HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 30, 2005, 11:42 PM
dallas tx
Joined Jun 2003
2,845 Posts
Classified Ad's for sailplanes.

Im starting to get intrested in buying a td ship for summer. Where's the biggest classified ad's for sailplanes at on the web? Rcgroups is good,has 2-3
new planes for sale every day. Ebay has 1-2 good planes a month,but where
do you go to look at 10-15 used planes being added daily, or how has the largest site ? Im looking for a open class sailplane,not 10 years old butfairly new,,like omega 3, fusion,psycho, compulsion,others. Im disabled so cant afford $1000.00 gliders,maybe 400-600 range. Lee
capt soap is offline Find More Posts by capt soap
to remove ads between posts
Old May 01, 2005, 06:57 AM
<>< AKA W4BPS
USA, TN, Tullahoma
Joined Dec 2001
2,428 Posts
Soaring flea Mkt??

A few show up on www.rcuniverse.com But not many. Ever consider an Ava ? I'm considering flying my Ava for my all around contest ship even though I have been flying some of the best soaring ships I have ever owned..My 2 cents, and just a thought..Brian
BrianSmith is offline Find More Posts by BrianSmith
Old May 01, 2005, 08:38 AM
Thermal Wrangler
Launceston Tasmania
Joined Mar 2004
2,063 Posts
plunder down under

try:

Dave Jones' webby:

www.rctradingpage.com.au

I got my Muller Escape from there...
It's Australian...soooo post to USA will be up to $100US
for a 3m TD ship.

regards,
Chris.
DrFragnasty is offline Find More Posts by DrFragnasty
Old May 01, 2005, 08:50 PM
USA, TX, Houston
Joined Mar 2004
288 Posts
Ava All Around

Not to get too far off the subject, but,

Brian, you mentioned that you might just fly your Ava as your all-round ship. What is your reasoning? It is just a very good flyer able to compete in both RES and Unlimited, or, you just enjoy flying it more than the full-house ships these days? I've read other posts you've made and commented on how well the Ava flys with ballast. Just curious.

Tommy L
tomcat5109 is offline Find More Posts by tomcat5109
Old May 01, 2005, 10:26 PM
<>< AKA W4BPS
USA, TN, Tullahoma
Joined Dec 2001
2,428 Posts
Ava

Hi Tommy...
Want a short honest answer. ? It's competitive, it is fun, only takes 3 reasonable priced servos, is easy to fly well, reasonable cost in todays market, and most of all I'm getting old. Too old to remember my launch and reflex switch positions, and is much easy for my old eyes to see at a distance compared to a flat wing fast Hi-Po ship.... Brian
PS..What do you think? That answer what you are wondering?
BrianSmith is offline Find More Posts by BrianSmith
Old May 01, 2005, 11:20 PM
dallas tx
Joined Jun 2003
2,845 Posts
Brian, rcuniverse almost never has new gliders for sale. Yes ava is considered,flapped version. Lee
capt soap is offline Find More Posts by capt soap
Old May 02, 2005, 08:08 AM
USA, TX, Houston
Joined Mar 2004
288 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianSmith
Hi Tommy...
Want a short honest answer. ? It's competitive, it is fun, only takes 3 reasonable priced servos, is easy to fly well, reasonable cost in todays market, and most of all I'm getting old. Too old to remember my launch and reflex switch positions, and is much easy for my old eyes to see at a distance compared to a flat wing fast Hi-Po ship.... Brian
PS..What do you think? That answer what you are wondering?
Yes, that's it. I still have a desire to be competetive in contests (unlimited and RES) but I'm also getting older and cannot fly fast flat-wings as effectively as younger eyes. In contests, I just want to get 10 minutes and landing points same as anyone else. Doesn't matter if it's a RES or moldie ship. Any other flying I just want to have fun. With ballast capability, the Ava might fit that description.

Thanks,

Tommy
tomcat5109 is offline Find More Posts by tomcat5109
Old May 02, 2005, 07:37 PM
Watervliet, Mich.
Joined Sep 2003
1,438 Posts
I flew a electric AVA for awhile, I was carring a extra 28oz of weight/ballast with all the extra gear compared to a thermal version and it still out hung any of my molded T/D ships, plus it would penatrate real good in winds.

dh
dhauch is offline Find More Posts by dhauch