SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old May 16, 2005, 10:20 AM
The W3 Group
Joined Aug 2004
288 Posts
Rave
New Reflex models and sceneries web site

HI all. Just wanted to take a second of your time to introduce you to a new reflex models and scenery web site. My brother Ted and father and I started some months back building very high quality models and sceneries. Now you can download them via Bit torrent. We're still working on models and scenery so their will be more to come. It is very important to us to get feedback from the community,so please contact us with any comments or suggestions. Good feedback and any donations will help keep us at it. You can download them at http://w3.wehner.cc .Enjoy!

Thank you,

-Chris

W3 Group
[ o ] cap is offline Find More Posts by [ o ] cap
to remove ads between posts
Old May 16, 2005, 05:09 PM
Pacifica, CA
Joined Jul 2003
228 Posts
Chris at W3 Group, any chance you will upload complete files at Rcsim.de?
Joe Papa is offline Find More Posts by Joe Papa
Old May 16, 2005, 05:24 PM
The W3 Group
Joined Aug 2004
288 Posts
i dont think so as of yet . we would like to keep them at our site in one place. why do you ask?
Old May 16, 2005, 08:29 PM
Pacifica, CA
Joined Jul 2003
228 Posts
Chris, I am currently not set up with any P2P sharing.
Old May 16, 2005, 09:51 PM
The W3 Group
Joined Aug 2004
288 Posts
Joe,

BitTorrent is a safe and widely used download application for distributed file sharing. The original BitTorrent client is pure donation-ware and quite sufficient for the purpose of downloading the W3 resources. We are not aware of any BT clients that use unethical practices such as spyware, adware, viruses, etc. You can download the official BT client at http://www.bittorrent.com. We strongly encourage you to pursue this download approach (A: because we have very limited bandwidth, B: because the sceneries are too large for direct download on our current hosting). If you are unable to get the BT download working, we have temporarily enabled direct download links on the models only.

Hope this helps,

Ted
W3 Group
Old May 16, 2005, 10:53 PM
Pacifica, CA
Joined Jul 2003
228 Posts
Ted, Chris & W3 Group,
Thanks for the info. I went ahead and set myself up with BitTorrent as you suggested. I was able to successfully download all the files. I must say that your self installing files are done very well. Actually it is the first self installing files I have ever seen for Reflex XTR. I got a chance to try the new scenery and models. I think they are all just fantastic! I love the fact that you chose to do models after real RC models that people actually have or can buy. The new scenery is as good as anything from Reflex themselves. Obviously you guys are an extremely talented group. There doesn't seem to be as much involvement for XTR as there is AFPD, especially of this caliber. I hope you continue to make more "real" scale RC models and sceneries. I am just not into all the 3D models that seem to be popping out lately. I would like to see some warbirds with working flaps and retracts. Keep up the great work!
Old May 16, 2005, 11:11 PM
The W3 Group
Joined Aug 2004
288 Posts
Joe,

Great to hear you were able to download the files. We really appreciate your comments. After downloading a ton of models and sceneries ourselves, we found that the procedure to get them running was pretty unclear for new users - so the installer just made sense. Hopefully the Reflex team will get the RSK (scenery kit) out this year. This will allow us to properly map the scenery so you dont go flying through solid objects . Thanks for the enouragement...have a great time flying!

Ted
The W3 Group
Old May 17, 2005, 04:28 AM
UK
Joined Oct 2003
3,821 Posts
Shame there are no helicopter models
Malc C is offline Find More Posts by Malc C