Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Apr 07, 2002, 03:21 AM
Angering mobs since 1980.
United States, TX, Dallas
Joined Sep 2001
2,929 Posts
Where's the EAM T-50 Trainer Jet????

You guys said it would be availble soon weeks ago. Well I just went to the EAM website armed with a credit card and no plane!

*sigh*
Twmaster is offline Find More Posts by Twmaster
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 07, 2002, 05:12 AM
cincinati, oh
Joined Jul 2001
201 Posts
yeah

i have been wondering that to..also..where is the mig???
ramw5p is offline Find More Posts by ramw5p
Old Apr 07, 2002, 11:03 AM
Gravity Is My Friend !!!
Lewisville, Texas, United States
Joined Mar 2000
1,303 Posts
T-50

Beta kit is being built and templates redrawn and spiffed up, takes time guys, the Mig is at least a month out.
EAMRC is offline Find More Posts by EAMRC
Old Apr 07, 2002, 02:29 PM
Joined Sep 2001
2,929 Posts
I thought all you were waiting on was boxing and hardware? Steve sent you a pile of kits.

Old Apr 07, 2002, 05:31 PM
Alberta, Canada
Joined Sep 2001
1,292 Posts
Bummer If it results in a better kit though, perhaps it is worth it.
Mikey-flies is offline Find More Posts by Mikey-flies
Old Apr 07, 2002, 08:13 PM
Jimfrisky
United States, CA, Simi Valley
Joined Jan 2001
428 Posts
MIKEY PERHAPS

BUT THEY SEEM TO HAVE A LOT OF PROUBLEMS? DRAGINLADY WAS THE BIG THING HERE AT FIRST DEAF FLY GOING ON 3 YEARS RB 57 OVER A YEAR ?WHEN A HOT JET HITS HERE EVERY ONE WANTS IT YESTERDAY! NOT TO MORROWWWWWWWWWWWW THEY ARE A GREAT E SITE JUST SOME STUFF GETS HUNG UP NO KIT BEFOR ITS TIME THEY SAY
JIMFRISKY is offline Find More Posts by JIMFRISKY
Old Apr 07, 2002, 08:48 PM
Gravity Is My Friend !!!
Lewisville, Texas, United States
Joined Mar 2000
1,303 Posts
Kits

have you ever tried to pull it all together and do a kit ? after experiences here on E-zone over instructions and anything else that anyone can possibly whine about in public, you guys have no-one to blame but yourselves. We make every effort to bring kits to market asap you have no idea how much money I have tied up in development costs that I can't see a dime of return on until many kits are sold. Do you think I like that kind of $$$ sitting around doing nothing ? Waiting on subcontractors, parts suppliers, technical writers etc., Maybe you need to walk in my mocassins for awhile before you critisize and get impatient. Have you been charged for anything ? have you ordered anything that hasn't been shipped ? Sorry to vent but they won't go out the door until they are right.
EAMRC is offline Find More Posts by EAMRC
Last edited by EAMRC; Apr 07, 2002 at 09:23 PM.
Old Apr 07, 2002, 09:18 PM
Stupid gravity!
Trinity, FL
Joined Jul 1999
1,515 Posts
Amen Dave! It seems we as consumers get really impatient and start criticizing when we don't have a clue as to what is involved. Thanks for taking the time and helping improve the hobby. EAM is a class act! I can't wait for the Dragonlady and the Hornet. Take as much time as you need!
docphi is offline Find More Posts by docphi
Old Apr 07, 2002, 11:21 PM
Austin, Texas
Joined Jun 2001
908 Posts
Ya im with ya Dave i would surely rather wait and get a better product than something that was just slapped together. Anyways i need more time to save for a kit.
JStory is offline Find More Posts by JStory
Old Apr 07, 2002, 11:24 PM
ny
Joined Dec 2000
1,270 Posts
Getting a little testy are we, that will help business
russ6421 is offline Find More Posts by russ6421
Old Apr 08, 2002, 09:03 AM
Hey, I wanna fly too!
United States, TX, Justin
Joined Sep 2001
223 Posts
The human factor...

I spend a lot of time at Dave's shop and the beauty is, I get to see all of the 'skunkworks' in action. Fan Trainer, WeMoTec F-16, F-18, C-130, U-2, X1, and the WB-57. Kitting a plane is quite a dauting task, especially when you depend on outside suppliers for you components. I myself, took on the project of completing the documentation of the WB-57 when others let him down. I've built kits since I was a kid and thought I'd have this kocked out in no time. But there are always issues; work turns into 12 hour days, the girlfriend wants more attention, and photo documenting the construction can be quite a challange. Then there are issues with components from outside vendors; wing panels that aren't quite right, laser cut parts a hair off, etc. And you know what kind of ezone post issues like these generate.

