Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old May 04, 2005, 08:15 AM
Joined Apr 2005
29 Posts
thinking of going seprats on my dragonfly#4 help wonted

as i dont under stand all this
can sumone put it in english as to what i will need whear to get it in uk or uther

the dragonfly# 4 is the 2005 vershion and came with a 6 chanel transmiter so will i still be abul to yous this, the heli is 4 chanel fp
brushles moters or brushed ? witch is best

only going this way as semms to be cheper to repaer in long run ?
and better fo fly/learn with
can you help please
regards david

ps lets not go in to the speeling thig again
davidb1 is offline Find More Posts by davidb1
to remove ads between posts
Old May 04, 2005, 09:12 AM
Multi rotors and foamy planks
Bedford, UK
Joined Dec 2004
752 Posts
David,

Check all this out, should help a little

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=355881

Biffa.
Biffa is offline Find More Posts by Biffa
Old May 04, 2005, 05:06 PM
West Sussex, UK.
Joined Mar 2005
245 Posts
Your Dragonfly is only 4 channel and the radio gear is not compatible with any other make it would seem (I know I have the same helicopter!) Going separates will not make a bit if difference to you learning to fly and will cost you at least twice the initial cost of your complete helicopter as you will have to be I new transmitter. Not becusae there is not eneough channels but because it won't work with Walkera receivers (nothing does!)

My advice would be to stick with the standard 4 in 1 replace the standard servos with 2 half decent ones, put a heatsink on the tail motor make a hole in the top of the canopy the size of a ten pence (main motor cooling) and when you get on to forward flight make your self some blade springs. Just do a search on threads for 'death wobble' if you haven't done so already.
Shortarse_Yoda is offline Find More Posts by Shortarse_Yoda