SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old May 18, 2005, 04:46 PM
Joined May 2005
4 Posts
Increasing flight time on a Hobbico SuperStar EP Select Plane

I started an Aeronautics Club at my high school for students interested in
flight.

The first plane I purchsed was a Hobbico SuperStar EP Select, 3-Channel,
RTF, 48.75" ws. The problem is that it has a very short flight time in its current configuration and not all of the students who come out get a chance to fly the plane. I am looking for ways to increase flight time.

I am looking for advice ( or sources of information ) on how to retrofit it with another motor ( brushless, perhaps) and Lithium Polymer batteries. I have heard that these "upgrades" will increase the flight time of the plane.

Is this accurate?
Is it even advisable to do this on this model?
AMarkIII is offline Find More Posts by AMarkIII
to remove ads between posts
Old May 18, 2005, 04:59 PM
Fiberglass dont bounce???
Zion, Il.
Joined Sep 2002
2,408 Posts
Welcome to the Group Here is all the info you could ever want for this plane and all its upgrades (ENJOY) ...R... http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=344927
RandyK1 is offline Find More Posts by RandyK1
Old May 18, 2005, 07:48 PM
Joined May 2005
4 Posts
Thanks! It certainly is helpful.
AMarkIII is offline Find More Posts by AMarkIII