HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 30, 2001, 10:47 AM
DAve caNDI,& 5#'s of fury
Oscoda, MI :)
Joined Jan 2001
529 Posts
Who won the "slim-Gym" contest ????

Just wondering who won the naming contest?
Or what was the name that won?
Dandi6065 is offline Find More Posts by Dandi6065
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 30, 2001, 07:39 PM
Houston/Katy Tx
Joined Feb 2001
75 Posts
Yep, me too.
Look Out! is offline Find More Posts by Look Out!
Old Apr 30, 2001, 11:51 PM
sal
NSP (Vermont)
Joined Aug 2000
2,695 Posts
I asked people to vote by sending me an e-mail and no one did! they did send a single vote for thier own names on the forum itself. I think I will decide on the name and award the plane to the name I choose. The voting thing juts did not work out.
sal is offline Find More Posts by sal
Old May 01, 2001, 01:22 AM
Mincha Victoria Aussie
Joined Dec 2000
461 Posts
Unfortunately Sal things dont always turn out for the better--why do people vote for their own names -- hardly a sense of fair play??? The design looks a killer and should be treated with the respect it deserves!!
CHIVALRY IS DEAD!!! long live self interest

[This message has been edited by aussie slowman (edited 05-01-2001).]
aussie slowman is offline Find More Posts by aussie slowman
Old May 01, 2001, 07:00 AM
Old age is not for sissies
Dayton Intl, Ohio, United States
Joined Jan 2000
7,920 Posts
Personally I thin you should stay with Slim Gym (not Jim) It's a nice play on words and you won't have the snack food lobby bothering you.

Azarr

Quote:
Originally posted by sal:
I asked people to vote by sending me an e-mail and no one did! they did send a single vote for thier own names on the forum itself. I think I will decide on the name and award the plane to the name I choose. The voting thing juts did not work out.
Azarr is offline Find More Posts by Azarr
Old May 01, 2001, 07:31 AM
Arlington,VA USA
Joined Jan 2001
1,862 Posts
I sent you an e-mail over a week ago on my name suggestion. I did not post it here as requested.
pullin-gs is offline Find More Posts by pullin-gs
Old May 02, 2001, 09:27 PM
Space Coast USA
Space Coast
Joined Oct 2000
21,010 Posts
Sal, your web site where I saw the contest just said to send in a name.
["BTW...we are looking for a name. We will give away a free "Slim Jim" to the person who suggests the best name. send to my e-mail address below.

© copyright 2001 Northeast Sailplane Products
Email: sal@nesail.com
Guess I and others missed the voting part you're talking about. I assumed you were going to pick the name all the time so go for it.
hoppy

QUOTE"]Originally posted by sal:
I asked people to vote by sending me an e-mail and no one did! they did send a single vote for thier own names on the forum itself. I think I will decide on the name and award the plane to the name I choose. The voting thing juts did not work out.[/QUOTE]

[This message has been edited by hoppy (edited 05-02-2001).]
hoppy is offline Find More Posts by hoppy
Old May 29, 2001, 10:55 PM
Houston/Katy Tx
Joined Feb 2001
75 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Dandi6065:
Just wondering who won the naming contest?
Or what was the name that won?
I thought "FREE Plane?" wow, I never win anything, so I too entered Sal's contest to name the new liteStick conversion w/ the working name "slimjim". I entered the name Slim-GYM to give it more meaning than a stick of meat. He posted our entries(including mine) and said that he would award a plane to the winner. It's now being marketed as the Slim-GYM. I inquired on me being the winner, and Sal replied sorry, that was his idea all along, and that he simply "mispelled" the name on each and every Ezone post as well the company website. So nobody won. My sour grapes have turned to "whine", and I'll take my business to someone who keeps better promises to the public.
Old May 30, 2001, 06:46 AM
Central NJ
Joined Mar 2001
708 Posts
aaah, we don't have to fight over who gets a free Slim Gym..... better still, offer us a special E-zoner sale price and we'll all order one !
Feodosia Flyer is offline Find More Posts by Feodosia Flyer
Old May 30, 2001, 09:54 AM
DAve caNDI,& 5#'s of fury
Oscoda, MI :)
Joined Jan 2001
529 Posts
WHAT!!!! I did not win???????
Com on Sal just say I won and Ill take the plane . I wont tell.
Dandi6065 is offline Find More Posts by Dandi6065
Old Jun 01, 2001, 12:46 AM
sal
NSP (Vermont)
Joined Aug 2000
2,695 Posts
Perhaps I was not clear. I did use Slim Jim for my posts. My company in Slovakia and it is a wholly owned subsidiary of NSP, has been calling it the Slim Gym since they started to build the design. This is the European name. Should I give you a free Slim Gym anyways? I really hate to bend to pressure especially since you have decided to smear me here in the forum. Now because you did not win, you want to call me a liar and not do business with me again. OK, done! It certainly isn't the Slim Gym but the principle. Here is proof.

