much of a problem for me(unless i just cannot stay awake) and I agree we should try and get something going with others who have CM I have downloaded the pilot alert but it has never sounded since installing it.

Malcom
Old Apr 12, 2002, 12:28 PM
Kamloops
Joined Dec 2001
6,844 Posts
Anyone else out there that would like to try Online combat with Cockpitmaster????

Tell us what time zone you are in maybe we can get something together
Old Apr 12, 2002, 12:40 PM
All under control, Grommit!
United Kingdom, Aberdeen
Joined Sep 2000
12,588 Posts
Malcolm

I've merged the two threads that you stared on the same subject together.

I'll go now and log onto the CM lobby if you want to try out some combat- I'll be a few minutes getting the disc and connecting up but should be there shortly.

Update- No joy I'm afraid it looks as if the server could be down, or in any case I cannot connect to it. Sorry- guess we'll have to try another time.

Brian
leccyflyer is offline Find More Posts by leccyflyer
Last edited by Brian Cullen; Apr 12, 2002 at 12:54 PM.
Old Apr 12, 2002, 01:36 PM
USA, IL, Barrington
Joined Feb 2001
1,948 Posts
CM Server

Hi fellow CM Flyers! According to Andre of CM they took the server off line due to inactivity and available space on their computer. You can still fly if you host a session yourself but CM will no longer
support it on their server. Guess that goes with the new planes and flying fields!

Regards,

Pete
peterv is offline Find More Posts by peterv
Old Apr 12, 2002, 02:14 PM
Kamloops
Joined Dec 2001
6,844 Posts
How do you "Host" one yopurself? I gather you do not click "go online" in Cm? I must say this is a perfect place to come and get people together to do this sort of thing. I was surprised that CM was so inactive and that i could never find someone to combat with. CM has or did give us a great oprotunity. WE should start to use it. I do not have my CM disk until Monday as someone is trying it out. Once monday comes I would love to knock and be knocked out of the sky!
Old Apr 12, 2002, 05:34 PM
USA, IL, Barrington
Joined Feb 2001
1,948 Posts
SIm Support

I'm not quite sure, but Andre from Machineworks, the author of the Sim said on his board that CM supports network and internet hosting on the CD. He posted it on his board in the CM forum, you might want to check it out. I'll look at my CD tonight and see if the files are on there.

Pete
peterv is offline Find More Posts by peterv
Old Apr 12, 2002, 06:05 PM
Surrey, BC, Canada
Joined Apr 2001
28 Posts
kushal

GMT is Greenwich Mean Time and you are at GMT -8 hours
ewingnut is offline Find More Posts by ewingnut
Old Apr 13, 2002, 11:55 AM
Kamloops
Joined Dec 2001