HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 10, 2002, 07:37 AM
EDF Head
Stavanger, Norway
Joined Feb 2000
7,999 Posts
Jepe A4 Skyhawk

Called Jean-Paul today and placed an order for their Skyhawk kit - anyone recieved theirs yet? Downloaded the pdf manual and the kit looks great! Will have it medio May.

For those who have this kit in hand - any tips re. construction is most appreciated altough the manual seem to cover it all.
What powersystems/levels are you guys opting for?

I'll be using a Schubeler DS51-3ph and Kontronik FUN500-21 on 14-16cells as I have had the Schubi on order for a while but the intended application (own design molded project) have been downgraded due to timeconstraints.

Now I just have to wait......................
Haldor is offline Find More Posts by Haldor
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 10, 2002, 07:44 AM
FoamyFactory.com
USA, TX, Fort Worth
Joined Nov 2001
4,344 Posts
Re: Jepe A4 Skyhawk

Quote:
Originally posted by Haldor
Now I just have to wait......................
...and wait, and wait, and wait... Hi Haldor, glad to hear you ordered the Skyhawk. I ordered my A-10 Feb. 10th and it's still not here. Hopefully his supplier issues have been worked out and you will not have to wait as long as those who ordered then. There have been a couple of people who ordered around the same time I did and have not received thier kits yet. I am curious to know If any Skyhawks have made it to the states as of yet. your setup should rock! If it does better than the prototype on his video, then it will be one fast bird!

Tim H.
Tim H. is offline Find More Posts by Tim H.
Old Apr 10, 2002, 08:46 AM
Col.Hooligan Air Force
Phoenix,Arizona
Joined Jul 2001
1,205 Posts
we wait

Hi all
Paid for an A4 on Feb 27, still waiting........ last word I was E-mailed would ship March 27... told need a stator part from MR Nuno . have e-mailed no responce.

De Ja Vo , all over again

Joe
Bugs rule
uncljoe is offline Find More Posts by uncljoe
Old Apr 10, 2002, 09:13 AM
EDF Head
Stavanger, Norway
Joined Feb 2000
7,999 Posts
Regarding the wait I am only recieving the kit, no fan nor motor so Jean-Paul said he would have it ready for shipment when he returned from Dortmund (21th April) I understand that the main hold up is the fan/motor assy's so I cross my fingers that the wait will be fair.

I'd liked to have it yesterday though
Old Apr 10, 2002, 09:34 AM
Flying Welder Pilot
Reno, Nevada
Joined Jan 2001
1,137 Posts
Sounds more like Haldor is going to have a Schubi fan burning a hole in his pocket. And he needs a plane to put it in.

Seriously..After looking at the video clips and instructions on Jepe's website. I have the same urges. Very nice looking kit. I like how clean the duct work is going up to the fan. I also liked the unique launching system with the wheels Jean Paul uses to launch the A4. No pedal launcher to haul out tho the field.

So Haldor what are you going to do to take your mind off the wait?

Gordon
Plane Crazy is offline Find More Posts by Plane Crazy
Old Apr 10, 2002, 10:10 AM
stonington , conn....usa
Joined Sep 2001
175 Posts
a4

okay....who's putting the gyro on the tail like jepe has? The one in the video is equipped with one and sure seemed stable,he mentioned it wagged alot without it in wind.
I ordered the 3wind spider also and I think thats holding up shipment...i'd rather build the plane and wait on the fan assy etc,but oh well.....I have a schubler also in case that thing ever has probs.
like Haldor now,only the wait to see remains
Bruce
Brucejay34 is offline Find More Posts by Brucejay34
Old Apr 10, 2002, 11:33 AM
EDF Jet Jam May 2014
United States, KY, Crestview Hills
Joined Dec 2000
6,512 Posts
JEPE

I can personally attest that Jepe is a very reputable individual.
When I ordered my first kit, the F-16 he told me it would be 6 months and I was glad I waited.

I know also at times that he has had trouble with suppliers, causing delay.

I know that eveyone will be very pleased with his products.
I spoke with him Monday and he is waiting for rotors for the spider fan assembly. If you want the conventional Jepe DF 90
he can probably ship those now.

I too am waiting for the A-4 but it will be worth the wait!

Please keep in mind that he is a very small operation and can only produce a limited amount each month.

Check out the wheeled bungee he uses, very compact and simple to use.
Robert Belluomini is offline Find More Posts by Robert Belluomini
Old Apr 10, 2002, 01:33 PM
H301 Libelle Pilot
Oceanside, California
Joined Sep 2000
1,249 Posts
I actually ordered two A-4's with fans (no motors- will use Pletti's) and some dogfighters to be used as packing material a couple of weeks ago. The extra one is for the Evil Doctor. No rush as I need to finish the Schreiner/Schuebeler/22-cell F-86 first. I'm still waiting on the fan from Daniel (sometime in May according to Dieter), and some special ducting that I have located. The good stuff is always worth the wait, and I have an Airworld/Schuebeler/22-cell F9F to fly in the interim.
Dr. Jet is offline Find More Posts by Dr. Jet
Old Apr 10, 2002, 01:42 PM
FoamyFactory.com
USA, TX, Fort Worth
Joined Nov 2001
4,344 Posts
Oh yes, I agree with everyone on the good stuff is worth the wait! I realy didn't mean to open a can of worms or anything. Jepe stuff is TOP NOTCH! I'd wait another 6 months if I had to...especialy knowing he isn't going to produce any more A-10's.

