Closed Thread
Old May 17, 2005, 01:01 PM
Living a Dream
VA
Joined Mar 2005
1,372 Posts
We could really use your help part 4 - Preparing for Flight

We could really use your help part 4 - Preparing for Flight

We really could use some help. At Christmas I bought my son a $29.00 Air Hog R/C plane. Actually it really flew well. I really enjoy spending quality time with my 13 year old son. Since Christmas we went out about evry other day to a good sized soccer field to fly. But, I am afraid the Air Hog gave out and left us without a plane. So I got on Ebay an ordered a cheap Symrna Super Sonic RTF. Man have we had a bad luck with this plane. The first day the engines came off and a prop broke after my son crashed it. The side props dug into the sides of the fuselage and tore holes into it. The list goes on and on and on, until recently the right engine stopped working all together. So, we are basically back to where we were before Christmas. I spent allot of time repairing the plane, but by design I guess, it just never few right straight out of the box. My son and I got pretty good at flying and I've really miss those afternoons. My son has been saving and he has roughly 50.00 dollars.
Thanks Again,
J Jones

UPDATE:
Since this message was posted we have received nothing but kindness, and support from the members of RC. A member that goes by the name of Skroggs went out of his way, and actually bought us a new Pico ARF Cub and a SS with a broken tail that we have repaired.

Another member by the name of Stuart Linfoot offered a donation of parts to complete the new plane, and asked others to donate as well. Since that point we have had many other members offer their support.

I would like to take a moment to Thank everyone for the unbelieveable kindness and support that they have shown us. I would especially like to thank:

SKROGG
BirdBrain
Angel
Stuart Linfoot
Diver Don
RC Flyer
Yukondog
HawkLover
Vanning
Lensrc
Heliguy
Per in Norway!
and a Special Thanks to JWarren the Moderator of this Thread..

for thier donations, time and help. Without the help from these people, and the input from so many others. This would have never been possible.

Thanks to everyone that has responded to this Thread. You are a remarkable group of people. It certainly has been proven to us that people really do still care. You are the greatest!

Thank You for everything,
James & Erik Jones

Please take a moment to read thru this Thread, the individuals here have made a father and son's dream come true.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=350042

This is a Continuation from a fantastic on going Thread called "We Really Could Use Your Help" Please read the original thread. It's a thread that will prove there are people that still care for family values, and friendships. My son and I will never forget what the people here have done for us. But, we still haven't flown yet, so We Could Really use Your help Please don't let this thread and the friendships fade away. We are so close.

Thank you to the great friends that we have made over the past 3 weeks. They are like brothers.

Thank you,
James & Erik
Last edited by Xwild : May 06, 2005 at 11:06 AM.
Xwild is offline Find More Posts by Xwild
Last edited by Xwild; Nov 22, 2005 at 10:29 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old May 17, 2005, 01:05 PM
Living a Dream
VA
Joined Mar 2005
1,372 Posts
Welcome to part 4! Fella's!
Old May 17, 2005, 01:08 PM
Callsign: CornDog
Milpitas, CA
Joined May 2003
5,364 Posts
Okay, no more 1 line posts!!!

In the spirit of that, here's a second line ...
HawkLover is offline Find More Posts by HawkLover
Old May 17, 2005, 01:09 PM
Flying motor mount master
San Jose, California, United States
Joined Oct 2004
8,745 Posts
May you have many funfilled flights with your son!

