SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Mar 10, 2008, 05:46 PM
Dallas / Fort Worth Metro
Joined Oct 2002
250 Posts
D.C. is D.C. When they get close to figuring something out we will be ready.
galaxyrpv is offline Find More Posts by galaxyrpv
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 10, 2008, 07:27 PM
Blimpman
Joined Jul 2006
274 Posts
I see you have toned down your rhetoric.
No logo on the blimp, seems pointless, video footage for the network can be provided in many other ways.

From the pictures I can see many many problems!
Blimpman is offline Find More Posts by Blimpman
Old Mar 10, 2008, 10:37 PM
Joined Oct 2002
250 Posts
Well Blimpman, your reply does not surprise me. You think your substandard blimps set the standard, but your systems are way below par. Your construction is inadequate, your bags look like limp condoms, and your banners do not fit your blimps. And worst of all your proud of it!!!! We are working towards landing substantial clients and so far we have made huge splash with ESPN. I have investors that have put over a MILLION dollars toward my company, and our blimps. We have spent over a year and a half developing our 60ft blimp, and will continue to do so. I am so tired of reading your BS posts, and I am sure most of the people monitoring these threads will agree. It really does not matter what you say about me, my company, or about my blimps. I will let my achievements speak for them selves. If people have been looking at your moronic posts and asinine assumptions its clear you are delusional and are going no where real fast. I just hope you do not hurt any one in the process.

To everyone else,
I hope that most of you guys out there see how dangerous this guys is and what a threat he is to our future business. I hope anyone getting into this line of work does not fallow his example. My doors are always open to people who want to come by my shop and see our operations first hand. When we have secured a sponsor for the NHRA season I will be looking for people to join our team. We plan on building 2 more 75ft blimps to support our jobs, and I will soon need pilots and ground crews. When we are ready to start hiring I will post new threads on all the discussion groups. Look for the videos of the NHRA event we did in AZ coming soon. We are getting approval from the NHRA to post them.
Old Mar 11, 2008, 04:45 AM
rc blimp manufacturer
Switzerland, VD, Crans-près-Céligny
Joined Dec 2005
666 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by galaxyrpv
Well Blimpman, your reply does not surprise me. You think your substandard blimps set the standard, but your systems are way below par. Your construction is inadequate, your bags look like limp condoms, and your banners do not fit your blimps. And worst of all your proud of it!!!! We are working towards landing substantial clients and so far we have made huge splash with ESPN. I have investors that have put over a MILLION dollars toward my company, and our blimps. We have spent over a year and a half developing our 60ft blimp, and will continue to do so. I am so tired of reading your BS posts, and I am sure most of the people monitoring these threads will agree. It really does not matter what you say about me, my company, or about my blimps. I will let my achievements speak for them selves. If people have been looking at your moronic posts and asinine assumptions its clear you are delusional and are going no where real fast. I just hope you do not hurt any one in the process.

To everyone else,
I hope that most of you guys out there see how dangerous this guys is and what a threat he is to our future business. I hope anyone getting into this line of work does not fallow his example. My doors are always open to people who want to come by my shop and see our operations first hand. When we have secured a sponsor for the NHRA season I will be looking for people to join our team. We plan on building 2 more 75ft blimps to support our jobs, and I will soon need pilots and ground crews. When we are ready to start hiring I will post new threads on all the discussion groups. Look for the videos of the NHRA event we did in AZ coming soon. We are getting approval from the NHRA to post them.
i think some people are just jalous
galaxy you did nice job and it should push every one ffwd!
i really want to see aerial video!

just one remark do you plan to add blades protection?
it will never be certified in many countries..

