SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 18, 2010, 11:41 PM
North Richland Hills, Texas USA
Joined Aug 2000
1,884 Posts
New Mighty Fine Burger Airship/Cedar Park Texas

Just received and set up this Saturday the new Mighty Fine Burger Airship built by Mobile Airships. Ship is 10 foot in diameter and about 6 foot tall. This season the vehicle will be flown 3 times each game for 45 games so she still has many sorties to complete before she is put back in her box. Ship is flown in the Cedar Park Arena by Over-The-Top Airship Advertising (thats me!) by a local pilot hired to do the job. I will be dropping in occassionally as I am in the Ft Worth/Dallas Area and work three airships out of the American Airlines Arena in Dallas Texas for the Dallas Stars Hockey team and the Dallas Mavericks basketball organization. For us this time of the year is a mad house and we can be working as many as five games a week and occassionally two games in one day. The new ship still needs fine tuning but we managed six sorties as scheduled without killing anyone so I guess we are doing our thing as advertised. There are five pilots and two hostlers working out of the AAC and another pilot and hostler working out of Cedar Park/Austin Texas. Its a hoot, a pain, and a pleasure all at one time. Yes we get paid to play and stay busy over the length of the season from September to April. Then I take a few months off. We still do an occassional fair, baseball game or exhibition with several other balloons I have available. Have fun all! ed
Ed Couch is online now Find More Posts by Ed Couch
Last edited by Ed Couch; Oct 18, 2010 at 11:47 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 20, 2010, 12:00 AM
Whats a search engine?
Missouri
Joined Jun 2006
886 Posts
Looks Yummy Ed !
inventing_man is offline Find More Posts by inventing_man
Old Oct 21, 2010, 08:05 PM
Marcus Franco
USA, HI, Makawao
Joined Jul 2004
2,887 Posts
Aviators Day celebration Ball Dance party 2010
A celebration held every year in october in memory of Santos Dumont
A Brazilian who first flew a heavier than air in Europe October 26 1906...

Santos Dumont also flew many dirigibles, blimps and balloons since early 1900...

Baile do Aviador 2010.mov (4 min 33 sec)

Baile do Aviador 2010... (4 min 33 sec)

Guga is offline Find More Posts by Guga
Old Oct 21, 2010, 08:15 PM
BANG IT!!!
United States, PA, Bellefonte
Joined Dec 2007
12,506 Posts
As always, great stuff Guga, cool video, great music and fun.

Thanks for posting!
Ron
DaOldGuy is online now Find More Posts by DaOldGuy
Old Oct 22, 2010, 12:12 AM
Joined Apr 2010
117 Posts
Hi Guga,

Cool videos thanks for posting.

I can see you have added tail motor in your blimp. Is it the new modification?

BlimpguyG
BlimpGuyG is offline Find More Posts by BlimpGuyG
Old Oct 22, 2010, 04:52 AM
Marcus Franco
USA, HI, Makawao
Joined Jul 2004
2,887 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlimpGuyG View Post
Hi Guga,

Cool videos thanks for posting.

I can see you have added tail motor in your blimp. Is it the new modification?

BlimpguyG
Hi BlimpGuyg...
I have the 2 options with tail rottor or without...
For more precise aiming with the camera I use this type of gondola...
see the video...

3 Motors Gondola and Tail Rotor.mkv (3 min 9 sec)

Old Oct 25, 2010, 12:39 AM
Joined Apr 2010
117 Posts
Guga,

Nice setup & thanks for sharing. Do you use contra rotating props on tail or there are two props spinning in one direction?

Thanks,

BlimpGuyG
Old Oct 25, 2010, 06:11 AM
Marcus Franco
USA, HI, Makawao
Joined Jul 2004
2,887 Posts
Quote:
Guga,
Nice setup & thanks for sharing. Do you use contra rotating props on tail or there are two props spinning in one direction?
Thanks,
BlimpGuyG
The props rotate in the same shaft in the same direction...
Old Oct 25, 2010, 08:37 AM
Joined Apr 2010
117 Posts
Thanks Guga,

Any reason for two props?

BlimpGuyG
Old Oct 25, 2010, 08:47 AM
Marcus Franco
USA, HI, Makawao
Joined Jul 2004
2,887 Posts
Quote:
Thanks Guga,

Any reason for two props?

