SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old May 05, 2005, 01:56 AM
God's gift to mankind for flying anything.
Joined Aug 2004
3,090 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by discod
I think they were just waiting to see if Wade was going to crash into you!!
Poor Wade......, he has apologised four times now........

He was wondering why he could not control his wing. Checked at home and it was almost broken in half from hitting the goal poles.
indoruwet is offline Find More Posts by indoruwet
to remove ads between posts
Old May 05, 2005, 09:56 PM
Accomplished RCNewb
Provo, Utah
Joined Nov 2004
788 Posts
any of you guys from the provo area? if so where do you fly?
freedomflyer is offline Find More Posts by freedomflyer
Old May 05, 2005, 11:00 PM
Chad-o-rama
Pleasant Grove, UT
Joined Nov 2004
48 Posts
Yeah - we fly in Orem, PG, Lehi, Highland... and anywhere else we can find a field big enough (without baseball or soccer). Check out the Utah County Thread for specifics. We're pretty informal, so there isn't a specific time or place... You can find maps to the most popular places at the UFO Website.
FrontSeat is offline Find More Posts by FrontSeat
Old May 06, 2005, 06:58 AM
Loveland, Colorado
Joined Mar 2000
1,997 Posts
Hey Brian, I was just doing a search and found your post. The MSW 250 has been video taped doing 63 m.p.h. on the stock setup. This is flying straight and level. We used a radar gun to establish the speed. It was also radared independently by a guy in Florida at 63 m.p.h.

I can't tell from your picture, but is your prop on the right way? The lettering on the prop has to face forward. It will fly with the prop backwards, but it doesn't fly nearly as fast.

-- Acer
Acer is offline Find More Posts by Acer
Old May 06, 2005, 09:32 AM
My Bulldog is my copilot ..
Joined Feb 2004
2,263 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acer
Hey Brian, I was just doing a search and found your post. The MSW 250 has been video taped doing 63 m.p.h. on the stock setup. This is flying straight and level. We used a radar gun to establish the speed. It was also radared independently by a guy in Florida at 63 m.p.h.

I can't tell from your picture, but is your prop on the right way? The lettering on the prop has to face forward. It will fly with the prop backwards, but it doesn't fly nearly as fast.

-- Acer
Acer,

Thanks for the reply... Don't get me wrong, your MSW 250 is FAST! (i do have the prop on the right way). I've even had a few people not believe me when i tell them its a $1 brushed motor on a 2s pack.

Everybody says its easily doing 60mph... I think i was expecting something that was harder to control.

BTW, Great job on the Kit and design! It was a very easy build and its taken all the abuse i can give it! (I've destroyed 2 lipo packs doing very stupid/amusing things ).

~Brian
TheLost is offline Find More Posts by TheLost
Old May 06, 2005, 01:16 PM
Loveland, Colorado
Joined Mar 2000
1,997 Posts
No problem I thought there might have been something wrong.

If you want even better speed, stick an Astro 010 14T and an APC 4.75x4.75 prop on there and use 3 cells. This setup pulls only about 6A and flies the wing at around 80 m.p.h., or you can just get a Razor motor and have rediculous speeds and full vertical

-- Acer
Acer is offline Find More Posts by Acer
Old May 13, 2005, 10:24 AM
Joined Aug 2004
3,090 Posts
Wade and I are in St. George this week end.
Jet fly-in.
A bit faster than wings....

See yah guys later.
Old May 14, 2005, 10:55 PM
Lee
PERFECT LANDING !!!
USA, UT, Orem
Joined Jul 2004
9,103 Posts
We need to change the time for the club WW foam cut.

How many of you can cut at 8:30 AM on Saturday the 21st of May???

If you can help us cut, please make a posting on the thread called "LEE'S WW UPDATE for UFO club members". If the weather is good we can still go fly as long as we are done by 3PM so I can get to my other obligations.

Sorry if it causes any inconvenience. I will post this in the different forums and I hope that everyone gets the word.

I will need about 6 people to set up the production line but everyone is welcome.

Lee
Lee is offline Find More Posts by Lee
Old May 17, 2005, 09:55 PM
Joined Aug 2004
3,090 Posts
The Dixie Jet Ralley in St. George was pretty good again this past week-end.
Some reports about it on :
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/dixi...2969991/tm.htm

The last pic with the green sport jet is from Wade.
I heard him mumble about going electric with it.......

Looks like good weather this week. Will try behind the ice rink (State/53 s.) again.
Old May 23, 2005, 06:50 PM
Kearns, Utah
Joined Aug 2004
156 Posts
Did every body quit flying in Salt Lake or did they just quit posting? I have been sitting on the sidelines waiting for someone to post that they fly in the evening, but it just hasn't happened. Questions, questions questions?
Alvin
onecb is online now Find More Posts by onecb
Old May 23, 2005, 10:26 PM
Utah Flyers
Farmington, UT
Joined Dec 2004
1,638 Posts
I want to get out sometime during the week to fly. Maybe in the late afternoon. The park that we once called Taylorsville is pretty convenient I also found another park that is even more convenient just behind the driveIns on Redwood Rd. called Glen Weaver memorial park. Curently my ww is out of comision. I let my brother fly and he did a nose dive and all the guts popped out. It pulled out the wires on my speed controler. I tried soldering them it worked for a little while but I think it is now fried. Im curently waiting for a brushless esc and moter from balsa products to stick on my slow stick. Until then im just on a brushed slow stick to get my flying fix. Maybe sometime next week I could meet up with someone. I also purchased a digital radio recently and tried to buddy box and fried it as well so not much luck lately which has really set me back.

-Nate
natetanr is offline Find More Posts by natetanr
Old May 24, 2005, 12:32 AM
Joined Aug 2004
3,090 Posts
It has been a bit windy lately, but I was doing the same thing, waiting for somebody to say they were going to fly somewhere around Taylorsville.
We also "found" another place to be a good flying area. It is behind the Icerink on 53th and State. Discod showed us. Big football field. Just do not land on the roof please......

Nate: How did you "fry" your set-up ? Hard to believe you fried it by just buddy-boxing it.
Old May 24, 2005, 09:38 AM
Joined Jun 2001
343 Posts
I finished my WW late last night. Finally. I'm going to go to the Taylorsville/Valley park around 5:30 to give it a maiden flight. Fingers crossed.
nybpete is offline Find More Posts by nybpete
Old May 24, 2005, 10:08 AM
Joined Aug 2004
3,090 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nybpete
I finished my WW late last night. Finally. I'm going to go to the Taylorsville/Valley park around 5:30 to give it a maiden flight. Fingers crossed.
Ok, See yah there

J.
Old May 24, 2005, 11:55 AM
Utah Flyers
Farmington, UT
Joined Dec 2004
1,638 Posts
Tonight

Im going to probably show up at Taylorsville as well. I will have to bring my son as my wife will be busy. Maybe you can give me some advise on my fried computer radio. I think I may have had the battery in the slave box and the power might have been turned on. It was working fine for a while. Anyway im looking forward to see a ww maiden. Be carefull though, Joey likes to fly very close to the restrooms and trees there.
natetanr is offline Find More Posts by natetanr