OK, here is the deal. The first one who gets to me by phone on Saturday will get a free Slim Gym. You have to talk to me personally. No messages. I probaly will not be in until 10 or 11 AM but you never know!You must be part of the forum and I will need your forum name so I can post this on Saturady Evening. Anyone who calls during this time and does not win will get the name of the winner.

Everybody else who suggested a name or calls in for the Saturday contest may have a Slim Gym for $49.95 and $5.00 for shipping. The contest is still going for the upgrade airframe for the Lite Stick. I will post the names again after this weekend. You must vote by sending an e-mail to me...do not vote on this forum!
sal is offline Find More Posts by sal
Old Jun 01, 2001, 03:03 PM
El Queso Grande
Rippin in Hood River, OR, USA
Joined Oct 2000
1,141 Posts
I did send an e-mail for the first contest. Still I sort of think we should all just let this one die and try a different strategy for the LiteStik upgrade version. I think that the employees of NSP should decide the name and therefore the winner. That way Sal ends up with a name he likes (or he can always just decide not to use any of the names) and no-one can slam the contest with e-mails.

Just a suggestion to resolve this.
windsurfer is offline Find More Posts by windsurfer
Old Jun 01, 2001, 06:43 PM
Houston/Katy Tx
Joined Feb 2001
75 Posts
No Sal, It was not my intent to smear you. You already have enough "fans" here to do that. In a nutshell, you held a contest in which the public could participate, and the winner would receive a free plane. I made an entry. My entry name for the plane was Slym-Gym. "We" never heard another word about the contest until now. I do not think you are a liar. I just found it to be coincidental that my entry name was never mentioned by you or your website prior to the contest, and the plane is NOW marketed as the "Sly-Gym". That's all. I am no longer interested in your airplanes free, or otherwise. I just hope that the next time you hype your merchchandise with a contest, you get your facts together from Slovakia or wherever before hand. Good Luck!
Old Jun 01, 2001, 07:47 PM
Walled Lake, MI, USA
Joined Feb 2000
11,182 Posts
Sal, I have done business with your company and have nothing bad to say about you. But, based on the contest rules that were posted here, there is no way that it should matter whether or not Slim Gym was a name already being used by a Slovakian supplier. This was not disclosed up front, and the rules can't be changed in the middle of the game without having an effect on credibility.

It really doesn't even matter whether or not Look Out! is only bluffing and never sent an e-mail (and how are we to ever know for sure because there is no way of proving it to us). Whether or not Look Out! actually sent an e-mail with this name was not questioned. It was only stated that this name would not count because it was a name already being used by a supplier, which is not a valid rule to institute once the contest is already in motion.

The best way to avoid such situations is not to make spontaneous offers, however well-intentioned, without clearly defined rules. Have you ever considered hiring a professional public relations advisor? ;-)

[This message has been edited by Dave Hederich (edited 06-01-2001).]
Dave Hederich is offline Find More Posts by Dave Hederich
Old Jun 01, 2001, 08:44 PM
Ancaster, Ontario, Canada
Joined Nov 2000
2,525 Posts
Is he kidding About that contest???
Paul Penney is offline Find More Posts by Paul Penney