Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old May 05, 2005, 09:35 PM
Clintwood, Virginia
Joined Jul 2003
1,146 Posts
Good looking new camera from Casio:

The exz750 looks promising. Same CCD as the sony p150/200 and Nikon 7900.
5.8oz with batteries (EDIT qualcity's cam is showing 5.2oz loaded nice!)
full manual capable
video out (might only be available through a dock though!)
640X480video 30fps
1.1fps continuous drive
selectable iso 50-400

Anyone out there feel like buying me one?

http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/spec...sio_exz750.asp
http://www.digitalcamerainfo.com/con...im-EX-Z750.htm

Newberry is offline Find More Posts by Newberry
Last edited by Newberry; May 07, 2005 at 07:13 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old May 05, 2005, 09:51 PM
WHOHH..You See That??
Aurora, Colorado
Joined Jan 2005
1,761 Posts
Hey Newberry,

Yea, I just got one yesterday (Costco $399.99). Pretty sweet. The video out is throught the dock ONLY though. I'm sure someone will hack a solution sometime soon though. You can turn the sleep function (standby) completely off but cannot disable the auto shutoff function (2 or 5 min). It does have a ton of features though, plus the small size and good weight for AP. I am going to stick with my G3 Mini on the SS for awhile till the newness of the camera wears off and I get a little better with the plane B4 I send it up. Did I mention it will shoot 640X480 30fps Video w/ sound. It also has a sporty mode that will let you take 3 picts at .5 sec intervals every time you push the button. Anyway, if you have any questions about it, let me know and I will try to answer.

Regards,

Qualcity
qualcity is offline Find More Posts by qualcity
Old May 06, 2005, 01:46 AM
Joined Dec 2004
15 Posts
Try this. New AV cable . Not sure whether already in the shop

http://www.casio.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=Products.Detail&product=EMC-2A#

Audio/Video Cable for the EX-Z750

Works with the following models:

EX-Z750 |
zracer is offline Find More Posts by zracer
Old May 06, 2005, 05:57 AM
Clintwood, Virginia
Joined Jul 2003
1,146 Posts
Great Qualcity, keep us informed on how it works out. I'm hoping for the ability to set the shutter to 1/350 of a second (shutter priority) and let the cam figure the aperture, -.03EV, infinity focus, and continuous drive. If it will do that, and still shoot some good detailed 7mp shots, I may just have to pony up some funds soon!
Old May 06, 2005, 09:01 AM
WHOHH..You See That??
Aurora, Colorado
Joined Jan 2005
1,761 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zracer
Try this. New AV cable . Not sure whether already in the shop

http://www.casio.com/index.cfm?fusea...roduct=EMC-2A#

Audio/Video Cable for the EX-Z750

Works with the following models:

EX-Z750 |
This is the cable that goes to the dock. It will not fit the camera. Someone needs to make an AV cable that goes in the connection the camera uses for the dock. I would, but I am not that bright.

Qual
Old May 06, 2005, 09:06 AM
WHOHH..You See That??
Aurora, Colorado
Joined Jan 2005
1,761 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newberry
Great Qualcity, keep us informed on how it works out. I'm hoping for the ability to set the shutter to 1/350 of a second (shutter priority) and let the cam figure the aperture, -.03EV, infinity focus, and continuous drive. If it will do that, and still shoot some good detailed 7mp shots, I may just have to pony up some funds soon!
Hey Newberry,
I am planning to set the focus manually to infinity, set it to sports mode (fast shutter) and let it go. I will let you all know how it goes, it will be awhile though. Have to fab a new mount and get use to the camera/ plane.

Qual
Old May 06, 2005, 10:29 AM
Clintwood, Virginia
Joined Jul 2003
1,146 Posts
Have you got an actual ready to go weight on it Qualcity?
Old May 06, 2005, 11:27 AM
WHOHH..You See That??
Aurora, Colorado
Joined Jan 2005
1,761 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newberry
Have you got an actual ready to go weight on it Qualcity?
I don't have a mount for it yet, but the camera weighs 4.7oz w/o the battery, 5.2oz with the battery. I am hopeful that the mount will com in less than 2oz (I am thinking aluminum), but haven't made up my mind yet. I want to protect this baby as much as possible, which will add to the weight too. I will update as they become available.
Old May 06, 2005, 12:08 PM
I crash, therefore I FLY!
Spring Hill, FL
Joined Feb 2003
1,489 Posts
I'll be using 4mm coroplast and FFF as "armor plating" on my cameral mount.

