HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 25, 2005, 08:14 PM
Cumming Ga
Joined Apr 2002
2,880 Posts
Cyclon Brushless Now at Atlantahobby.com

Congratulations to Mike Parsons (Atlantae) for his 87 inch twin Cyclon Yak being nominated for best of show at SEFF 2005.

I apologize to all for not having the specifications for the Cyclon motors up on our website earlier. With the push to get the first big load of motors here and then being delayed in customs and the work to get Mikes big Yak done for SEFF I have just not had the time to do it. Now that we are back from SEFF I will have them up with full photos and specifications in the next 24 hours!

I (Atlantahobby.com) am stocking the full line of Fabrice Noro's motors and am filling request for dealers and the pilot population just as fast as I can get them unboxed.

I met Fabrice in Germany and have spent quite a bit of time researching his company, where they are headed and their technology. We went to Germany secifically for newer technology and with my brother being involved in the F5B world and me being an electric only company I was aware of what Fabrice had to offer. I am very impressed so far and I think we will see a lot more as we continue to fully test the capabilities of the Cyclon motors.

A stock 160 outrunner for instance is designed to be able to generate 2000 Watts at 92% efficiency and 3500 watts max on 8-10 cells. The Elite series are very inovative by attaching a planetary gearbox to a high output outrunner. The elite 30 is a 14oz motor That is designed to put out up to 2600 Watts and the little Mini elite is only 2.8 oz and is designed for up to 450 Watts!

Please stay tuned and feel free to contact me directly.
Good Winds
Cliff Whitney
atlav8r is offline Find More Posts by atlav8r
Site Sponsor
Last edited by atlav8r; Jun 15, 2005 at 08:42 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 26, 2005, 08:52 AM
Cumming Ga
Joined Apr 2002
2,880 Posts
Specifications posted

I have started to post the Cyclon Specifications. More will be posted as the day goes by. I have the Elite series and the 160 and 160 F3A now posted.
You can see them By clicking on this link.

Good Winds
Cliff
Site Sponsor
Old Apr 26, 2005, 12:59 PM
UK
Joined Sep 2002
987 Posts
Atlanta hobby,

Could you please tell me why You list 70 amps maximum whilst the figures on the Cyclone data sheets indicate 80 amps max. !!!

One other point,
How do you manage to get 1000 Watts of power out of the motor on 10 cells at 80 amps ?????????????

I have attached the Cyclone data sheets.

Brian
Brian Wa is offline Find More Posts by Brian Wa
Old Apr 26, 2005, 03:36 PM
Cumming Ga
Joined Apr 2002
2,880 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Wa
Atlanta hobby,
Could you please tell me why You list 70 amps maximum whilst the figures on the Cyclone data sheets indicate 80 amps max. !!!
One other point,
How do you manage to get 1000 Watts of power out of the motor on 10 cells at 80 amps ?????????????
I have attached the Cyclone data sheets.
Brian
Thanks for the note Brian,
I am happy that you have an Elite 10 and would be very interested in hearing your feedback as it appears you could have a good handle on them.

The data we are using is directly from the owner of the company (Fabrice) and was given to us in late February. This is the same data that is published on their site and is also attached in the PDF file attached to this post. We are showing 70 amps max but have been told and are seeing in our teating that these motors can handle much more power. With that said however you will only ever see us publish what we are given from the factory.

What your data sheet actually says is the following "The possible amp consumption of the motor is :55 amps continuous, 70 amps for up to 30 second burst. It can accept peaks of 80 Amps for up to 10 seconds max."I can only guess what you are asking about is the 80 amps for 10 seconds part and I have no doubt that they will do this.

For the Elite 10 listed Here I can't see where we are stating 1000 watts? We are showing it at 600Watts normal and 800 max.

Thanks again for your questions and please let us know more about your projects and the Elite 10 performance you are seeing.
Good Winds
Cliff Whitney
Site Sponsor
Old Apr 26, 2005, 03:49 PM
UK
Joined Sep 2002
987 Posts
Cliff

From the link you give your site qoutes:

"Very high Performance motor designed for Sailplane/Gliders and 3D flight. Power continuous 600 Watts, up to 1000 Watts peak"

The French do qoute up to 12 cells, do you think they are indicating 12 cells at 80 amps gives you 1000 Watts.

Maybe you should discuss this with them.

