HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 28, 2001, 05:39 AM
Joined May 2000
2,837 Posts
Pixie 7P wont work with Futaba 4ch skysport Tx

Hi. I'm using a FMA fortress micro 8 Rx and the ESC gives the steady beeping asscociated with no signal from Tx. When I plug in a Jeti 050, it works fine, The 7P also works on my Focus III AM and FM.I tried all the servo reverse switches and trim tricks learned on this forum with the Futaba but no dice. Any Ideas? Thanks
Bleriot is offline Find More Posts by Bleriot
to remove ads between posts
Old May 28, 2001, 09:50 AM
Radix malorum est cupiditas
Joined Jul 2000
460 Posts
Hey Bleriot, sent a message to CC last week about the pixie 7P -

"I've been using an old pixie7 with my Alpex 4ch RX's with no problem, using
an Airtronics RD6000 TX.

Just got a new Pixie7P and all I get is the motor beep-beep-beep.(tried 2
different Alpex Receivers)

Verified that the new 7P works OK with the std. Airtronics RX.

Opened the endpoints up to max, full trims, etc."

Answer I got back from CC was that they would get a Alpex to to try to figure it out.

Since I've given up on Alpex (failsafe stinks) and switched to GWS receivers, the 7P works fine.

You've got me worried now, I just ordered a FMA Extreme5, so I hope I won't have the same problem. - I'll post the results when I get it.
radix2 is offline Find More Posts by radix2
Old May 28, 2001, 10:27 AM
Just an average RC'er
Laurel, Maryland USA
Joined Aug 2000
4,291 Posts
That's interesting, I'm having problems with my 7p and Futaba 8UAS. It works, but will not go into programing mode. I'm using a GWS N6 Rx. Unfortunatly to install it into my Robin I had to void the warentee....

-Jim
Jim McPherson is offline Find More Posts by Jim McPherson
Old May 28, 2001, 10:36 AM
Rochester, NY, USA
Joined Aug 2000
7,365 Posts
The 7P is about the only model I don't own from Castle Creations. All other CC ESCs work fine.

For my slow flyers on my Futaba 4-channel SkySport, I have been using the Great Planes C-5 on the Lite Stik and C-10 on the Bleriot III. Both ships use GWS R4P receivers. No problems to report on anything.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help other than reporting a working combination.
Greg Covey is online now Find More Posts by Greg Covey
Old May 28, 2001, 10:37 PM
KLH
Pack Rat
Hayward CA / Valley Springs CA USA
Joined Jan 2001
1,778 Posts
Bleriot
Can't help you with that problem but just thought you might be interested to know that my 7P works with a lot of different combinations except my Focus III FM's (3 of them). However it does work with the Focus III AMs. The problem is that at full off on the throttle the motor will still turn a few RPM, very slow but not off. With some of my other TXs I can set the end point on the throttle so not a problem on them. CC says to send it back for a software adjustment, but haven't done it yet. I'm using it with some Tadirans so its nice to be able to set the v cutoff.

Kern
KLH is offline Find More Posts by KLH
Old May 29, 2001, 12:42 AM
Most Exalted Windbag
Newark, DE USA
Joined May 2001
1,632 Posts
Jim,

You say you had to void the warranty. Does that involve more than cutting the wires, or would they let you get by with that? I'm going to test everything before I install it.

If you're modifying more than cutting the wires, here's a mod I've thought of. On another thread someone was having ESC problems and suggestion of whether it was getting enough cooling airflow was brought up. That was my first thought when I learned that the Pixie was close to maxed out at 2 servos with 9 volts. I was going to mount mine in the airflow.

Then I thought, I have a square, flat aluminum fuse on the Bleriot. Aluminum is a =whole= lot more heat conductive than air. I'm thinking of removing the shrink wrap, dabbing on a bit of heat conductive paste and taping it to the fuse with 1 1/3 wraps of electricians tape. If I mount the prop up a tad, there'll even be airflow through the tube.

Anybody know which side gets hot? The side with two big rectangular chips or the side with a large and a small? Waddyall think?

Sorry I can't help you Bleriot. I'll be trying mine in the RX that comes with the Bleriot. I may be posting soon.

RB

Red Baron 47 is offline Find More Posts by Red Baron 47
Old May 29, 2001, 03:30 PM
Joined May 2000
2,837 Posts
Hi KLH, Yeah they do that w/ Rx's that don't have alot of noise rejection. I now have a further mystery. As I have 2 7P's , I tried #2 and it DOES WORK with the Futaba and FMA Rx's????, The other WILL NOT, but is ok w/ Both AM and FM Hitec Focus III's, except for the slow running at off. Well, I guess #1 goes back for sure. Best Regards
Bleriot is offline Find More Posts by Bleriot