BlimpGuyG
Yes there is a reason... smaller props since you´re using 2 props...
also you have at least one leading hedge of one of the props facing in both ways...
Better thrust in both ways...
Old Oct 25, 2010, 07:51 PM
Joined Jul 2006
81 Posts
Promotional activity in celebration of rodeo and the world's largest religious party, called Cirio de Nazare
Airship of 8 meters.
Rasec is offline Find More Posts by Rasec
Old Nov 06, 2010, 12:11 PM
rc blimp manufacturer
Switzerland, VD, Crans-près-Céligny
Joined Dec 2005
666 Posts
here is a small video of our autoumn test
a new video soon with a nice willage and may be if weather is ok next week a small city near geneva on Geneva lake..

low pass 6m.m4v (4 min 55 sec)
powerblimp is offline Find More Posts by powerblimp
Old Dec 10, 2010, 08:56 AM
Marcus Franco
USA, HI, Makawao
Joined Jul 2004
2,887 Posts
Just spent 7 days in Rio...

5 days to record de Xuxa Christmas Show...
that wil go on the air in National Broadcast december 24th by Globo TV in Brazil...

The other 2 days It went on air Live the Soccer Award of Brazil end of the year Show... featuring the best atletes and The Champ Cup celebration... the wining team was FLUMINENSE from Rio... "Prêmio Craque do Brasileirão 2010 - deu Fluminense"...

I used 2 Blimps to mmake the events and record images on video...

Christmas Xuxa Show recordind
Natal Xuxa 2010 (14 min 46 sec)

Test camera video...

Test Cam 1 (11 min 20 sec)

The Soccer Brazilian Awards...video

Prêmio Craque Brasileirão 2010 - O Fluminense recebe a taça de campeão! ► blog.futvideos.org (5 min 4 sec)

Old Dec 12, 2010, 07:49 PM
USA, CA, Thousand Oaks
Joined Feb 2010
1,817 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by powerblimp View Post
here is a small video of our autoumn test
a new video soon with a nice willage and may be if weather is ok next week a small city near geneva on Geneva lake..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYdme61waSY
Wow that was really quite good. Which GoPro did you use? I'm just curious it looked like it was 4x3 SD.

How big is the blimp that was carrying it? I had no idea that a blimp could be so nimble with such acceleration [you kept up with that truck pretty well].

I've been trying to figure out a cost effective way to do aerial photography with cameras like a GoPro or Canon t2i. I've tried RC helicopters, way to much vibration, instability, noise and cost and lately I've been looking at Quadcopters, potentially easier to fly, better stability, still a bit pricey and unless you can build your own won't carry enough payload and can still be rather pricey.

I had not really considered a blimp until watching your video. I thought its probably way too big and expensive until you caught it at the end of the video. I still don't know how big or expensive it is but its not as big as the Goodyear blimp

Did you build this yourself? Are their places to purchase "smaller" blimps from? [one that could easily carry a GoPro with the maneuverability that you demonstrated] Any advice on researching this would be greatly appreciated.
Av8Chuck is offline Find More Posts by Av8Chuck
Old Dec 13, 2010, 01:22 PM
Marcus Franco
USA, HI, Makawao
Joined Jul 2004
2,887 Posts
Hi Chuck,
The GoPro is a 4x3 SD
the Blimp is a 3 meter ...and I built it my self...
One more video from a different still angle...

Abertura.mkv (1 min 50 sec)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Av8Chuck View Post
Wow that was really quite good. Which GoPro did you use? I'm just curious it looked like it was 4x3 SD.

How big is the blimp that was carrying it? I had no idea that a blimp could be so nimble with such acceleration [you kept up with that truck pretty well].

I've been trying to figure out a cost effective way to do aerial photography with cameras like a GoPro or Canon t2i. I've tried RC helicopters, way to much vibration, instability, noise and cost and lately I've been looking at Quadcopters, potentially easier to fly, better stability, still a bit pricey and unless you can build your own won't carry enough payload and can still be rather pricey.

I had not really considered a blimp until watching your video. I thought its probably way too big and expensive until you caught it at the end of the video. I still don't know how big or expensive it is but its not as big as the Goodyear blimp

Did you build this yourself? Are their places to purchase "smaller" blimps from? [one that could easily carry a GoPro with the maneuverability that you demonstrated] Any advice on researching this would be greatly appreciated.