SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old May 07, 2005, 08:33 AM
Joined Aug 2004
5 Posts
Teacher / student (FX-18 / Pico Line) help

Hello.

I was wondering if anyone here has already made teacher/student connection with transmitter FX-18 and Pico Line. I've made myne like that:

but it isn't working. So why isn't this working?

Andrej
Vombat is offline Find More Posts by Vombat
to remove ads between posts
Old May 07, 2005, 06:07 PM
smoking a buddy box
Brussels
Joined Nov 2002
419 Posts
Hi,

Did you check the position of the switch trainer-student INSIDE the transmitter as mentioned in the manual page 11? It should be set to "trainer" of course, and NOT on "STU". Please confirm this.
By the way, do not forget to re-assign the channels inside the Multiplex Cockpit by swiching the connectors from sticks to main circuit board in such a way to obtain the same channel assignment as the Robbe/Futaba (but I suppose you already read that in chapter !, paragraph 1.6)

Olivier
http://users.belgacom.net/TX2TX : buddy box compatibility problems between different brands of rc-transmitters
olivier2 is offline Find More Posts by olivier2
Old May 08, 2005, 05:40 AM
Midlands, UK
Joined Jun 2004
1,337 Posts
Also consider connecting pin 3 & 5 at the MPX connector to prevent it transmitting. Not sure whether this Tx always emits the PPM stream without this connection.

I have had some trouble with the Tx roles reversed, when the Futaba Tx didn't have enough drive ability to feed the MPX.
--
Steve
GlowFly is offline Find More Posts by GlowFly
Old May 08, 2005, 10:09 AM
Joined Aug 2004
5 Posts
Hi Olivier

Unfurtantly i had switch switched to Trainer. I also had an external switch connected (see picture down).

And all the channels and sticks are working the same. In the Manual of the Pico Line I read that this transmitter can only be used as student, if the teachers transmitters are mc 4000, 3030, 3010, 2010... but no other brands. Well I still hope that it can be done by other transmitters too.

Steve, I don't have 3 and 5 connected. I did have it before when I was using Pico line with simulator but now not. I'll try to connect it and then report.

Andrej from Slovenija
Vombat is offline Find More Posts by Vombat