HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 01, 2005, 01:21 PM
My Bulldog is my copilot ..
Joined Feb 2004
2,263 Posts
Anybody else fly sunday? No wind, slight cloud cover... great day!

I finished my very first Wing saturday and was able to give it about 45mins of airtime this morning... It was a blast.. but i expected a little more speed

On my last flight i was goofing around and somehow dumped it straight down onto a 3 foot asphalt walking path.. No damage to the plane but my Lipo looked like an accordion . I had to dispose of it

These things are tough!

~Brian

PS. You may notice its not a Pocket Combat Wing 250 like i ordered. SloFly sent me a MiniSpeedWing 250 by mistake. Steve (the owner) said he'd send me out the PCW but i decided to keep the MSW.
TheLost is offline Find More Posts by TheLost
to remove ads between posts
Old May 01, 2005, 02:06 PM
God's gift to mankind for flying anything.
Joined Aug 2004
3,090 Posts
Where did you fly ? Moab ??
indoruwet is offline Find More Posts by indoruwet
Old May 01, 2005, 05:30 PM
My Bulldog is my copilot ..
Joined Feb 2004
2,263 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by indoruwet
Where did you fly ? Moab ??
I wish... this weekend i was stuck in S. Joradn.
TheLost is offline Find More Posts by TheLost
Old May 02, 2005, 10:30 AM
Joined Apr 2005
24 Posts
I will be flying today at lunch today (12:00) at Murray Park 5300 S. State on the big field in the lower left corner of this picture. http://davehales.com/parks/53sstate.jpg
discod is offline Find More Posts by discod
Old May 02, 2005, 06:33 PM
Joined Aug 2004
3,090 Posts
Wish I could have been there Dave. My sister in law borrowed my car and all my batteries were in that car. Shucks....
Old May 03, 2005, 10:31 AM
Joined Aug 2004
3,090 Posts
Who is flying today and where ???
Old May 03, 2005, 10:52 AM
Joined Apr 2005
24 Posts
Joey, I plan on flying again today at noon. I think I will go to the same field as yesterday, its nice because there are no people there since you have to have a permit to use the field for play but the airspace is open .

It's actually 1 block east of state street behind the Salt Lake County Ice Arena. There is a football field with extra tall goalposts to fly through (or hit) or a soccer field thats more open.

Or I will be happy to go to another park.
Last edited by discod; May 03, 2005 at 10:58 AM.
Old May 03, 2005, 12:33 PM
Joined Aug 2004
3,090 Posts
Where exactly is the SLC ICe arena ??
Old May 03, 2005, 12:39 PM
Joined Apr 2005
24 Posts
1 block east of 5300 s. ans state street. After you pass state going east take your first left up a short hill and turn in to the parking lot.
Old May 03, 2005, 01:12 PM
sandy, ut
Joined Jan 2005
251 Posts
cool i just found this page. i fly at falcon park most of the time i'll probably be there around 3:00 today. i don't have any wings yet but here are the last two i just built. the formosa and corsair have a komodo kh-278 and a cool running esc. i ust learned how to do the blender thats a blast. i will keep an eye on this thread and try and meet up at a fly meet or some thing.
darkfly is offline Find More Posts by darkfly
Old May 03, 2005, 02:38 PM
Joined Aug 2004
3,090 Posts
Whaddayah mean no wings.....
I can see two now, with extra little wings behind them.....

Had a fun noon fly behind the Ice Rink with Dave and Wade. Wade must have tried to give me a haircut, but he missed.... nanananah...
Old May 03, 2005, 02:47 PM
Joined Apr 2005
24 Posts
Quote:
Whaddayah mean no wings.....
I can see two now, with extra little wings behind them.....

Had a fun noon fly behind the Ice Rink with Dave and Wade. Wade must have tried to give me a haircut, but he missed.... nanananah...
I had a fun time with you guys too. Let's do it again soon. I can just say it's a good thing you are not 1 inch taller Joey or you might have been bald
Old May 04, 2005, 12:25 AM
Joined Aug 2004
3,090 Posts
Dave:
Did you happen to see that truck that parked accross from us ? When Wade left, he saw them drive in and was worried that they were "after us". I think it was somebody from the parks division or something. All I remember was that they parked there and kind of kept looking at us.

BTW, since that place has those goals there, and essentially no trees, it is actually better than Valley Regional Park (correct name now) in Taylorsville. Those goal post are kinda fun to fly through....... if you make it without hitting the poles.......
Old May 04, 2005, 10:13 AM
Joined Aug 2004
3,090 Posts
Out of commision for a while....

....since I inadvertently programmed two functions on one switch. Now my radio (Futaba FP-T8UAP) is locked up. Of course they did not have a reset thingy anywhere for the user, so I have to sent it to the service center.
Old May 04, 2005, 02:45 PM
Joined Apr 2005
24 Posts
Quote:
Dave:
Did you happen to see that truck that parked accross from us ? When Wade left, he saw them drive in and was worried that they were "after us". I think it was somebody from the parks division or something. All I remember was that they parked there and kind of kept looking at us.
Yes I did see the truck, they actually were there the day before but didn't say anything to me. I will be surprised if they ever kick us out of there since we aren't really using the field in terms of causing any wear or damage to it. If they do tell us we need a permit then I will see about getting one because I agree it is a great place to fly! I think they were just waiting to see if Wade was going to crash into you!!