It's quite amazing, if you follow some of the threads and comments here, that anyone would want to be in this business. A long time ago, I worked in a retail speed shop for 7 years and the hardest part of the job could be the customers. The difference with Dave, is he will tell you what's on his mind - the same thing you and everyone else is thinking, but won't always say. He's human too, and I really see no reason for him to take the abuse.

Just hang tight guys, and we'll get these kits to ya asap.

Terry

Enclosed is a shot of the 'studio' and WB-57, which unfortunately would not fit in my workshop (who needs a dining room anyway?) I'm lucky enough to have a Kodak Professional DCS 35mm SLR Digital camera, lights, and the technical writing experience and hope to have this done soon. Of course I've been saying that about my income taxes too!
tphillips is offline Find More Posts by tphillips
Old Apr 08, 2002, 12:04 PM
Jimfrisky
United States, CA, Simi Valley
Joined Jan 2001
428 Posts
EAM

0PPS sorry brain damage is my cope out! some times i step on toes, i'm sorry ,but darn it i really get fired up over some thing i want it ! not years down the line. i,m sure its an alsome job getting a kit put to geather your job, i just buy i,m sorry im not patant thats just me jim p.s easy for you to say jason your a young fellow some of us don,t have that much time left lol
JIMFRISKY is offline Find More Posts by JIMFRISKY
Last edited by JIMFRISKY; Apr 09, 2002 at 02:31 PM.
Old Apr 08, 2002, 04:13 PM
Joined Sep 2001
2,929 Posts
I do not doubt making a kit come to market is not an 'easy' task. I just hate it when you are told the kits would be ready RealSoonNow (which sounds like days). Instead a month has gone by and yet you are saying more time? OK, fine. If you had said 6-8 weeks a month ago then that would have been fine. Like I have a choice but to wait if I want one of these. That is my major complaint. I prefer to be told something I may not want to hear rather than be flossed.
Old Apr 08, 2002, 04:25 PM
Wakefield, MA
Joined Feb 2001
769 Posts
I may be wrong, but I don't remember Dave ever giving an ETA on the T-50. If so, big error on my part as I've been watching closely with interest, I want one! Now I'm thinking about doing my own Fantrainer, fantrainer, if you know what I mean. Should be close to Steve's T-50 and will be using the prints I bought from MAN years ago (scaled down). I built the balsa cox IC version, but never worked up the nerve to actually fly it. It seems pretty heavy, so I think it best it stays grounded.
member73 is offline Find More Posts by member73
Old Apr 08, 2002, 06:43 PM
Making Cuisinarts Fly!!!!
Richardson, Texas
Joined Dec 2001
298 Posts
There have been issues with shipping of the parts and templates. They were truely lost in the mail. Once they arrived it was on to the next step.

This is where I open myself up to public ridicule. If you want to blame someone, blame me!

Yes, there was kind of a false start but I am working on it now. For the record I bought the kit, and agreed to assemble it using the instructions provided as a beta build. If this sounds great to you, you are wrong! Take the hobby you love so much and add timelines and deadlines and it is no longer a hobby, it's a JOB. What's worse,is it is a job that you don't get paid for. You will know when you get there. When you say to yourself I HAVE to work to this plane (instead of GET to).

As I said, I am doing the beta kit to verify the instructions and parts. This is to verify that the builder (Steve Neill) has transfered enough of his excellent knowledge to the end user to build the kit as he would have.

There are many times on ezone that people don't get the meaning of what was written and take it the wrong way. The same thing happens on a new model build. The author has a very good idea what has to transpire to assemble the project. He should, he has done it more than once. To the new customer, they are starting from square one.

Customers can be categorized into several groups:
1. The ones that pitch the instructions and build the kit.
2. The ones that give the instructions the once over and look for the CG.
3. the ones that read them back to front and memorize them before touching the plane.

The idea is to give all the people what they want, every time. This means that Dave will ship no plane until it's time. It is not worth it to ship a partial plane.

Now I have to get back to my REAL job (the one that pays the bills) so I can get home to work on finishing out the plane.

Getting off soapbox. Thanks for listening all. Sorry if I ruffled any feathers. It truely, was not my intent.
RCAddict is offline Find More Posts by RCAddict