Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
View Poll Results: DO you like the Parkzone RTF P-51D Mustang?
Yes 81 84.38%
No (please state why you don't like it below) 15 15.63%
Voters: 96. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
Old Apr 24, 2005, 06:45 PM
San Diego, CA
Joined May 2004
1,328 Posts
Parkzone P-51D Mustang RTF

What are you guys' thoughts on the RTF Stang by Parkzone.. I have read a few articles about it and all the reviews are great. Are there any pics or videos out there of this plane in filght. I would also like to hear some thoughts on this plane.

It is a beautiful lookin war bird. Does this plane have Rudder? What are the thoughts on the A and B flight settings?

JUST SELECT Yes OR No (PLEASE STATE WHY YOU DON'T LIKE IT BELOW)....

Thanks A Ton

Justin
p51flyer is offline Find More Posts by p51flyer
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 24, 2005, 06:50 PM
Purdue Engineering
Joined Jan 2005
2,584 Posts
No, it doesn't have rudder. I have A and B modes on my Stryker, they work like a charm! Just like the add states, "A for mild and B for wild!".
Rocketman1092 is online now Find More Posts by Rocketman1092
Old Apr 24, 2005, 07:05 PM
San Diego, CA
Joined May 2004
1,328 Posts
wouls anyone suggest this model??? I really like it a lot, but I want to learn a ton about it before I go and buy one...

THATS WHERE EVERYONE ELSE COMES IN.... LOL
Old Apr 24, 2005, 07:47 PM
Experienced R/C Repairman
Three Oaks, Michigan
Joined Sep 2003
2,542 Posts
As far as I know, this plane has not been released yet. I read the middle to end of May 2005. It looks interesting, but cannot comment until we have the model in hand. I did read where parkzone servos are very noisy, and some have said they would buy consider buying one, only if the electrics were not included.

Hang in there, I'm sure the demand will outweigh the supply when it's released.
barnyardflyer is online now Find More Posts by barnyardflyer
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 24, 2005, 08:57 PM
Melbourne, Australia
Joined Mar 2005
667 Posts
Can I see some of the reviews please?
Astrix is offline Find More Posts by Astrix
Old Apr 24, 2005, 09:07 PM
Rat
Come get me if you can
Rats nest Grafton ND
Joined Aug 2004
2,249 Posts
My vote was no. This is not a model for beginners and would be a handfull for intermediate pilots according to some of the comments I have read from one of the PZ reps.
Other reasons are the electronics that are installed. 5 wire servos can not be substituted with standard 3 wire servos, receiver and speed control are together thus making an upgrade to a brushless motor etc not possible unless you change out the complete electronics package. It comes in a 27 mhz frequency which is not allowed on many fields. Can not be purchased as a complete ARF type kit ,at a reasonable price (over 110.00 to order the parts to make your own using the PZ airframe parts) were you install your own radio gear.

It might have been a much sweeter package had PZ decided to use the electronics package they are using on the up coming Typhoon RTF.No landing gear. I like to ROG rather then throw my models in the air like a toy.
Rat is offline Find More Posts by Rat
Old Apr 24, 2005, 10:15 PM
San Diego, CA
Joined May 2004
1,328 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rat
My vote was no. This is not a model for beginners and would be a handfull for intermediate pilots according to some of the comments I have read from one of the PZ reps.
Other reasons are the electronics that are installed. 5 wire servos can not be substituted with standard 3 wire servos, receiver and speed control are together thus making an upgrade to a brushless motor etc not possible unless you change out the complete electronics package. It comes in a 27 mhz frequency which is not allowed on many fields. Can not be purchased as a complete ARF type kit ,at a reasonable price (over 110.00 to order the parts to make your own using the PZ airframe parts) were you install your own radio gear.

It might have been a much sweeter package had PZ decided to use the electronics package they are using on the up coming Typhoon RTF.No landing gear. I like to ROG rather then throw my models in the air like a toy.

What exactly do those comments say??? I would just like to know.

From what I have read about this plane, is that it is really cool.
Old Apr 24, 2005, 10:48 PM
Cal
San Gabriel, California
Joined Aug 2004
1,583 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by p51flyer
What are you guys' thoughts on the RTF Stang by Parkzone.. I have read a few articles about it and all the reviews are great.
Justin
There hasn't been any reviews that I know of............Where did you read any reviews ???? The plane is not available yet........
Cal is offline Find More Posts by Cal
Old Apr 24, 2005, 11:03 PM
San Diego, CA
Joined May 2004
1,328 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cal
There hasn't been any reviews that I know of............Where did you read any reviews ???? The plane is not available yet........
Word of mouth... someone that is a friend of a family member has flown one... I guess it is a cool plane. the pics that I have seen off of the Park Zone web site are pretty awesome..
Old Apr 24, 2005, 11:11 PM
MN WATTS Master
United States, MN, Mankato
Joined Jul 2003
7,369 Posts
I'm not fond of the 27mhz radios they put in these things and at the price I'd look at an Alfa kit and some real radio gear.

But as many others have said it is impossible to say untill the plane is out and in the hands of real day to day pilots.
Vintauri is online now Find More Posts by Vintauri
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 25, 2005, 12:37 AM
San Diego, CA
Joined May 2004
1,328 Posts
so are the 27mhz radios really horrible or something? I am not to sure why everyone is ragging on the 27mhz.... explination please...
Old Apr 25, 2005, 03:34 AM
Melbourne, Australia
Joined Mar 2005
667 Posts
Cheap r/c cars that go for $20 use 27mhz radios. If one of them is around when you fly, their radio could quite possibly take down your plane by interference.
Astrix is offline Find More Posts by Astrix
Old Apr 25, 2005, 06:51 AM
Rat
Come get me if you can
Rats nest Grafton ND
Joined Aug 2004
2,249 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astrix
Cheap r/c cars that go for $20 use 27mhz radios. If one of them is around when you fly, their radio could quite possibly take down your plane by interference.

That is true and it will happen. I had a ParkZone model shot down by my kids 50 dollar RC atv last summer. I was out in the field and the duaghter fired up here RC atv in the yard and everything went sour from there. So if someone tells you that a Radio Shack, Walmart, Kmart or Target RC toy will not shoot down your PZ plane, do not beleive them.

There are only 6 different channels available so chances are higher that someone else will be on your channel. You can not change the channels with replacing the electronics.

This is not a beginner model as stated by dribbe (a PZ Rep). This model is targeted toward for higher intermediate to advanced flyers.

I do see that there is a hobby shop in Australia that is offering the kit without electronics but at 99.00 + shipping it is kind of steep.
Rat is offline Find More Posts by Rat
Old Apr 25, 2005, 09:39 AM
I JUST want to FLY!
Wheeling, Il north of Chicago
Joined Oct 2004
920 Posts
What I'm going to do is buy the fuse, tail, and wings and outfit it with a brushless motor. Strengthen the wing and the fuse with carbon fiber and make it fly like a dream. It just looks really nice, almost like alfa models.
JustFly is offline Find More Posts by JustFly
Old Apr 25, 2005, 06:22 PM
San Diego, CA
Joined May 2004
1,328 Posts
yea thats why i like it so much... It looks like an Alfa model... SO ARE YOU GUYS SAYIN THAT THE RADIO EQUIPMENT AND ELECTRONICS ARE UNRELAIBLE???? WILL THIS PLANE FLY WITH THAT ELECTRONIC SETUP THAT PZ HAS SUPPLIED?

if i get this plane I will upgrade it to a 3s 2100maH lipo... the PZ website said that this battery can be used...
Closed Thread