HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 14, 2005, 10:52 PM
farmington, mn
Joined Sep 2003
884 Posts
anyone build the Albatros DIII from aerodromerc?

just curious if any had made the albatros http://www.aerodromerc.com/WWI/AlbatrosDIII_36/AlbatrosDIII_36.htm.
i'm curious how long the build time is on this sucker and what parts are needed.
if anyone has info on this plane please let me know
jeff
jeff262 is offline Find More Posts by jeff262
to remove ads between posts
Old May 15, 2005, 12:19 PM
United States, NY, Fairport
Joined Jun 2000
2,600 Posts
Jeff,
I've built the prototypes for the DII and the 54" DV. My build time is a bit slower due to building/photoing/discussing design with Kurt. The kits are elegantly cut and fly extremely well. The DIII would be a fairly easy build because the fuse sides are like the DII rather than like the DV (curvey). You won't be disappointed in the kit and you'll be rewarded with a really nice rendition of the plane.
Dave
dottney is offline Find More Posts by dottney
Old May 16, 2005, 02:36 PM
Joined Nov 2004
13 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff262
just curious if any had made the albatros http://www.aerodromerc.com/WWI/AlbatrosDIII_36/AlbatrosDIII_36.htm.
i'm curious how long the build time is on this sucker and what parts are needed.
if anyone has info on this plane please let me know
jeff
I did the DII 36" in about 10 evenings. First all balsa build. Pefect plans and laser cut outs. It did require me to get all the related tools and several trips to the hobby store for a lot of balsa. Learned a lot on the model. I did go seriously wrong with a Nippy and LiPoly batteries for weight. Got the CG to far back. Flew terrible. Then added a lot of lead. Flew just OK. Lots of threads on Albatros. Awaiting the Fokker DVIII from Kurt.

Geoff
Geoff Ashton is offline Find More Posts by Geoff Ashton
Old May 16, 2005, 04:17 PM
Designing on the edge
United States, OR, Portland
Joined Mar 2001
1,533 Posts
Goeff,
The Fokker DVIII has been in our workshop for a month. I guess you missed the announcement here.
Kurt
Bengtson is offline Find More Posts by Bengtson
Old May 18, 2005, 01:49 PM
Joined Nov 2004
13 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengtson
Goeff,
The Fokker DVIII has been in our workshop for a month. I guess you missed the announcement here.
Kurt
My bad for being so busy. I'll order it today.

Geoff
Geoff Ashton is offline Find More Posts by Geoff Ashton