Brent
nybpete is offline Find More Posts by nybpete
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 12, 2006, 09:30 PM
Utah Flyers
Farmington, UT
Joined Dec 2004
1,638 Posts
OK Brent, I have added the Utah Olympic Park to the locations list http://www.utahflyers.org/location2.php
natetanr is offline Find More Posts by natetanr
Old Sep 12, 2006, 09:40 PM
Flying Free
Utah
Joined Aug 2001
1,938 Posts
gloves

Quote:
Originally Posted by natetanr
Sounds promissing Pete. Give me the lat and longitude of the oval and I will get it posted on the locations section of our website. It would be fun to get some combat in come January. Wear your gloves.
Speaking of gloves. I found some fleece gloves at REI a few years ago that I use for winter flying. They are great for me because I am a "thumb" flyer. And the thumbs and fingers have the flaps. I've seen these gloves before, that are kind of like a mitten, and the flap over the fingers can be folded back, so inside it is like a glove without the fingertips. But these gloves also have a thumb flap. I would fly fast and hard then warm my thumb tips on th warm battery pack.
Eric
erashby is offline Find More Posts by erashby
Old Sep 22, 2006, 12:32 AM
Utah Flyers
Farmington, UT
Joined Dec 2004
1,638 Posts
I just ruined a nice 1320 prolight tp 3cell I left it plugged in my plane and forgot about it. Ugh...... Just a reminder to everyone dont forget to unplug your bateries.

Also I have a shipment of foam on its way. PM me if you would like a wing.
Old Oct 01, 2006, 10:45 PM
Dominate the Sky!
Kearns, Ut
Joined Sep 2006
5 Posts
The name is Mike and have been flying RCs off and on for years (more off then on). Now Nate has gotten me hooked on wild wings. Is there any location and time in SL county that I might find other wild wing flyers having at it? Nate and I have been flying at lunch (12pm) at a nice location at the U of Utah whenever the weather is good and we don't have meetings. Is anyone interested in joining in?
kd7kna is offline Find More Posts by kd7kna
Old Oct 02, 2006, 09:28 AM
Joined Jun 2001
343 Posts
Hi mike. Welcome. I live in kearns as well and like to fly behind the Oly oval. Best flying site I have ever seen. I have a heavy WWMax I need to try and maiden soon. Maybe we could meet up sometime at the oval. I don't know if I'll have time before Saturday, but Saturday morning would be good for me, if the weather isn't nasty. I have a couple of other friends in the area I'm trying to get flying too, maybe I'll invite them as well.
Old Oct 02, 2006, 01:20 PM
Utah Flyers
Farmington, UT
Joined Dec 2004
1,638 Posts
I might be able to drive up from ogden as well on a Saturday maybe I could drag JStot along. It would be nice to have a swarm of wings. Much easier to make contact when there are more targets. Id like to see the oval.
Old Oct 02, 2006, 05:54 PM
Kearns, Utah
Joined Aug 2004
156 Posts
Post it here if you go and I will try and be there also.
onecb is online now Find More Posts by onecb
Old Oct 04, 2006, 10:15 AM
Joined Jun 2001
343 Posts
How about Saturday 8AM at the oval?
Old Oct 05, 2006, 12:55 AM
Utah Flyers
Farmington, UT
Joined Dec 2004
1,638 Posts
Sounds good to me. Hopefully the weather holds up.
Old Oct 05, 2006, 01:24 AM
Flying Free
Utah
Joined Aug 2001
1,938 Posts
Darn, I'll be out of town. My old Microjet is dying for some combat. Nate & Jeremy & Reny, I've been flying at the DATC sod farm, but it has been kind of last minute so sorry I haven't called any of you.
Eric
erashby is offline Find More Posts by erashby
Old Oct 05, 2006, 09:01 AM
Utah Flyers
Farmington, UT
Joined Dec 2004
1,638 Posts
If anyone needs a new wing core holler. I have a hot wire cutter setup and have the foam for about 5 more 32" wild wings.

See everyone Saturday 8am at the Kearns Olympic Oval!!!!
Last edited by natetanr; Oct 06, 2006 at 09:57 AM.
Old Oct 07, 2006, 07:41 AM
Utah Flyers
Farmington, UT
Joined Dec 2004
1,638 Posts
Weather is looking crummy but Im still heading out. Sure hope to see some of you over at the Olympic Oval.

-Nate
Old Oct 07, 2006, 08:23 PM
Joined Oct 2006
5 Posts
i am new to this and am wondering if their is anything near south jordan to fly thanx!!!
baseball_man14 is offline Find More Posts by baseball_man14
Old Oct 07, 2006, 10:00 PM
Utah Flyers
Farmington, UT
Joined Dec 2004
1,638 Posts
baseball man, I live in South Ogden but go as far as Provo sometimes to fly with the group. There is so much to learn from everyone and besides half the fun of flying is hanging out with everyone and trying to knock each other out of the sky. If that doesnt work you can just run into them while they are on the ground

Thats what I had to resort to today after not making contact with anyone in the air.

The Olympic Oval is a great flying location.... there are many others. A few that we frequent are listed here http://www.utahflyers.org/location2.php

Maybe someone Closer to South Jordan can offer some suggestions.
Last edited by natetanr; Oct 07, 2006 at 10:31 PM.