Bengtson is offline Find More Posts by Bengtson
Last edited by Bengtson; Sep 28, 2006 at 04:30 PM. Reason: OBSOLETE POST
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 08, 2002, 10:17 PM
TN
Joined Feb 2001
163 Posts
Bengtson,

Thanks a million for the great plans on your site. I've downloaded a bunch of them and plan to build the Bellanca
Scout for a mini-rc plane soon. Actually, the thought has crossed my mind more than once to make it a glider tow aircraft and built the T2 glider from the Stahl plans on the Plans Page. Right now, I'm just finishing a RCB MicroBipe and have a Herr Pitts kit to build next. I've always liked peanut scale and enjoy the plans on yours and D. Livesay's site. There's something special about micro scale planes.

Your site's one I visit often. Keep 'em coming and THANKS AGAIN.
Frank is offline Find More Posts by Frank
Last edited by Frank; Apr 09, 2002 at 01:53 PM.
Old Apr 09, 2002, 12:12 PM
Newmarket, Ont., Canada
Joined Nov 2001
28 Posts
Thanks for the downloads

Bengtson

You have a very nice fleet of aircraft.... I downloaded the Zero and will try one out...

Thanks and you do great work.....Hope mine turns out like yours...
Ace Bishop is offline Find More Posts by Ace Bishop
Old Apr 10, 2002, 02:58 AM
Our Daddy and Heli Junkie
In Heli Wonderland
Joined Aug 1999
22,803 Posts
And who says nothing is free anymore!

That is what is great about this Hobby!!!!!
Fred Bronk is offline Find More Posts by Fred Bronk
Old Apr 10, 2002, 11:45 AM
Designing on the edge
United States, OR, Portland
Joined Mar 2001
1,530 Posts
Thanks guys for the comments. I am happy to do this.
BTW, I fixed these links:

Bristol Brownie
Cunningham-Hall
Curtiss Carrier Pigeon
Lockheed Air Express
Luton Minor
Mitsubishi Claude 18"ws
Old Apr 10, 2002, 08:48 PM
S. Calif
Joined Mar 2000
1,409 Posts
Thanks Kurt
I downloaded the Hanriot HD-1. Then I set the copier on 200% and ran the 4 sheets through. Ended up with 8 11x17 sheets to tape together that makes up the plan for a great little 35" wing span WW I bipe that should be just about right for a geared sp 400. Ain't technology wonderful?
Gerry
Gerry Markgraf is offline Find More Posts by Gerry Markgraf
Old Apr 10, 2002, 09:41 PM
Designing on the edge
Joined Mar 2001
1,530 Posts
Gerry,
The Hanriot HD-1 is one of my favorites. I have it in Autocad and am working on a ~36" size as well. Speed 400. It may be a good kit subject with new wing airfoil and some other mods. I have a found few photos that help in this plan as the top wing attachment is rather unusual. Look in
http://members.shaw.ca/flyingaces/archive1.htm and this Nungesser's HD-1http://204.83.160.230/archive/images7/HD1nungesser.jpg
Old Apr 11, 2002, 01:11 AM
S. Calif
Joined Mar 2000
1,409 Posts
Thanks Kurt
I was thinking of Nungesser's HD-1. I sure you know the original is hanging in Ed Maloney's musuem about 30 min from my house. Its been there as long as I can remember. That site you gave me with the WW I photos is teriffic. Sure wish I had joined Cross and Cockade years ago. I have 1-2 of their Journals and looks like I missed out on a lot of good stuff. Any thoughts on modifying the airfoil of the HD-1? I won't start it soon as I'm all primed to start the Bristol Scout. However, I would be interested in some of the design philosophy you and Peter use to modify some of these older rubber plans.
Gerry
Gerry Markgraf is offline Find More Posts by Gerry Markgraf
Old Apr 11, 2002, 03:04 PM
Moriches,NY,USA
Joined Mar 2000
23 Posts
I downloaded a plan this will help me a lot!!! Thanks Ken
longbow is offline Find More Posts by longbow
Old Apr 11, 2002, 05:45 PM
Joined Mar 2002
631 Posts
thanks ken!!! i d/l a hellcat

plan, took it to kinkos, now i have a 25" hellcat plan;

this will be better than the 50 guillows kit that has maple instead of balsa;

jeff
burgan is offline Find More Posts by burgan
Old Apr 11, 2002, 06:30 PM
Norfolk, England
Joined Sep 2001
7,759 Posts
Have I missed something here? Who the h**l is Ken?
Gerry,
Kurt is the man to ask about converting rubber models. My design philosophy is simple, I cheat. All my models are really the same one, they just look different.

Kurt,
Looks as if I'd better send those peanut plans. Not to worry, there's only 50 or so.

Pete
PETERRAKE is offline Find More Posts by PETERRAKE
Old Apr 11, 2002, 06:39 PM
Joined Mar 2002
631 Posts
thanks KURT!!!!!

somehow ken is getting credit he doesn't deserve;

sorry for the mistake,

jeff
burgan is offline Find More Posts by burgan
Old Apr 11, 2002, 07:14 PM
Norfolk, England
Joined Sep 2001
7,759 Posts
Thank goodness for that! I was beginning to think I'd missed something vital.

Pete
PETERRAKE is offline Find More Posts by PETERRAKE
Old Apr 11, 2002, 07:22 PM
Designing on the edge
Joined Mar 2001
1,530 Posts
Pete,
OK, send them and I'll post them, I get 350 hits a day for these plans!
Old Apr 11, 2002, 08:40 PM
TN
Joined Feb 2001
163 Posts
I may be telling something that most already know here but, from the comments I read about plans, it looks like many have trouble printing them from pdf files.

All you have to do to re-assemble them into complete plans is to open the file for your plane, go to TOOLS on the pdf reader, SELECT GRAPHICS then, one at the time for each page, under the EDIT menu, SELECT ALL then COPY. In a new window, open up your photo editing progam (I use Photoshop LE), start a NEW file, make the size about 25" wide by 18" high, 72dpi resolution and, from the EDIT menu, select PASTE. Page one will appear. Go back to the pdf reader, repeat the sequence for each page and import each one into your photo editor. I set the opacity for each new layer at 50% to help me move it to match up with the previous page then go back to 100% opacity. When you have all layers (pages) lined up, FLATTEN the image and save it with the name of the plane as a TIFF file. It's easy to re-size or manipulate TIFF files for any size plane you want. I also crop the image to just the size of the plan and change it to GRAYSCALE mode to make a smaller file.

IF your printer is a standard 8.5" width, select a portion of your plan that will fit the 8.5 width and save it as a separate file. Use paper long enough to hold the full length of your selection and print. I get my paper at an art supply house.
Frank is offline Find More Posts by Frank
Last edited by Frank; Apr 12, 2002 at 08:50 PM.