fb

p.s. If you need GWS 350 motors I have a couple of them as
well as one GWS 400 motor. I've gone brushless and I am
addicted to the power.
fly_boy99 is offline Find More Posts by fly_boy99
Old May 17, 2005, 01:09 PM
Joined Apr 2005
89 Posts
Wow that means that I have read over 2000 posts!
ndawdz is offline Find More Posts by ndawdz
Old May 17, 2005, 01:25 PM
Just "PLANE" crazy
Chennai, India
Joined Dec 2003
1,214 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by driver don
HL, I cheked this morning on the cost of shipping to India. Just a rough shot and size is limited it could cost OVER $100 before it leaves the states. There may be duties on the other end. You could fly here and take it back cheaper. DD BTW I get stuff shipped from Japan for $2.50. and it gets here in 5 days. Go figure.
Aircraft world sends stuff for 9$ thats only for small stuff..
And allerc sends stuff other thatn kits for 10$ too but ACW is much faster.
then newest thing i have found is www.b-p-p.com
he offers free int shipping for more than 100$!! but he has got no Kits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkLover
Ashwin, you need to make friends with someone local that has a CC!! It has to be extremely frustrating to be limited like you are ... unless you have family coming to visit on a regulare basis. I feel for you!
Every body is afraid of fraud.. But lets see... nobody belives that a 15yr old can save up this much and spend soo much on a hobby so they dont take me seriously.
Next my cousin is comming in december.. after that only in the next year december.. But the are refusing to let me pay and so it is not correct so i dont ask for stuff more than 50$.

But i should Not be Moping like this in jj's thread...

JJ ' best of luck for your maiden...
HEhe now i can say that i to have flown no more just technical info.. I can say I have flown wihtout crashing!!!! YEAH!!!
Spy king is offline Find More Posts by Spy king
Last edited by Spy king; May 19, 2005 at 10:27 AM.
Old May 17, 2005, 01:27 PM
AllAloneInSpaceAndTime
Canada, ON, Guelph
Joined Apr 2003
2,389 Posts
AD,
Not yet. I've been very busy with work. (We just opened a new warehouse...) I will send pics when I'm done though. Probably this weekend. They don't look like they take long to make.
Corey
The Enemy is offline Find More Posts by The Enemy
Old May 17, 2005, 01:40 PM
Eject! Eject! Eject!
Dayton, OH
Joined Sep 2004
1,002 Posts
E,

if your good at soldering you can make one in about 10 min., that's with a 5 min coffee break.

AD
AeroDude is offline Find More Posts by AeroDude
Old May 17, 2005, 01:42 PM
Milpitas, CA
Joined May 2003
5,364 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroDude
E,

if your good at soldering you can make one in about 10 min., that's with a 5 min coffee break.

AD
... and 3 minutes for the soldering iron to warm up!
Old May 17, 2005, 02:08 PM
Living a Dream
VA
Joined Mar 2005
1,372 Posts
Hey Ashwin there are several places that I found in India that sells RC planes and parts. Here is some of the information that I have found so far.

India Hobby Center,Metros

They deal in all kinds of aeromodelling goods,mainly the Aurora dealers,but they get u any kind of R/C equipment,imported stuff,spares,odds,imported engines,imported kits,with advance order of 50%.Mostly they will prefer the common engines and R/C equipment.They are they prime dealers of Aorora products,so most of the common kits will be available here.If not they can be ordered.

India Hobby Center,Bangalore
No.105,Commercial Street
Ph-(080)-5587781

India Hobby Center,Mumbai
Marine Lines

India Hobby Center,Chennai

India Hobby Center,Delhi

India Hobby Center,Secundrabad

India Hobby Center, Calcutta

Contact Mr Shekhar Singh for details.

India Hobby Center
1-A , Russell Street
Calcutta - 700 071
Ph-(033)2261910

ENR Aircraft Models,Bangalore

Owned by P.Eshwar,a name which is taken with much respect within the aeromodelling circle in India.A person who had dedicated his entire life for its growth in the country.An extremely resourceful person,who will get u anything u want at reasonable rates.He also gives professional training in radio controlled flying.Sharma disels can be got here.Please also contact him for any kind of odd stuff,spares etc.

ENR Aircraft Models
Lady curzon Rd.
Near Bowring Hospital
Bangalore
Ph-(080)5592133

National Models,Mumbai

Contact MR Pinto for any item from here.They are one of the largest suppliers in Mumbai,customised models,R/C models,kits,static,u can get them all over here.

