HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 23, 2005, 02:21 AM
I can drift a heli
USA, CA, Sacramento
Joined Mar 2005
2,365 Posts
Well I went back to the IPS drive and it seems powerful enough. This is now my favorite plane!

After many repairs to the wings from hitting trees and the ground the wings are now pretty much parallel to the ground. The wings no longer angle up. Is this going to effect how the plane flys?

I'm thinking that the angle of the wings allow for easier flying. But since I have alot of experience with the plane now it shouldn't be an issue. Guess I'll find out when I go fly it again.
maarset is online now Find More Posts by maarset
Last edited by maarset; Jun 23, 2005 at 03:03 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 26, 2005, 08:02 PM
Pickin' an a Flyin'
United States, TN, Knoxville
Joined Apr 2004
1,917 Posts
Dihedral will aid you in rudder-only turning. Try to put some more dihedral back in
Wufnu is offline Find More Posts by Wufnu
Old Jun 27, 2005, 10:03 AM
Confused? Who, me?
United Kingdom, England, North York
Joined Jan 2005
4,790 Posts
If you run bracing threads from the top of the cabane struts (the ones by the cockpit) out to the bottom of the interplane struts and tighten them up you'll pull some dihedral into the bottom wing which will then push (through the struts) the same amount of dihedral into the upper wings. I read this tip for two of my other bipes made by A Company We Won't Mention Here and it worked great. Bracing threads/wires will also make your Moth a tad more robust if you really have to go flying into stuff!

I'm with Wufnu on this. Before I put some dihedral into them both my unmentionables (well actually Jenny and Scout) were real pigs in a turn and would side-slip away. Now the Jenny is OK and the other (also with bashed up wings) is, if not good, at least keeping out of the trash can which is where it had been headed. Give me more slowfly bipes Mr Lin!
Roger Lombard is offline Find More Posts by Roger Lombard