HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 21, 2007, 10:03 AM
Joined Jun 2006
5 Posts
Ed,

I'm from Eastern Europe...and the company that sells helium is the only company in my area...
dinu is offline Find More Posts by dinu
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 03, 2007, 07:55 PM
Marcus Franco
USA, HI, Makawao
Joined Jul 2004
2,886 Posts
Even though Im not in Brazil...
BlimpShow continues to make some events now in the hands of my copilot Alvaro that sends me the info about the events he is making in So Paulo...

This event was for the Port of Rotterdam...
A 3 meter Blimp...
Guga is offline Find More Posts by Guga
Old Jun 05, 2007, 09:36 PM
Marcus Franco
USA, HI, Makawao
Joined Jul 2004
2,886 Posts
We have decided begining this year that BlimpShow should enter some other different marketing niche...(obviously maintaining our blimp business)
So me and my partner decided to offer services to entities that look for display models only for these purposes of displaying only...

for some reason it seams to be a very good demand for these models...

So this, is one of the first jobs that we have done...
The Dirigeable name is... Santa Cruz... was consived by the Brasilian Jos do Patrocinio in 1856...
This exact model never flew... but a Latter redesigned model did flew...

So this client gaves these 2 sketches for us to build a display model of it...

See the results below... how much we charged for this work?... US 4600,oo
not bad huh?
Last edited by Guga; Jun 06, 2007 at 06:32 AM.
Old Jul 01, 2007, 10:40 AM
Marcus Franco
USA, HI, Makawao
Joined Jul 2004
2,886 Posts
Testimony...

In my 10 years of experience the best Outdoor Blimp that I ever flew...
Is indeed this one... a 35 ft from Galaxy RPV...
It handles like an UGLYSTICK (one of the easiest modelplane everbuilt)...

Flyes with no problems in winds up to 25kt gusting 30kt
Handles gently and promtly to your commands and above all even flyes in light rain...
The experience was Outrageous!!! I was Impressed...
hey! Ted...youve done it again...

Thanks to a high standards of manufacturing adopted with NC machined parts and top military standards components used in its assembly line...
I take my hat outfor Galaxy Blimps from Dallas TX...

One can really fly in RIO or Natal, with no problems of wind or weather in Rios averages weather (the weather there is very hard to predict)

Or any other places in Brazil... and make a Lot of $$$

I Sign Bellow and recomend if you really want to have some professional equipment in your hands...that wont let you down...

Congratulations Galaxy Guys!!!

As soon as get my other pics Ill post it here

And thank you for the nice company T shirt... and the experience and confidence in let me try one of your machines...

Not enough to say thanks Andy ...for the nice Barbecued Hamburgers...
Even though it was raining a lot we had a lot of fun...

When I get my budget straight from all this trip Im making... youve got a client... in So Paulo...
Last edited by Guga; Jul 01, 2007 at 10:49 AM.
Old Jul 01, 2007, 03:38 PM
North Richland Hills, Texas USA
Joined Aug 2000
1,865 Posts
Marcus

I wish I had known you were there as I was on the other side of the field flying my little balloon. I would have loved to have met you after all the email exchanges. Over two days, I managed to put over seven hours in the air for Allstate. Partner told me there was a heavy set (wink, wink) man working the crew and at first I thought it might be Ted but now I know. The 35 foot ship sure looked good flying around and dropping the neat parachute bundles, I got some great movies of the final stick released as a salvo. Anyway, it was a lot of fun playing in the mud. Wish I had known it was you but I think we have a couple of picture of you anyway. ed

Are you in town all week or are you headed out again?

Give me a yell at 817.228.9529 if still in the area.
Ed Couch is offline Find More Posts by Ed Couch
Old Jul 01, 2007, 05:09 PM
Marcus Franco
USA, HI, Makawao
Joined Jul 2004
2,886 Posts
As long as Im in Dallas it wil be raining and a curse will be upon this dry desert...

And a jungle will grow like in the Amazon forest and Dallas will be its center...a real green Inferno... with big snakes, crocks, and jolly green giants walking arround...
BE AWARE

I shud be here for awhile... :
Old Jul 01, 2007, 06:31 PM
Joined Aug 2000
1,865 Posts
Big snakes we've got, gators are here to but the jolly green giants. I need some of what you've been drinking as it beats hell out of my Miller Lite. Glad to have you in this wee little town. If you have nothing to do for this week end or the fourth let me know. I'm scheduled up the 4th, 6th and 7th. ed
Old Jul 02, 2007, 05:03 PM
Blimpman
Joined Jul 2006
274 Posts
It sure would be nice if there was some honesty on this forum.
30 mph winds and rain? Come on!
Looking at the way the blimp is tied down it's lucky you have a blimp at all!
Blimpman is offline Find More Posts by Blimpman
Old Jul 02, 2007, 07:29 PM
Marcus Franco
USA, HI, Makawao
Joined Jul 2004
2,886 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Couch
Marcus

I wish I had known you were there Are you in town all week or are you headed out again?

