HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 02, 2005, 08:26 PM
Fayetteville Municipal, Arkansas, United States
Joined Sep 2004
574 Posts
New - EFlite Power Meter

I picked up my new Power/watt meter from my local shop today and I am very impressed with the EFlite power meter. It is super simple to use. Noithing to figure out at all. One button lets you select voltage, Amps, watts, and milliamps.

Now there is no more guess work prop and motor combos. I tested it on my two electric planes. My Eflite Ultimate and EFlite Mini-Funtana.

Ultimate:
Hacker A20-22L Outrunner and Jeti 20A SC and APC 10x4.7 prop.

TP 1320 made 173 watts and drew 16A on a fresh charged pack.
For comparison a TP 1950 made 193 watts of power and drew 17 A. Plane has rocket power from a hover with 1320 FYI.

Mini-Funtana:
EFlite Park 400 with EFlite gearbox with 6.6:1 gearing and EFlite 12x6 prop.

TP 1950 drew 21.5A and made 221.5 watts of power!!!! I was impressed. Everyone at my field loves the Funtana as it has insane vertical. I can roll it 5 feet and go up like the rear end is on fire for ever. My TP 1950 and Mini-Funtana (bought together and for each other) has at least 75 flights and I manage the throttle well and it has superb power for over 12 minutes of hard 3D. The pack is only rated for 19A continous and like 30 burst. I think the pack is under rated. I think it is better than TP rates it for. My Kokam pack on the other hand is much worse than its rating. I can cycle my TP 1950 and is has no degredation at all. Of course I don't go vertical for long periods and of course the prop unloads in the air and the Amp draw is less than static. Probally 19A wideopen in the air. Also I know as the voltage drops the amp draw will too.

If anyone is thinking about this meter than get yourself one. It is a VERY handle tool and very easy to use.

Norman Ross Jr.
Futurase is offline Find More Posts by Futurase
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 19, 2005, 12:43 AM
Winnipeg
Joined Feb 2002
5,793 Posts
I picked one up as well, and have a few concerns. The price was great but the fact that I have to hit a button to see the different results I don't like. Would have been nice to have a few lines added to the display so you could see volts/watts/amps at the same time. Don't like pushing a tiny button while my plane is spooled up. Was hoping my hobby store was going to bring in the actual watt meter, but they couldn't get it and this was the only one offered, and something is better than nothing. That aside, I do like the meter, display is good, seems accurate, price was right (72 CND). Now for people new to the math in this hobby, more than the back for instructions would have been nice, but for what I do, will work.
Shadrack is offline Find More Posts by Shadrack