HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 01, 2005, 12:01 AM
iPhly R/C with iPhone
Silicon Valley, Calif
Joined Jan 2005
1,721 Posts
Do yo mean for transport or for replacement if they break? For transport, you can remove the rotors. I believe horsj is working on a rotorhead where nylon bolts hold the blades. I hope he shares his work with this group when he's done.

Ari.
iter is offline Find More Posts by iter
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 01, 2005, 09:04 AM
closed
Gilbert AZ
Joined Jun 2001
9,322 Posts
Just for Easy swap out of a broken blade. Thanks.
fly4fun is offline Find More Posts by fly4fun
Old Jul 01, 2005, 12:58 PM
iPhly R/C with iPhone
Silicon Valley, Calif
Joined Jan 2005
1,721 Posts
The obvious solution would be to use nylon bolts, but that would require laser-cutting in two different planes, wich, together with 16 bolts per kit will probably make it more expensive than a replacement set. If you only need to replace one blade, I can send you just the 3/8" parts, you can cut out your old wedge and glue in a new one.

Ari.
Old Jul 16, 2005, 01:57 PM
iPhly R/C with iPhone
Silicon Valley, Calif
Joined Jan 2005
1,721 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssgtakeo
I have to agree, Perry at Aeromicro is the bomb! He's helped me out many times. Any idea when you're gonna be done with your big batch?
Perry has them now. He's had them for a couple of weeks now -- I've been waiting for him to put them on his website before posting here, but for some reason he hasn't yet. You can still order Slow-Gs from Perry if you call him.

Ari.
Old Sep 15, 2005, 12:58 PM
"$$Crashable Income$$"
Tallahassee, FL
Joined Feb 2004
1,068 Posts
dumb question, so the props arent powered and somehow rotate and produce lift by the local airflow?
im an autogyro newb.
maux is offline Find More Posts by maux
Last edited by maux; Sep 15, 2005 at 01:09 PM.
Old Sep 15, 2005, 01:11 PM
closed
Gilbert AZ
Joined Jun 2001
9,322 Posts
You are correct. No power to the rotors at all. It takes some ground run to get the rotors going but once its airborn it flys great.
Old Sep 15, 2005, 01:26 PM
"$$Crashable Income$$"
Tallahassee, FL
Joined Feb 2004
1,068 Posts
this is one of those things where im like 'huh!?'

thats wild, and very neat.

so whats to stop you from clipping 1/3 off of each stock ss wing and mounting these autogyro rotors right onto the foam wing w/ a little bracing to keep them oriented right? wouldent that make more lift than the included wing things?
maux is offline Find More Posts by maux
Old Sep 15, 2005, 01:36 PM
closed
Gilbert AZ
Joined Jun 2001
9,322 Posts
I cannot answer about clipping the SS Wings and mount the Rotors on the Wings. I would say it would look kind of Silly though.

Well anyway this is a Great Flying Gyro. Its not aerobatic by any means but its so cool flying around in the air. I can almost hover to a landing. The sound of the Rotors is cool also. I get alot of great comments at the flying field. The kit is high quality.
Old Jun 04, 2006, 03:39 AM
iPhly R/C with iPhone
Silicon Valley, Calif
Joined Jan 2005
1,721 Posts
PDF construction manual on slow-g.com

I uploaded an updated version of the manual to http://www.slow-g.com/manual.pdf. Thanks to everyone who helped develop it with their suggestions and questions!

Ari.
Old Jun 04, 2006, 09:08 AM
closed
Gilbert AZ
Joined Jun 2001
9,322 Posts
The manual looks good. My slow G was fun while it lasted.
Old Jun 14, 2006, 08:46 PM
We'll all float on OK
Casselberry, Florida
Joined Dec 2002
1,506 Posts
Ari, I finally finished my Slow Stick and started on the conversion kit. The 3/8" balsa block doesn't have any spacers, just wedges. I thought you maybe changed something, but the new manual shows the 3/8" spacers. Am I supposed to just use the ply caps, no spacers? Or did I lose something?

Thanks, Tom
Tom Korn is offline Find More Posts by Tom Korn
Old Jun 14, 2006, 09:41 PM
iPhly R/C with iPhone
Silicon Valley, Calif
Joined Jan 2005
1,721 Posts
Tom,

You are correct in that I changed the design slightly; you have one of the new kits. Some customers reported that the 3/8 spacers sag over time. The new kits have 3/16 ply spacers instead of the balsa/ply sandwitch. These are much stronger and can take more torque when you put the nuts on. I need to retake the construction photos and put them in the manual.

Ari.
Old Jun 15, 2006, 07:57 AM
We'll all float on OK
Casselberry, Florida
Joined Dec 2002
1,506 Posts
Thanks for the quick reply! I am really excited about this project, thanks for making a kit available to us.
Old Jun 15, 2006, 09:28 AM
closed
Gilbert AZ
Joined Jun 2001
9,322 Posts
You will have fun Tom. Its not aerobatic but the cool factor is there and it will turn heads at the Flying field.
Old Jun 15, 2006, 09:43 AM
We'll all float on OK
Casselberry, Florida
Joined Dec 2002
1,506 Posts
I hope so. But I am sorry to hear you say it was fun while it lasted. Oh well, I know as well as any that all of these craft have expiration dates. Some sooner than others.