SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old May 07, 2012, 01:51 AM
Crash....Fix......repeat.
United States, UT, Eagle Mountain
Joined Jan 2012
451 Posts
So this is near where I used to live in West Jordan, its pretty close to the spots that you guys have posted, a little more north though. No light posts, or power lines, and no nearby buildings which create dirty air. Anyways, just another idea.

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=40.614...num=1&t=h&z=18

I've only seen cars on this road a couple times.....very very little traffic. Plus there is a dirt road right next to the paved road. Other than that, its wide open space!
kokopropelli is offline Find More Posts by kokopropelli
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 17, 2012, 10:16 AM
United States, UT, Saratoga Springs
Joined Mar 2010
456 Posts
How are conditions at Grantsville #2 these days? Thinking about making a trip out there.

Justin
the_walrus is offline Find More Posts by the_walrus
Old Jul 22, 2012, 10:29 PM
Almost out of epoxy
Salt Lake City
Joined Sep 2007
606 Posts
All right people. I need some motivation! Name a time and place and get me to come fly with you. Evan, I still have your motor! Arghhh, what a jerk I am for hanging on to it for so long. Someone give me a reason to come fly!!
Done Crashing is offline Find More Posts by Done Crashing
Old Jul 23, 2012, 08:52 AM
Never enough time to fly!
SLC, UT
Joined Sep 2006
1,443 Posts
I just got back from a two week vacation. Really busy at work this week but maybe next.
ecase is offline Find More Posts by ecase
Old Jul 29, 2012, 12:58 AM
More Combat Please!
Utah
Joined Dec 2003
7,857 Posts
Hey all you Salt Lake RC fans. I just wanted to pass along the flyer for the St. George Warbird fly-in this October. They've moved the date up this year hoping to aim for better weather, so mark it on your calendars. Nothing like a good RC roadtrip!
Wind_of_Change is offline Find More Posts by Wind_of_Change
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 30, 2012, 10:35 AM
definitely a madman with a box
United States, UT, South Jordan
Joined Sep 2011
132 Posts
For those who are spearheading the effort to get Salt Lake County to re-build the model port: I was reading the August 2012 issue of Model Aviation and noticed on page 17 this: (partial excerpt)

Flying site assistance:
Information, case studies & more
Clubs are fortunate to have a resource in Tony
Stillman, AMA’s national flying site assistance
coordinator. Helping 2,394 clubs with one of their most
critical issues—getting and keeping a flying site—is a
big task, and one that requires sizeable resources.

I was wondering if anyone has utilized this resource? It seems that a big county like Salt Lake County not having an official AMA flying site might be of interest to the AMA?

Here is a link to where you can see it if you don't get the magazine: http://www.modelaviation.com/images/covers/AUG2012.pdf
MadManWithABox is offline Find More Posts by MadManWithABox
Old Jul 30, 2012, 10:52 AM
More Combat Please!
Utah
Joined Dec 2003
7,857 Posts
The UTE club leadership has had interaction with Tony Stillman on the project. He's offered to help in any way he can, but the club leadership feels that there's not much he can do under the present circumstances.

For those of you interested in attending fly-ins, the Logan Bridgerland club is hosting their annual Electri-Fly-In event this weekend. Be sure to drag your electron-driven fleets up and enjoy a weekend at one of the state's most beautiful air fields.
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 22, 2012, 11:45 PM
More Combat Please!
Utah
Joined Dec 2003
7,857 Posts
Couple of upcoming flying events some of you pilots may want to be aware of:

September 1 - The Monticello, UT club is hosting a first annual fly-in event. The local general aviation airport is being turned over to the club as their airfield, and they want to throw a big shin-dig. They are asking, begging, pleading with any pilots from the state who can make the drive down to come support the event. It could become a premiere location for interstate contest events if there's enough support from our community of flyers. http://www.monticelloutah.org/FlyIn.aspx

September 7-8 - the Grantsville Non-Event Fly-In out at the #2 Salt Flats flying site. This one is a great open-sky anything goes event. No rules, no food, no toilet... just a lot of great guys having fun. I've gone to this the past few years and it's very casual and relaxing.

September 15th - Farmington Fly-In (just across from Lagoon). They will be doing a combat session. I don't have an address for this field, but Duke from Logan told me he'd been attending this the past few years and really liked it. Another no-cost casual event that's gotten fairly large.

September 22nd - UNCIVIL WAR! Orem Sod Farm by the Lake. Be there or be LAME! Combat, Limbo, Bowling, Pizza, Prizes, Fun!

October 11-14 - WARBIRDS over ST. GEORGE!
An event worth getting in the dog-house with the wife and family over!
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 24, 2012, 10:04 AM
SLC, UT
Joined Sep 2006
1,443 Posts
Combat anyone? Radian Pro gliding anyone? Anyone? Hello?
Old Sep 24, 2012, 10:22 AM
Proud RC Addict
United States, UT, American Fork
Joined Nov 2009
1,558 Posts
I work around 45th south. I could do some combat at lunches now and then.
dennisjm is offline Find More Posts by dennisjm
Old Sep 24, 2012, 10:28 AM
SLC, UT
Joined Sep 2006
1,443 Posts
I work on 700 W about 3600 S. Maybe a couple more guys will join us.
Old Nov 21, 2012, 08:10 AM
Joined Sep 2012
90 Posts
Anyone interested in meeting up Friday morning at Millrace Park (1200W 5400So) while the girls are Black Friday Shopping??? Combat, Crash tests, etc? Don't know what we will have for weather yet...
jjisme is offline Find More Posts by jjisme
Old Nov 21, 2012, 09:03 AM
SLC, UT
Joined Sep 2006
1,443 Posts
Man, on any other Black Friday, I would have jumped at the chance. But this time we are tending grandkids for the day.
Old Nov 21, 2012, 10:13 AM
Joined Sep 2012
90 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecase View Post
Man, on any other Black Friday, I would have jumped at the chance. But this time we are tending grandkids for the day.
Been there doing that too, I can go pretty much anytime just post a note & I'll try to make it!!!
jjisme is offline Find More Posts by jjisme
Old Nov 21, 2012, 07:40 PM
Kearns, Utah
Joined Aug 2004
156 Posts
Where is that park?
onecb is offline Find More Posts by onecb