SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old May 10, 2005, 06:27 PM
Denver, CO
Joined Jan 2005
545 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by varmato
Honestly the manual from Saito kinda sucks on their engines and it leaves a couple of obvious things out for those new to four strokes like myself. The break in description is good, but what each screw/part does is not entirely described, hence my original question.
http://saito-engines.info is much better than the manual.
tridim is offline Find More Posts by tridim
to remove ads between posts
Old May 11, 2005, 08:39 AM
USA, TX, Trophy Club
Joined May 2002
14,479 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by varmato
So then is then crankcase vent the same as what pumps ask you to tap into a 2 stroke backplate, like the Perry pump design? In other words - hooking up a Perry pump is a no brainer with a Saito given that it already has the tap? Do OS 4 strokes have this vent as well?
Yes OS has them too. look here on page 8.
http://www.osengines.com/manuals/fs-26s-40s-manual.pdf

Two strokes use the vaccuum of the case to suck fuel and air into the chamber. They perry pumps use the positive and negative pressure bursts to run a piston and provide further pressurization.

I have never used a third party pump on a 4 stroke. But OS and YS both use them on production engines with great success.

Mike
pda4you is offline Find More Posts by pda4you
RCG Plus Member
Old May 11, 2005, 09:15 AM
S.A.D. member
United States, TX, Round Rock
Joined Dec 2004
9,392 Posts
On the OS FS70II and FS91II the crankcase vent is connected via a tubing to a nipple on the intake manifold, so all the "mess" goes back into the engine. In fact it's sucked thus improving engine lubrication.
ivanc is offline Find More Posts by ivanc
RCG Plus Member
Old May 11, 2005, 05:02 PM
The reviewer
Tokoroa
Joined Mar 2004
3,827 Posts
The HP VT series four-strokes have an even more interesting lubrication system. They have a nipple on the muffler which is used to trap and route oil from exhaust into the moving bits in the head.

Because this engine's top-end is reliant on this oil for proper lubrication, you have to use castor oil -- synthetic simply burns up and produces no exhaust residue.

It's a cunning idea and seems to work very well. I've got quite a few hours on my VT21 now and desite the fact that it's a rotary-valve engine, there's no wear to speak of in the head area.
XJet is offline Find More Posts by XJet
Old May 12, 2005, 02:32 AM
QLD, Australia
Joined Sep 2003
1,550 Posts
If you hook a perry pump to the oil drain nipple , the oil will have no were to go, it will build up , first slowing the motor and makeing starting difficult.
the oil needs to drain!!!
Stewart
clipclop is offline Find More Posts by clipclop