Tim H.
Tim H. is offline Find More Posts by Tim H.
Old Apr 10, 2002, 01:44 PM
Col.Hooligan Air Force
Phoenix,Arizona
Joined Jul 2001
1,205 Posts
I understand it will be worth the wait
Dr Jet
FWIW I just powered
up a Schubeler F/A 18 with 2 of the schube/hp 220/550b 2/ 20 cell packs the product works as advertised Outstanding
fish scale pull tests excess of 10 pounds of pull for 1.25 mins down to 6 # @ 2,8 mins

Bugs Rule
Joe
uncljoe is offline Find More Posts by uncljoe
Last edited by uncljoe; Apr 10, 2002 at 01:47 PM.
Old Apr 10, 2002, 01:56 PM
It wasn't me...
Trabuco Canyon, CA
Joined Nov 2000
4,566 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Dr. Jet
...I have an Airworld/Schuebeler/22-cell F9F to fly in the interim.
You'll like flying an A-4. It's a good, solid airplane. Just don't stall it close to the ground. (Don't ask me how I know)

Speaking of flying your F9F, will you be flying it this weekend at the Best in the West? Daren and I will be there Saturday and Sunday.

Dan
DanSavage is offline Find More Posts by DanSavage
Old Apr 10, 2002, 08:11 PM
H301 Libelle Pilot
Oceanside, California
Joined Sep 2000
1,249 Posts
I'm giving serious consideration to making it up there on Sunday. I really like flying the F9F. It tracks like it is on rails and slows down nicely for landing without dropping a wing. Low speed passes at flight idle are still around 60 or 50 mph straight and level. Plus, it has plenty of power and it scoots too.

I know all about A-4's . I have one of the little speed demons from Australia. It does not like to fly slow. It needs a new paint job and re-installation of the motor/fan/radio to be airworthy again. I flew it on the "old" 1250's, I think I'll use CP1300's this time around and shave some weight. It will be a while before this one is ready again, it seems I'm too busy with other projects. By the way, the ducting for the F-86 arrived today, and my motor and speed control showed up last week.
Last edited by Dr. Jet; Apr 10, 2002 at 08:14 PM.
Old Apr 10, 2002, 11:00 PM
It wasn't me...
Trabuco Canyon, CA
Joined Nov 2000
4,566 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Dr. Jet
I'm giving serious consideration to making it up there on Sunday. I really like flying the F9F. It tracks like it is on rails and slows down nicely for landing without dropping a wing. Low speed passes at flight idle are still around 60 or 50 mph straight and level. Plus, it has plenty of power and it scoots too.
Bring it along and we'll save you a spot. I'm not sure if you know it, but there is grass on the far side of the runway that can be used instead of the asphalt to land the belly floppers. It runs the entire length of the runway.

Dan
DanSavage is offline Find More Posts by DanSavage
Old Apr 11, 2002, 07:20 AM
H301 Libelle Pilot
Oceanside, California
Joined Sep 2000
1,249 Posts
Grass is good, but remember, my F9F is equipped with music wire skids for landing on our 80 grit runway. Will there be a spot to set up the bungees? I can't imagine pounding the "bungee ground steak" into a concrete or asphalt runway.
Old Apr 11, 2002, 09:05 AM
EDF Head
Stavanger, Norway
Joined Feb 2000
7,999 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Plane Crazy
Sounds more like Haldor is going to have a Schubi fan burning a hole in his pocket. And he needs a plane to put it in.

So Haldor what are you going to do to take your mind off the wait?
Gordon - thats about right - I do have the F16 project waiting but for the next 6months I doubt I'll be able do much about it. I have enough as it is
So since my birthday is coming up soon and my parents get friends over from Germany I thought I'd take advantage of that situation.

The A4 proto is flying at 2050g AUW, 16x2400cells and ~560W => 120W/pound. Jean-Paul said it needed 600W to perform jetlike. With my Schubi setup I'd probably be lighter (15-16 CP1700's) and have more power, 750-850W => 170W/pound. It cost me runtime though but I can live with that.

The ducting will probably need a little rework to fit snuggly on the Schubi other than that the change shouldnt represent much trouble. Also ordered the Jepe bungee system which I'll use on my E-Bandit aswell as I think my current bungee is a little weak.

So while I wait I'll finish a couple of models I've sold, get the MiG29 contest legal and finish a representation of it. 36hrs/day plz....