best regards phil
powerblimp is offline Find More Posts by powerblimp
Old Mar 11, 2008, 09:18 AM
Blimpman
Joined Jul 2006
274 Posts
I guess I was wrong about toning down your rhetoric.
I would say unprotected props don't pose a danger.
Lets hope you don't kill anybody.
No landing gear makes for a very out of control on the mast situation.
Balloonets are not needed.
Multi bladed props are very inefficient you should know that.
Prop shaft angled down, stupid.
You can not transport your blimp very costly to fill every time you try to fly.
You can have all the investors you want if you have no clients you will have no $ to pay back your investors.
You have shown no achievements I have one 2 year contract and one 5 year contract what do you have?
I have already done TV with ABC.
I have not seen your blimp flying along side the Goodyear blimp at a nationally televised game.
I made a nice profit last year and I will double it this year.
All I can see from your post is a lot of wasted $.
I think I have said enough.
Last edited by Blimpman; Mar 11, 2008 at 11:06 AM.
Old Mar 11, 2008, 09:47 AM
Joined Oct 2002
250 Posts
Power blimp,
Yes, we are going to put shrouds around the props soon. The 60ft blimp is a prototype, and we could not live with the extra weight. Our new 75ft blimp will have enough lift so we can add allot more safety features. I am modeling my blimps after full size designs as much as I can. When the 75ft blimp is up and running the 60 footer is going to its new home at the University of Delaware. Right now we are designing a landing gear to support both blimp designs. It has to be light and very strong. One part of the blimp that was tested out on the first night in AZ was our mooring mast. At around 1 in the morning we had a pretty bad storm blow in with heavy rain (light winds and a 20% chance of rain was forecasted). The wind kicked up to 30 knots with gusts over 40 knots. The storm lasted about 30 minutes, but the mooring mast held and the blimp remain secured. Since the temperature dropped sharply the blimp started to get pretty soft. It was a real task trying to put air in the balloonetts in the driving rain. Eventuality I gave up and just pumped in more helium and added more weight to the blimp. After it tightened up it became more stable on the mast. That was a rough night. It would have sucked to lose the blimp on the first night!! We learned allot on that trip and are making several adjustments to the blimp and our equipment. We should have every thing down pat pretty soon.
Old Mar 11, 2008, 11:09 AM
rc blimp manufacturer
Joined Dec 2005
666 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blimpman
I guess I was wrong about toning down your rhetoric.
I would say unprotected props don't pose a danger.
Lets hope you don't kill anybody.
No landing gear makes for a very out of control on the mast situation.
Baloneys are not needed.
Multi bladed props are very inefficient you should know that.
Prop shaft angled down, stupid.
You can not transport your blimp very costly to fill every time you try to fly.
You can have all the investors you want if you have no clients you will have no $ to pay back your investors.
You have shown no achievements I have one 2 year contract and one 5 year contract what do you have?
I have already done TV with ABC.
I have not seen your blimp flying along side the Goodyear blimp at a nationally televised game.
I made a nice profit last year and I will double it this year.
All I can see from your post is a lot of wasted $.
I think I have said enough.
okay okay no bad thoughts

and if you like challanges see these 2 picts and tell me what you think...

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/attac...mentid=1678013

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/attac...mentid=1520023

any comments?
Old Mar 11, 2008, 11:17 AM
rc blimp manufacturer
Joined Dec 2005
666 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by galaxyrpv
Power blimp,
Yes, we are going to put shrouds around the props soon. The 60ft blimp is a prototype, and we could not live with the extra weight. Our new 75ft blimp will have enough lift so we can add allot more safety features. I am modeling my blimps after full size designs as much as I can. When the 75ft blimp is up and running the 60 footer is going to its new home at the University of Delaware. Right now we are designing a landing gear to support both blimp designs. It has to be light and very strong. One part of the blimp that was tested out on the first night in AZ was our mooring mast. At around 1 in the morning we had a pretty bad storm blow in with heavy rain (light winds and a 20% chance of rain was forecasted). The wind kicked up to 30 knots with gusts over 40 knots. The storm lasted about 30 minutes, but the mooring mast held and the blimp remain secured. Since the temperature dropped sharply the blimp started to get pretty soft. It was a real task trying to put air in the balloonetts in the driving rain. Eventuality I gave up and just pumped in more helium and added more weight to the blimp. After it tightened up it became more stable on the mast. That was a rough night. It would have sucked to lose the blimp on the first night!! We learned allot on that trip and are making several adjustments to the blimp and our equipment. We should have every thing down pat pretty soon.
this sadly happens to this team bt with dramatic issue:
really painfull to see that wonderfull blimp crashed before to be usefull

http://airshipworld.blogspot.com/200...e-airship.html

but hopfully our "small" blimps are may be more strongly build and forces are smaller..

nice prototype the real one is going to be well and i hope it will make the buiness grow. about FAA regulation is it now ok to fly in the US?
Old Mar 11, 2008, 11:25 AM
Blimpman
Joined Jul 2006
274 Posts
Let me give you a short lesson in the blimp, client, network dynamic.
From reading your posts it is obvious you are clueless.