National Model Manufacturing,Mumbai
A6 St. Pius E Society
Lourdes Villa Street
Mulund(W),Mumbai-400080
Ph-(022)5616421

Innovative & Innovators

A one time shop in chennai.u can get all sophisticated sets here.Also u can ask them for flight simulators and imported engines.They are also offering coaching for beginners.

Innovative & Innovators
No 7,Car Street
Chennai,India

Radical Works,New Delhi

Please contact Rajiv Jain here for all kinds of kits & stuff.The supply for a no of U.S kit manufacturers.Has a webpage which is linked from the links page.

Radical Works
D-20, Connaught Place
New Delhi-110001, India
Tel: 91-11-3352674, 3357287
Fax: 91-11-3357287
URL: http://www.radicalworks.com

Sharma Engines,Jodhpur

The supplier of one of the best engines manufactures in india.I am always impressed by thier disel 3.2 cc,much like the europian frog engine.Rugged & excellent service.Very good for beginners who want to start cheap.

Shivco Hobby center,Ahmedabad

This is a store for readymade airplane models,kits etc.imported stuff also abailable.

Shivco Hobby center
303,Umiya shopping center
Satellite Rd,Ahmedabad
Pin-380015
Tel-6445693
Fax-6765535

Multitherm(India)

Multitherm (India) is Authorised Distributor for the following Co,s
1. O.S.Engines Mfg. Co. Ltd. (Japan)
2. Komatsu Zenoah Co. (Japan)
3. Great Planes Model Distributers Co. USA
4. Sig Mfg. Co. Inc. USA

Multitherm(India
A-21/24,Phase-2,Naraina Ind. Area
New Delhi -110028
India.
Tel: 0091-11-5701967
FAX:0091-11-5709126

Kadet Model Products

Kadet Model Products,based in Calcutta is producing Kits and ARF's(Ready to fly) models.They are also dealing in MDS engines.They have a full line of planes including gliders,trainers, intermediate and pattern airplanes to suit every flying style. All thier aircrafts have a fully finished fiberglass fuselage and veneer covered foam core wings, formed parts are attractive and accurate and complete top-grade hardware packages are included.They have also launched a website and can be accessed at http://www.kmp.co.in

Kadet Model Products
34, Ganesh Chandra Avenue
Calcutta - 700 013
Fax: +91 33 237 4473
E-Mail: kadet@kmp.co.in

ENR Model Aircraft
http://www.geocities.com/Baja/Desert/2160/enr.html
35,Lady Curzon Rd.,Next to Indian Bank
Bangalore. Ph - (080)5592133
Email: enr@vsnl.com

http://www.modelpilot.com/
Multitherm (India), A-21/24 , Phase-2 , Naraina Ind. Area, New Delhi -110028 , India.

Tel: 0091-11-5701967

FAX: 0091-11-5709126, 0091-11-5400886

E-mail us at : info@modelpilot.com

http://www.radicalworks.com/Companies.htm This place has a ton of RC
D-20, Connaught Place, New Delhi-110001, India
: 91-11-23418674, 51517352, 51517289
: 91-11-3414123, 9811789711
: rajivjain@vsnl.com ;
rajiv@radicalworks.com

http://www.sharmamodelaero.com/
M/s Enr Model
Aircrafts
35, Lady Curzon Road
Bangalore, India

AHMEDABAD

Shivlo Hobby Center
303,Umaiya Shopping Center
Satellite Road
Ahmedabad, India

JABALPUR

Mr.G.R.K.Nair
'Manglam' Denning Road
Civil Lines
Jabalpur, India

I hope this helps, I found these in under 5 minutes searching the web.
Last edited by Xwild; May 17, 2005 at 02:14 PM.
Old May 17, 2005, 02:24 PM
Just "PLANE" crazy
Chennai, India
Joined Dec 2003
1,214 Posts
hey! thanks a ton for those...
But the prob is If you look that there are all for gass models...
and they dont believe that elec fly and they say there are a waste of time and all..
Ok now for xample.. I went to India hobby center, chennai
and told him that i would like to get some servos(IIRC there were 12$).. he said ok he cld order them.
then when i asked him the price he said that it would be like allmost 25$!!
they first buy the stuff then the shipping is added and then they add their commision-allmost 100%...
And all they have are large gas models... and there are tooo xpensive for me..and the props too are for gass...

