Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Apr 28, 2005, 07:56 PM
Chino Hills, CA
Joined Feb 2003
2,370 Posts
Where's a good DS site for a beginner in Southern Cal?

Hi All,

Now I really like to try DS after engaging in that DS foamie debate, which site in so cal is best for a first timer? I'm not interested in breaking any records (at least not yet) so I guess I'm looking for a site with smooth air (least surprises) and easy retrieval.

I'm thinking about using my Wowings Booby for it, do you think it'll be ok for learning how to DS? Maybe I can use my new Weasel Pro.

Adrian
codezilla is offline Find More Posts by codezilla
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 28, 2005, 08:14 PM
Ninja of the Nasty
Joined Jan 2004
10,642 Posts
COOL! the booby SHOULD DS just fine....

EASY EASY EASY retrieval and smooth backside usually is parker and Vincent... SUPER easy retrieval.... no problemo

JOe
KingOfTheHill is offline Find More Posts by KingOfTheHill
Old Apr 28, 2005, 08:21 PM
Chino Hills, CA
Joined Feb 2003
2,370 Posts
Great!!! Thanks for the info.

Do you need a 4X4 to get to parker or vincent?

Adrian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOfTheHill
COOL! the booby SHOULD DS just fine....

EASY EASY EASY retrieval and smooth backside usually is parker and Vincent... SUPER easy retrieval.... no problemo

JOe
Old Apr 28, 2005, 08:24 PM
Ninja of the Nasty
Joined Jan 2004
10,642 Posts
No, neither..... BUT a SUV or pickup truck (2wd is JUST fine) is good for parker...

Vincent can accomodate just about anything.... 2lsvtec takes his Honda civic to vincent (many others drive cars too) but you have to walk down.... 4x4 only for park and fly...

if your not a spaz offroad and know how to read a road you can take a car up parker.... ive had my trans am and eclipse there.... and have seen celica's, integras, and Benz up there.... and thats park and fly...

JOe
KingOfTheHill is offline Find More Posts by KingOfTheHill
Old Apr 28, 2005, 08:31 PM
DS JUNKY
DA VALLEY, CA
Joined Jun 2004
1,442 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOfTheHill
if your not a spaz offroad and know how to read a road you can take a car up parker.... ive had my trans am and eclipse there.... and have seen celica's, integras, and Benz up there.... and thats park and fly...

JOe
After all the errosion parker experianced from the rains I had to see the pictures of Joe's trans am at the top to believe it. Some serious off road driving skillz there no doubt. So this is possible but not for the faint of heart. You better know exactly what your doing or else your going to get stuck there. You better expect to have the bottom of your car/cats/piping and what not scraped/banged in while your doing this trail too.
Z06kal is offline Find More Posts by Z06kal
Old Apr 28, 2005, 09:34 PM
Chino Hills, CA
Joined Feb 2003
2,370 Posts
Hmm... if a trans am and an eclipse can make it, then I think my off road proven (cajon & little mountain) elantra can make it.

Let's see if I can make it this weekend.
Old Apr 28, 2005, 09:48 PM
CaliforniaSailplanes.com
So California
Joined Dec 2002
1,789 Posts
Adrian,

We have a great spot in Riverside. Contact me the first of next week and we'll arrange a time. It is a good beginning place. It requires a 4 wheel drive, but we have one.

I DSed my Booby a ton of laps there today....

Steve

use my email (stegre@aol.com)
stegre is offline Find More Posts by stegre
Old Apr 28, 2005, 10:27 PM
Chino Hills, CA
Joined Feb 2003
2,370 Posts
Thanks for all the help guys. I will check out Riverside site too.

I'm rebuilding my booby right now. First build was really crappy, but flew pretty well, so this one should fly better (hopefully). Should be done by tomorrow. (and crash it trying to DS LOL)

Adrian