HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 25, 2005, 04:24 PM
Panama City Beach, FL.
Joined Aug 2002
704 Posts
Pentax Optio 5si question on camera files format

I was wondering if anyone that could help me out with the Optio series cameras. I have gone completely thru the Users manual looking for how
the "Folder and Files" are handled by the camera..

What I mean, the display shows in the right hand corner a number such as
100-125 the pentax manual describes this number the first (100) as the folder number and the second as the photo number (125).

When I deleted the SD card from the computer..using the exployer function of delete..when I go to use the camera, the folder is the same, but the number for the photo has been incremented to 126..It did not zero out the
number from the previous session, even though I told the camera to erase the sd card photo's. ( did not erase the number of the photo's taken, just starts were I left off..126....

What am I missing here, can anyone point me to a solution or how you reset just the folder and file data in the camera?

This is most likely the same on the earlier versions of the Optio such as the 3-4 series also..

I do not see a user support forum at the Pentax web site..

Thanks BobFlyer
BobFlyer is offline Find More Posts by BobFlyer
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 25, 2005, 04:39 PM
Clear Lake City Metroport, Texas, United States
Joined Aug 2004
301 Posts
This is a setting under Menu->Rec Mode->Memory->File #

If checked, the camera will remember the last file number and keep incrementing.
pimmer is offline Find More Posts by pimmer
Old Apr 25, 2005, 05:31 PM
Panama City Beach, FL.
Joined Aug 2002
704 Posts
File number

Thanks..I saw that, however, I did not know exactly what I was checking or unchecking..

Thanks BobFlyer..
BobFlyer is offline Find More Posts by BobFlyer