Another prob is that most of these people are VERY VERy commercial.. and use this hobby to make money.

I got a jolt the fisrt time.. i went to a place where some times a guy comes and flies his planes.. he took me to his house got a trainer cord and a xmitter and let me fly his 40. size trainer for some time.. then he told me that if i came for one week he would teach me how to fly.. I was xtremly thrilled... then he flew my old RTF and told me that i would not be able to fly this yet-he then said that If i came for 1 week i wld be flying...
Then when i was telling my dad this he told me of how he had taken my dad aside and asked him for money for me flying the 40. trainer and said that If he gave him 10,000 rs he would teach me to fly!!

Ashwin
Last edited by Spy king; May 17, 2005 at 02:29 PM.
Old May 17, 2005, 02:30 PM
Living a Dream
VA
Joined Mar 2005
1,372 Posts
Here is an RC Airplane Chat Forum that is in India. There are allot of RC threads from people from all over India http://www.geocities.com/Baja/Desert/2160/for.html

I hope this helps as well
Old May 17, 2005, 02:37 PM
Just "PLANE" crazy
Chennai, India
Joined Dec 2003
1,214 Posts
WOW!! i searched and searche using google... and all i got was
www.indiarc.com

but there is not much activity. But if you look at all these places its basicly where the teacher hangs abt waiting for his lunch.-No offence.. but I am realy glad and in debt to the Zone-and thats y i met guys like Uttam, prashant, rajesh and sajeev who stay in bangalore... and they are a great help-teaching me to fly...
-Ashwin
Old May 17, 2005, 03:21 PM
Balsa is for doll houses
Texas, San Antonio
Joined Aug 2004
1,647 Posts
So The new SS is ready to madien?
I can't wait..
We must Fly!
Skrogg is offline Find More Posts by Skrogg
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Babymetal!
Old May 17, 2005, 03:31 PM
Milpitas, CA
Joined May 2003
5,364 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spy king
hey! thanks a ton for those...
But the prob is If you look that there are all for gass models...
and they dont believe that elec fly and they say there are a waste of time and all..
Ok now for xample.. I went to India hobby center, chennai
and told him that i would like to get some servos(IIRC there were 12$).. he said ok he cld order them.
then when i asked him the price he said that it would be like allmost 25$!!
they first buy the stuff then the shipping is added and then they add their commision-allmost 100%...
And all they have are large gas models... and there are tooo xpensive for me..and the props too are for gass...

Another prob is that most of these people are VERY VERy commercial.. and use this hobby to make money.

I got a jolt the fisrt time.. i went to a place where some times a guy comes and flies his planes.. he took me to his house got a trainer cord and a xmitter and let me fly his 40. size trainer for some time.. then he told me that if i came for one week he would teach me how to fly.. I was xtremly thrilled... then he flew my old RTF and told me that i would not be able to fly this yet-he then said that If i came for 1 week i wld be flying...
Then when i was telling my dad this he told me of how he had taken my dad aside and asked him for money for me flying the 40. trainer and said that If he gave him 10,000 rs he would teach me to fly!!

Ashwin
It's a shame that they have that kind of attitude. I thought most everyone in this hobby was out to have fun and to help others have fun too. I could never own an RC shop ... I'd give everthing away!

It is very honorable of you to try to avoid taking advantage of your relatives when they come and visit. Maybe you could turn your money into a money order and send it to them and then make your request? It looks like shipping a plane to Indai could be cost prhibitive!
Closed Thread