Give me a yell at 817.228.9529 if still in the area.

Thanks Ed for the invitation...
I will be in out of town for the Indepence hollydays...
If you guys are not under water (even so) in 2weeks "Ill be Baaack" I got to finish some aeronautical buiness in Dallas and if I have some time free Ill call you...

As for BlimpMan he allways enter a conversation with his feet... instead of using the brains God gave him...

Why?
any way good things and health to you Sir!
Old Jul 03, 2007, 09:50 AM
Joined Aug 2000
1,865 Posts
Gentlemen

Last Saturday at the Mud Fest as stated before I flew all morning and a while in the afternoon. Normally the winds were in the 5 to 7 knot range with several hours of under 5 knots but in the afternoon there was a series of thunderstorm coming through that turned nasty several times. I was lucky enough to have a large exhibition hall open and had to haul down and make a run for the barn a number of times as the storms come through winds in the 20 knot catagory. It rained so dang hard you could not talk to someone in the building right next to you. Now my old Dweyer wind meter may not be that accurate but it has been through several ultralights and it and I are still ticking after all these years. I used it in flight and I trust what it indicates. We had the new weather in the pocket computer as well updating constantly. I only got caught once in actual rain and that was about 20 yards before hitting the barns and the 20 foot balloon became a handful real fast. The winds then were the highest of the day and it was raining buckets in an instance. Again, I was lucky to have shelter close by but Marcus and Tony were in the southeast corner of the facility and they survived with no problems I was aware of. Take it for what its worth. I personally don't like winds above 10 knots, my ship has been up in winds a little higher than that but its just not comfortable for me.
Old Jul 03, 2007, 07:19 PM
Marcus Franco
USA, HI, Makawao
Joined Jul 2004
2,886 Posts
Yes that muddy day was kind a calm...
I prefer like that...
But a week ago we went flying for test purposes (Denton I believe?) and the wind there was averaging 15 with gusts up to 30 knots...and light rain sometimes...
It was really the first time I had my hands on this 35ft...man...this blimp is a THANK!

Obviously it wasnt smooth flying at 20kt...but the blimp faced bravely that condittion...
Old Jul 05, 2007, 06:50 PM
Joined Sep 2006
14 Posts
Sky Promotions

We just did the first central america RC blimp flight with advertising. It was for a major celular company (Telefonica Movistar). The event went perfectly and I need to know how to put the pictures and movies in the thread.
Please let me know so I can share these with everyone.

Thanks
TGCFCG
Sky Promotions, Guatemala
tgcfcg is offline Find More Posts by tgcfcg
Old Jul 21, 2007, 11:55 AM
Marcus Franco
USA, HI, Makawao
Joined Jul 2004
2,886 Posts
TGCFCG...
To up load photos follow these steps...

1-Click on "New Reply"
Write your message ...

2-Click on "Manage Attachmentents"

3-Click on "Browse"
and choose your photos

4-After choosing your photos click on "Upload"

5- Wait untill after upload is complete and click on "Save changes"
and click on "close this window"

6- click on "submit reply"
and youre done...
Good luck
Old Aug 02, 2007, 02:11 PM
Joined Aug 2000
1,865 Posts
Its been a little slow around here lately, nobody busy? I flew two days last weekend at an event in San Antonio representing Allstate Insurance. Took two vehicles with me but the convention center basically held me to specific area or footprint and I did not have overflight rights to the whole exhibition hall. I flew my little 7.5 footer in place of the larger 13 foot vehicle. Easier to maneuver in the confined area. I had a great time as I only had to work 5 hours each day and wife went along to get out of house. She took off each day to sight see so I didn't have to entertain too much. We went out each evening we were there so it was great. The food was outstanding as was the little hotel we stayed at (two blocks from everything). I have some pictures coming later in week as when I'm by myself I never think to take any. A good time, made a little money, and all expenses paid. It's a hard life ed

PS - Got rained out last night at a local baseball game. Lightning was great and it rained for over an hour but thats ok, scheduled again for next week.
Old Aug 02, 2007, 08:47 PM
Marcus Franco
USA, HI, Makawao
Joined Jul 2004
2,886 Posts
Post some pictures Ed...
We are busy in Brazil... we did not have time even to take pictures...