Old Apr 26, 2005, 10:03 PM
Just-Fly-It
Augusta, Ga
Joined Sep 2004
432 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Dude
Sounds good Michael. Have any pics?

Heres what ive decided to build, i dont know how well it flys, but i dont care, its beautiful!
THIS!

Ian
I need to take some shots to post. I am taking photos of the balsa build though. It should be ready to fly in a week of two.
The bipe you chose does look sharp. I bet it will fly great.
Michael
Michael Ga is offline Find More Posts by Michael Ga
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 27, 2005, 06:28 AM
(aka Cliff Lawson)
United Kingdom, Essex
Joined Oct 2001
1,897 Posts
I'd recommend the Sirocco (XLT version) which was posted as a free plan here on Ezone - just search for "Sirocco" in this 3D section and you'll find it. Personally I took the XLT version (wing moved from original) and scaled the plans to 75% which made for a 22.5" span version that is great when cut from a couple of sheets of 3mm Depron and run on either a CD-ROM or a Feigao brushless.

Cliff

Edit: see -

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=248152
and
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=227415
Wright Flyer is offline Find More Posts by Wright Flyer
Old Apr 27, 2005, 11:30 AM
Joined Mar 2005
19 Posts
Hi Cliff, the sirrocco does look nice, i was at old warden the other weekend and i saw it flying over in the distance (im edible_engine in disguise just forgot my passowrd and changed emails so i made the new name) i wish i took a better look at it.

Im pretty much stuck on building the vertigo cos its just gorgeous!
3Dude is offline Find More Posts by 3Dude
Old Apr 28, 2005, 07:35 AM
(aka Cliff Lawson)
United Kingdom, Essex
Joined Oct 2001
1,897 Posts
Hi "Edible",

Noticed you're becoming a regular on RCMF too!

Yup I *really* like the Sirooco but sadly I managed to make mine fail (twice) aerodynamically from snapping it out of spins too hard. So I've got a new set of the plans printed and I'm going to stick that down onto some sheets of Depron as soon as I get a chance - it's a very addictive little plane design and fits into (either) boot of my stupidly small (but fun) car.

BTW I fly mine on a Feigao 12mm brushless in a GWS IPS "B" gearbox which lets a very small, light motor turn a 10x6 on 3S and makes for BUCKET LOADS of torque - which is nice.

Cliff
Wright Flyer is offline Find More Posts by Wright Flyer
Old Mar 28, 2008, 07:22 AM
Rejected User
United States, KY, Berea
Joined Dec 2003
6,641 Posts
The F3X is a freat 3D/pattern plane if built light! Mine was under 7oz RTF and flies great w/rimfire setup and 2 800cells.

But my favorite is the Diablo from 3Dbatix.com! The BEST 3D'er i've ever had for indoor, even better and lighter than my shockies! 7oz. AUW with rimfire swinging 10x3.8SF APC, 3 HS-55's, and 2-3cell 800mAh battery!

Check out my blog for more Diablo pics!
Mchone, Jake is offline Find More Posts by Mchone, Jake
Old Mar 28, 2008, 07:54 AM
massachusetts
Joined Aug 2003
920 Posts
Go to Indoor Pattern / F3 P. There is a whole list of plans.
Look up Tim Hart. Ive built several planes using his plans. Of course you'll need more then just foam. like carbon fiber. Or go to www.foamyfactory.com/plans/F3X-Plans-Letter.zip.
Downwind 1 is offline Find More Posts by Downwind 1
Last edited by Downwind 1; Mar 28, 2008 at 07:59 AM. Reason: Pictures
Old Mar 28, 2008, 08:19 AM
Joined Jul 2007
215 Posts
Hi,
This thread is several years old and hasn't seen activity till today.

It was meant to be..
I've been looking for a new profile plan.
Links to some excellent plans. I'm even going to subscribe to Jake's blog.
Thanks
slickster is offline Find More Posts by slickster
Old Mar 28, 2008, 10:58 AM
Rejected User
United States, KY, Berea
Joined Dec 2003
6,641 Posts
Feel free! I have a lot of plans I can source to you. I still love the Diablo, but for outdoors nothing can beat the 3DBatix.com's FOAMe 3D!! Flies GREAT and the bipe version flies even slower if you like to transition from indoor to outdoor! I fly both outdoors in winds upto 10mph with ease as well as indoors. Both made from 1/4" foam, but the bipe can be made form 3mm and the fuse from 6mm if you fly indoors more often.
Old Mar 28, 2008, 11:04 AM
Joined Dec 2006
56 Posts
Byp Yak, I am on my fourth one, still available on ebay, best I have flown , next to the pitts python.........................................
dstrat1 is offline Find More Posts by dstrat1
Old Mar 28, 2008, 11:11 AM
FoamyFactory.com
USA, TX, Fort Worth
Joined Nov 2001
4,344 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstrat1
Byp Yak, I am on my fourth one, still available on ebay, best I have flown , next to the pitts python.........................................
Wow, this thread does date back a bit... Shameless plug here Pitts Python Thread Thanks for the kudos!!!!

I need to get another one in the air! I need to finish my 40" full fuse version too I'm trying to get an EPP version of the 40" 3DX going too, but I need to get some more EPP first.

Tim H.
Tim H. is offline Find More Posts by Tim H.
Old Mar 28, 2008, 01:17 PM
Crash & Burn
Glastonbury, CT
Joined Nov 2004
2,501 Posts
This one is great though you may need some CF strips for the wings if all you have is 3mm. I made one from Depron and it flew great.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=606425
rmgmag is offline Find More Posts by rmgmag
Old Oct 13, 2009, 02:58 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2009
23 Posts
The Foamy Factory 3DX
piloto22 is offline Find More Posts by piloto22
Old Oct 13, 2009, 10:48 PM
Rejected User
United States, KY, Berea
Joined Dec 2003
6,641 Posts
That one flies much like the E-Flight Tribute foamy, a great 3D trainer, but lacks a lot compaired with most any other "modern" 3D/perecition foamy.