HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 09, 2006, 03:29 PM
Herriman, Utah
Joined Aug 2005
49 Posts
baseball_man14

I think Brian or someone had mentioned a field over by the South Jordan Fire Station, approx 10400 S. 4000 W., where they had flown. I'm sure there are other decent places to fly in S. Jordan. There are a couple of good parks out here in Herriman also. Butterfield Park and one just off of 13400 S. and approx 4800 W. Hope that helps.

Dave
Electric_D is offline Find More Posts by Electric_D
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 09, 2006, 04:26 PM
My Bulldog is my copilot ..
Joined Feb 2004
2,263 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electric_D
baseball_man14

I think Brian or someone had mentioned a field over by the South Jordan Fire Station, approx 10400 S. 4000 W., where they had flown.
I flew there for a few years.. The houses are slowly creeping in though. There are still some nice large fields at the end of 104th.

Jordan High School has a good field if you can get up before the joggers.

Send me a PM if you want a more specific list.. I lived in that area for 8 years (flew that area for ~3 years).

~Brian
TheLost is offline Find More Posts by TheLost
Old Oct 11, 2006, 07:38 PM
Joined Jun 2001
343 Posts
Anyone want to fly at the oval on Saturday AM? It should be beautiful weather, unlike last week. We did manage to fly in the only non-rainy part of the day though.
nybpete is offline Find More Posts by nybpete
Old Oct 12, 2006, 10:14 AM
Dominate the Sky!
Kearns, Ut
Joined Sep 2006
5 Posts
I'm in.......
kd7kna is offline Find More Posts by kd7kna
Old Oct 13, 2006, 11:29 AM
Joined Aug 2004
8 Posts
I'm in, too. What time are you thinking?
rpardey is offline Find More Posts by rpardey
Old Oct 13, 2006, 01:26 PM
Joined Jun 2001
343 Posts
Crap... I think the Silent Flyers group is going to do a contest at the kearns oval field this Saturday. Couple of options, we could plan on the Taylorsville park, and take chances with Soccer/Frisbee players, or we could try and fly earlier or later at the oval.

The silent flyers group don't play well with others at the kearns field, and it's not worth the hassle to push the point they don't own the field. I like to fly, not fight about flying.
Old Oct 13, 2006, 02:51 PM
Joined Aug 2004
8 Posts
I'd vote for Taylorsville - we don't know their schedule, and the glider guys were at the oval for quite a while last time. I didn't like dealing with them, either.

On a more fun note, I may have GPS telemetry from my plane tomorrow - we'll see if I can get the GPS module to play nice with the radios and my laptop. I'll definitely have the remote video setup...
rpardey is offline Find More Posts by rpardey
Old Oct 13, 2006, 03:49 PM
Joined Jun 2001
343 Posts
I plan on showing up at the taylorsville park around 8:30.
Old Oct 14, 2006, 12:33 PM
Dominate the Sky!
Kearns, Ut
Joined Sep 2006
5 Posts
I was at Taylorsville Park at 8:30 to just before 9 but didn't see anyone else there. Even went to the Oval and watched the glider guys for a bit. Sure wish I could have met up with someone this morning.........
kd7kna is offline Find More Posts by kd7kna
Old Oct 14, 2006, 02:20 PM
Magna, UT
Joined Jan 2004
211 Posts
Hey, what do you guys fly at Taylorsville park?
Renegade-I is offline Find More Posts by Renegade-I
Old Oct 14, 2006, 07:55 PM
Kearns, Utah
Joined Aug 2004
156 Posts
kd7kna I was there also but I didn't recognize you and I don't like to fly alone at Taylorsville Park. We'll catch you next time.
Renegade-1 we fly anything small that you set down on grass.
Alvin
onecb is online now Find More Posts by onecb
Old Oct 15, 2006, 02:41 PM
Joined Jun 2001
343 Posts
Rpardey and I were at the Taylorsvile park, I showed up around 8:45. Sorry we missed you guys. We were flying over the ungroomed frisbee park area.
Old Oct 17, 2006, 12:40 PM
Joined Jun 2001
343 Posts
I'm planning to fly at the oval at 6 on Wednesday. Come join me.
Old Oct 19, 2006, 01:41 PM
How do I change this text?
The Beautiful Mountains of Utah
Joined Oct 2006
6,230 Posts
Licensing question from a newbie

Hi,
I'm new to the group and new to flying. I just bought a 3 channel electric trainer and I'm loving it. I'm wondering though about whether I need a license to fly my plane. Is there a website that explains when an AMA license is needed and whether it is based on locality or type/size of plane? Also, does anyone know of cities along the Wasatch Front where local ordinances prohibit electric park flyers or an easy way I could find out? Thanks
Darth_Elevator is offline Find More Posts by Darth_Elevator
Old Oct 20, 2006, 10:45 AM
Joined Jun 2001
343 Posts
You don't need a license for park flyers. You only need AMA if you are flying at an AMA field. I don't know of any local ordinances prohibiting park flyers. Just use good sense when around other people and property and you shouldn't have any problems.