HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 19, 2005, 02:33 PM
In Thrust We Trust
Norfolk Intl, Virginia, United States
Joined Jul 2004
1,660 Posts
Build Log
"STS" Seaplane/Airplane Free Plans, Build Guide and Videos!

The “ST” series of planes continues with the latest project.

"STS" Seaplane/Airplane, full fuselage, with removable floats and landing gear. 44 in wing span, GWS350 D gear w/10in prop, 1320 ma 3cell. Beautiful flyer.
This plane is for intermediate builders who have already built a “STC” type foamie before and wish to try their hand at a full fuselage or seaplane next. No deciding which to build first as you can have both with this design. Simple, cheap, and fun to build are the main criteria for this plane. Not to mention that it’s a blast to fly!
Here is a short clip of its maiden: www.ozonefoam.com/stsc.wmv 3.3megs.

And a video of the same water flight with a landing gear maiden flight thrown in:
www.ozonefoam.com/stsshort.wmv 5.6 megs.

And a very long one with great music showing the whole water maiden flight with lots of touch and goes: www.ozonefoam.com/stslong.wmv 22.4 megs.

Here's another video of the STS all dressed up and doing a Dawn Patrol. Really just more touch and goes, and some a little sloppy, but it's fun and it's so nice to fly. Music is OK too.
www.ozonefoam.com/stsf.wmv

Here is a recent one (10-22-06) with wheels on;
http://www.ozonefoam.com/stswhc.wmv 6mgs

The website is sometimes slow with viewers, so check back often.

For a short while, I will make available the plans and build guide. I just ask that you do not use them for commercial purposes or duplicate and reproduce them. Please do not repost them for others. They are for your use only, so go have fun!

Plans in pdf, tiled- www.ozonefoam.com/sts.pdf
1 Page Plans, pdf- www.ozonefoam.com/sts1.pdf
Build Guide- www.ozonefoam.com/stsbg.pdf

Please understand that I only recently taught myself CAD so that these plans are being refined and changed daily as I learn more. Let me know of any problems that you find.

“STC” link: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...&page=11&pp=15

Happy Flying!
WaterDog is offline Find More Posts by WaterDog
Last edited by WaterDog; Mar 10, 2011 at 06:25 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old May 19, 2005, 03:07 PM
John 3:16
Dom. Rep.
Joined May 2003
3,825 Posts
Waterdog, Pages 18-24 are blank on the plans pdf. Is that the way it is supposed to be? I will be building this very soon.
Daddy-O
*Edit* I just got done looking at the build guide and it looks EXCELLENT! (as usual). Thanks for all of the hard work and the plans and guides. Your work is excellent. I am looking forward to this plane and already have the floats waiting.
Daddy-O
Daddy-O is offline Find More Posts by Daddy-O
Old May 19, 2005, 03:28 PM
John 3:16
Dom. Rep.
Joined May 2003
3,825 Posts
I just got done watching the long video. It looks great! I am building one of these as soon as I can. The music is perfect for the video also. Was that taken with the helmet cam? If so, it looks like you got that down to a science. That looks so peaceful out there. I like the full fuse design also. Thanks again. Flight reports to follow.
Daddy-O
Daddy-O is offline Find More Posts by Daddy-O
Old May 19, 2005, 06:05 PM
Krued Up
United States, MA, Springfield
Joined Jul 2004
4,528 Posts
beautiful,this is an awsome plane.too many on the board right now but i will get a chance
snolord1 is offline Find More Posts by snolord1
Old May 20, 2005, 08:23 PM
In Thrust We Trust
Joined Jul 2004
1,660 Posts
Snolord- know the feeling! Thanks for the compliment. Hope you can make one sometime.
From the STC site Brian asked:
"Sorry, but this is not related to this plane but the full fuse version, but how does it fly on a brushed motor? I still have not gotten a brushless motor yet. I am getting ready to cut out the plans to build it.
Thanks,
Brian"

Works great! Double stator with 24 g wire and N50 magnets will give plenty of power on 2 and 3 cell and a 9-10 in DD prop. Currently use one on a 41 inch Cessna 0-19 seaplane.
Last edited by WaterDog; May 20, 2005 at 08:29 PM.
Old May 20, 2005, 08:41 PM
Titanium Has My Back!!
Birmingham,Al
Joined Dec 2001
1,815 Posts
Stc