First, the event promoters and the event itself have no interest in blimp footage. They are only concerned with ticket sales and network $s.

Second the blimp, or what ever method that is used to provide aerial footage, does not get 1 cent from the event (the NHRA in this case) or the network that is televising the event. So if the NHRA is impressed they have no intentions of spending one dollar.

Third, the network doesn't care how or who they get the aerial footage from, if they even want it. All they care about is dollars from advertising on their network during the event. So if you want to make you concept work you will have to attract a large company that spends millions on said network in advertising. In return for aerial footage the network will give the company airtime. Most companies that spend millions on network advertising have no interest in a costly flawed, unproven, unsafe, rc blimp.

I would suggest rethinking your approach maybe you can get the military to spend money on your "White Elephant".

Good luck with that!
Old Mar 11, 2008, 11:45 AM
Blimpman
Joined Jul 2006
274 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by powerblimp
okay okay no bad thoughts

and if you like challanges see these 2 picts and tell me what you think...

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/attac...mentid=1678013

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/attac...mentid=1520023

any comments?
Both are great.
Keep it small keep it safe keep it profitable!
Old Mar 11, 2008, 02:32 PM
rc blimp manufacturer
Joined Dec 2005
666 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blimpman
Let me give you a short lesson in the blimp, client, network dynamic.
From reading your posts it is obvious you are clueless.

First, the event promoters and the event itself have no interest in blimp footage. They are only concerned with ticket sales and network $s.

Second the blimp, or what ever method that is used to provide aerial footage, does not get 1 cent from the event (the NHRA in this case) or the network that is televising the event. So if the NHRA is impressed they have no intentions of spending one dollar.

Third, the network doesn't care how or who they get the aerial footage from, if they even want it. All they care about is dollars from advertising on their network during the event. So if you want to make you concept work you will have to attract a large company that spends millions on said network in advertising. In return for aerial footage the network will give the company airtime. Most companies that spend millions on network advertising have no interest in a costly flawed, unproven, unsafe, rc blimp.

I would suggest rethinking your approach maybe you can get the military to spend money on your "White Elephant".

Good luck with that!
aerial footage are a nice promotion why every event now want AF?
i'm sure there is a business and the 2 in effect is great advertising pays for free aerial footage..

concept is clear and must bring $

at one condition to have PROFESSIONAL QUALITY AND IT SEEMS THAT GALAXY HAS IT!
Old Mar 11, 2008, 04:52 PM View Post
Blimpman
A moderator felt this post violated the following rule: Trolling (Obnoxious behavior). Show it to me anyway.
Old Mar 11, 2008, 08:18 PM
Marcus Franco
USA, HI, Makawao
Joined Jul 2004
2,886 Posts
Gentlemen...
The purpose of this thread is to report all professional achievements... OK!?

No more arguments or pointing fingers... ie.: that manufacturer is this or that...
If one doesn't like someone's post just ignore it... laugh to yourself... do not post here!!!

Come on let's grow up and be more united...
There is plenty of room for every one...

if this kind of off track continues I will be forced to REPORT whoever is getting out of line...
Guga is online now Find More Posts by Guga
Last edited by Guga; Mar 11, 2008 at 08:27 PM.
Old Mar 12, 2008, 05:24 AM
Marcus Franco
USA, HI, Makawao
Joined Jul 2004
2,886 Posts
Just finished a 3 day event For COSIPA ...at The Steel Enterprise Center in São Paulo...
They inaugurated a Theatre open to the Public...

This is a Huge complex Building full of many companies...
Good for distribuiting business cards...
And people going by all day long...

A 12 store high building with a sky ceilling...

Perfect Paradise for Blimping...
Guga is online now Find More Posts by Guga
Last edited by Guga; Oct 01, 2009 at 06:12 AM.
Old Mar 12, 2008, 11:07 PM
Joined Oct 2007
8 Posts
very nice blimps guga. let me ask you something i´ve been asking myself for a couple of weeks... I noticed that you fixed your fins (or wings) without a tension line (or string), I think the overall shape looks a lot cleaner but do they (fins, wings) stay in place better than with tension strings? Do they perform better like this?

PD Thanks for all the contributions you´ve made.
mediabox is offline Find More Posts by mediabox