Brian
Brian Wa is offline Find More Posts by Brian Wa
Old Apr 26, 2005, 06:11 PM
Cumming Ga
Joined Apr 2002
2,880 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Wa
Cliff

From the link you give your site qoutes:
"Very high Performance motor designed for Sailplane/Gliders and 3D flight. Power continuous 600 Watts, up to 1000 Watts peak"
Brian
Thanks Brian,
I think I picked up this text from another motor as I was doing the data entry. I have it updated, that's what I get for typing at 3 in the morning.
I'll ask Fabrice about the 12 cells.
ThanksCW
Site Sponsor
Old Apr 27, 2005, 12:53 AM
usa
Joined Mar 2003
1,018 Posts
Wow, just finished browsing your site and am very impressed. On a dollar per watt basis, these motors are the bomb. Incredible efficiency numbers too. I am no one to buy a motor until others have chimed in about applications and impressions, but I may have to go in head first on this one as it looks like you'll be out of stock for a while due to demand .
BING! is offline Find More Posts by BING!
Old Apr 28, 2005, 07:57 AM
Cumming Ga
Joined Apr 2002
2,880 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BING!
Wow, just finished browsing your site and am very impressed. On a dollar per watt basis, these motors are the bomb. Incredible efficiency numbers too. I am no one to buy a motor until others have chimed in about applications and impressions, but I may have to go in head first on this one as it looks like you'll be out of stock for a while due to demand .
Thanks for the kind words Bing,
The Elite 10 and 18 are in stock as well as a few of the Cyclon Twister versions. Once we showed the Twin Yak at SEFF I sold out of the 160's and the smaller versions in about 1 hour.

Fabrice (the owner of Cyclon) is moving their shop to a new and larger building this next week and we have a large amount of all versions on order with him. You will see more of these fine motors in stock in the near future.

Stay Tuned
Cliff Whitney
Site Sponsor
Old Apr 28, 2005, 08:41 AM
United States, GA, Flowery Branch
Joined May 2001
1,345 Posts
Cyclone Elite Spec Table

In case you're interested, here is a motor specification table I put together from data supplied by Cliff. I did it primarily to convert the metric data to standard for ease of comparison. Cliff's got an Elite 10 sitting on his shelf begging me to take him home with me. Best regards to all. JS
Joel Shreenan is offline Find More Posts by Joel Shreenan
Old Apr 28, 2005, 11:57 AM
corrupted - 17x18 or more
College Park, Maryland, United States
Joined Nov 2003
506 Posts
Cliff

Are you getting any of the Elite FAI motors in. I know the 7-cell motor that Fabrice demo'ed at the F5B worlds was incredible.

don
eye_rc_soar is offline Find More Posts by eye_rc_soar
Old May 03, 2005, 06:41 AM
Cumming Ga
Joined Apr 2002
2,880 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by eye_rc_soar
Cliff

Are you getting any of the Elite FAI motors in. I know the 7-cell motor that Fabrice demo'ed at the F5B worlds was incredible.

don
Thanks for the question,

Yes, The 7 cell motor was a special motor and Fabrice only made 30 for the world championship.
He is no longer making that motor but is working on FAI 16 cells, and 7 cells F5B motors , but they are still not ready .
I think they will be in month or two.
Hope this helps
Site Sponsor
Old May 21, 2005, 04:16 PM
Cumming Ga
Joined Apr 2002
2,880 Posts
Movies now posted

A lot of folks have been asking to see some photos and movies of our 87inch twin powered Yak so I ave posted a bunch you can see
by clicking here
Site Sponsor
Old Jul 13, 2005, 05:57 PM
Cumming Ga
Joined Apr 2002
2,880 Posts
Mini Elites now in stock

One of the most impressive motors in the Cyclon Range. This motor has the ability to deliver more than 300 watts continuous and 450 peak watts*yet it weighs only 78 grms. Designed for LMR sailplanes where a lot of power is needed in a very small space.
Site Sponsor
Old Jul 19, 2005, 03:56 AM
Master of Fun
Silicon Valley Calif.
Joined Apr 2005
409 Posts
Cyclon Elite 10 or 18 for Condor Voodoo?

Atlav8r;

Which Cyclon Elite should I get for the Condor Voodoo I just bought?
http://translate.google.com/translat...UTF-8%26sa%3DG
http://www.sussex-model-centre.co.uk...oodoo-4956.htm

She is a 3.2 meter glider that weights about 6lb. The guys in the discussion group tell me I need 1,000 watts to pull her up in the air if I want to go vertical.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=387725

Do I get the Elite 10or 18 for this vertical flight?
Jeff85 is offline Find More Posts by Jeff85
Old Jul 19, 2005, 06:48 AM
Cumming Ga
Joined Apr 2002
2,880 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff85
Atlav8r;

Which Cyclon Elite should I get for the Condor Voodoo I just bought?
http://translate.google.com/translat...UTF-8%26sa%3DG
http://www.sussex-model-centre.co.uk...oodoo-4956.htm

She is a 3.2 meter glider that weights about 6lb. The guys in the discussion group tell me I need 1,000 watts to pull her up in the air if I want to go vertical.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=387725

Do I get the Elite 10or 18 for this vertical flight?
Thanks for the note, The Elite 18 will do the job easily producing 1000+ Watts and can swing a very larg prop to move the Condor vertical if you wish. The Elite 10 is also a great motor and will put out over 600 atts easily.

Hope this helps you? The Condor is a really nice ship!
CW
Site Sponsor