I would like full fuselage plans for the stc like you have for the full size STS.I think that it would be more substantial and then you shouldn't need the bamboo sticks for support.Don't get me wrong, I love the two that I built, but "please" make some up for us or me since it was my idea Thanks, Dave
Or how do I scale them down? I am not that computer literate,but I can follow written plans
9LIVES1968 is offline Find More Posts by 9LIVES1968
Last edited by 9LIVES1968; May 20, 2005 at 08:42 PM. Reason: spelling
Old May 20, 2005, 08:50 PM
In Thrust We Trust
Joined Jul 2004
1,660 Posts
9lives- you can take the plans down to kinkos and they will reduce or enlarge it for you. There are other ways using software that maybe someone can chime in about. Also scroll back to MatRats full fuse version as a idea maker. I'll try to get a one page version up tomorrow.
Old May 20, 2005, 09:19 PM
Titanium Has My Back!!
Birmingham,Al
Joined Dec 2001
1,815 Posts
Thanks for the reply.Will be looking forward to tommorrow.I assume that your are referring to an earlier post terry (matrat)did in the stc thread? Thanks again for such a woderful flying plane.Even with all the other other planes I have been building and flying out of fff(blu funder, and now, mini 3dx(btw wind blew it out of a tree today(yea)ruined a maxamp 3s lipo(boohiss),jarbomb,simple wing,and gym blue, this is my favorite(stc)I always end my day of flying with it.It is perfect for flying in my tree covered cul de sac .Dave
9LIVES1968 is offline Find More Posts by 9LIVES1968
Old May 21, 2005, 02:50 PM
In Thrust We Trust
Joined Jul 2004
1,660 Posts
9lives1968- Thanks for the kind words! Its all about fun.
Old May 23, 2005, 04:08 PM
In Thrust We Trust
Joined Jul 2004
1,660 Posts
New video

Here's another video of the STS all dressed up and doing a Dawn Patrol. Really just more touch and goes, and some a little sloppy, but it's fun and it's so nice to fly. Music is OK too.
www.ozonefoam.com/stsf.wmv
Last edited by WaterDog; Mar 10, 2011 at 06:35 PM.
Old May 23, 2005, 05:38 PM
No time to fly
USA, MO, Independence
Joined Nov 2003
360 Posts
Sorry this has been so late, commycast has been down for a while here so no internet. I got a chance to maiden it yesterday in around 8-10 mph winds, and it handled them well. It is really a smooth flying airplane. It also makes great stalls.
My set-up
gws 350c-d
2 cell etec 1200 hd
ISC-300 until it locked up at full throttle.... now isc-100 until I get brushless.
6 channel gws reciever.
Keep up the great work, I will try to get some one to video soon.
Brian
BrMiHi08 is offline Find More Posts by BrMiHi08
Old May 23, 2005, 06:06 PM
Suspended Account
New York City
Joined May 2005
698 Posts
WOW, nice plane!

I'm going to pass though... Building the STC Piper one..

Silent
Silent is offline Find More Posts by Silent
Old May 23, 2005, 06:15 PM
Chillin till SEFF
Warner Robins, GA
Joined Aug 2003
14,711 Posts
Awesome plane Waterdog. Very nice video too. You have to tell me who the music is by. I have an affinity for nice guitar pieces.
bildo baggins is offline Find More Posts by bildo baggins
Old May 23, 2005, 06:27 PM
In Thrust We Trust
Joined Jul 2004
1,660 Posts
Thank you Bildo. The music "Mi Angel" by Los Ninos de Sara. Do you strum?

Silent- no problem. It's better to build the STC first, then tackle the STS seaplane. You'll have fun with the STC!

Brm-sounds good. Look forward to your videos.
Old May 23, 2005, 07:57 PM
No time to fly
USA, MO, Independence
Joined Nov 2003
360 Posts
My video, no music, real sound, I hope you like.
http://home.comcast.net/~brmihi08/RC_STS.wmv
BrMiHi08 is offline Find More Posts by BrMiHi08