Mike S.
Spring Hill, FL
mad mike is offline Find More Posts by mad mike
Old May 06, 2005, 01:15 PM
WHOHH..You See That??
Aurora, Colorado
Joined Jan 2005
1,761 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mad mike
I'll be using 4mm coroplast and FFF as "armor plating" on my cameral mount.

Mike S.
Spring Hill, FL
Hey Mike,
Any details or specs on how you are going to do that with the choro? I am interested in your ideas.

Qualcity
Old May 06, 2005, 03:05 PM
Spring Hill, FL
Joined Feb 2003
1,489 Posts
It's going to be a while before I get a build thread up, but mine is a ZANP ship, a Zagnutz-based design. The camera mount is a forward-looking, rotating one, sitting in a center pod in the wing.

I've gotten my ideas for this model primarily from CenTexFlyer and the build threads by Talontsi96.

The actual rotating camera mount comes from SoarNeck's Boxer thread.

Although I did use some coroplast (and sturdyboard) on the mount, itself, there will be a layer of FFF in front of the camera, the center pod skin, and an additional layer of the 4 mil coroplast on the outside of the center pod. (The latter not show in the pics, below.)

I'll do a build thread later on, as well as posting a "how-to" section on a web site, when time permits. But for now, check out those above links, and I'll attach a pic of the mount, along with another pic of the mount just sitting in the center pod.

Mike S.
Spring Hill, FL
Old May 08, 2005, 02:47 AM
WHOHH..You See That??
Aurora, Colorado
Joined Jan 2005
1,761 Posts
OK, my bad, upon actually reading the description, it appears that this cable WILL actually read directly from the camera. COOLIE!! It still has to feed from the bottom though.

Qual

Quote:
Originally Posted by qualcity
This is the cable that goes to the dock. It will not fit the camera. Someone needs to make an AV cable that goes in the connection the camera uses for the dock. I would, but I am not that bright.

Qual
Old May 08, 2005, 02:50 AM
WHOHH..You See That??
Aurora, Colorado
Joined Jan 2005
1,761 Posts
Hey Mad mike,

Thanks for the picts!! Gives me inspiration!!

Qual

Quote:
Originally Posted by mad mike
It's going to be a while before I get a build thread up, but mine is a ZANP ship, a Zagnutz-based design. The camera mount is a forward-looking, rotating one, sitting in a center pod in the wing.

I've gotten my ideas for this model primarily from CenTexFlyer and the build threads by Talontsi96.

The actual rotating camera mount comes from SoarNeck's Boxer thread.

Although I did use some coroplast (and sturdyboard) on the mount, itself, there will be a layer of FFF in front of the camera, the center pod skin, and an additional layer of the 4 mil coroplast on the outside of the center pod. (The latter not show in the pics, below.)

I'll do a build thread later on, as well as posting a "how-to" section on a web site, when time permits. But for now, check out those above links, and I'll attach a pic of the mount, along with another pic of the mount just sitting in the center pod.

Mike S.
Spring Hill, FL
Old May 08, 2005, 08:58 AM
Spring Hill, FL
Joined Feb 2003
1,489 Posts
Good luck with your project! You'll find all kinds of help right here on the Forum, too. Just about every time I think I need to develop something "new," a forum search usually shows where someone else has already been there, done that.

Mike S.
Old May 08, 2005, 04:27 PM
HeliAP'er!
Surrey, UK
Joined Aug 2003
8,193 Posts
Well if you're interested I've been doing an insane amount of research into this camera and I've found tons of useful info on it. Check out these links:

Discussion forums covering it:

http://www.dcresource.com/forums/sho...1175#post31175
http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/re...hread=12968984
http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...97&forum_id=14

Sample photo archive (these sample photos and videos have sold this camera to me):

http://ethots.com/gallery/index.php

Official sites:

http://www.exilim.co.uk/exilimzoom/exz750/
http://world.casio.com/exilim/en/ex_z750/ (includes a few great photos and movies)
http://www.casio-europe.com/euro/dc/exilim/exz750/

I've been researching pretty much all day and I think I'll definitely be going ahead with this camera - the photos are very good, the video is flippin'-well digital camcorder quality (!!), the price is acceptable, it weighs 147g all up including the battery, and its immense range of features will make it a great general-use as well as an AP camera. I look forward to seeing aerial photos from those of you who have this camera! I've yet to build my AP-platform for it, so it'll be a while before it's snapping things from the air ...

(Click to enlarge)

Edit: Lol, I can't believe I didn't find that digitalcamerainfo.com OR dpreview.com site as first posted by Newberry in all my research!!
Hogster is offline Find More Posts by Hogster
Last edited by Hogster; May 08, 2005 at 04:37 PM.