SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Apr 24, 2005, 01:38 PM
R U killing the kittens?
Chaos, UC
Joined Jun 2003
1,585 Posts
Multiplex Easy Glider - looks like a good durable plane for slope and thermals.

I was thinking of getting one of these:
Easy Glider

71" wingspan. 25 oz. AUW. Aileron,elevator, rudder control.

My daughter has the Easy Star, and Its a great plane, nice and tough, flies great actually for a trainer....

...so I figured the Easy Glider would be a good plane too.

Would be a lot of fun on the slope and thermaling.

It is pretty much the same stuff as EPP ( they call it Elopar? ).

If the wings dissasemble like the Easy Star, it would be an awesome backpacking plane.....dont have to worry about damage when hauling it around.

artmonster is offline Find More Posts by artmonster
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 24, 2005, 03:41 PM
Kamikazi
Central PA
Joined Oct 2003
687 Posts
Yep - got one on order at Tower
There is a large thread on it already...
Greg_Granville is offline Find More Posts by Greg_Granville
Old Apr 24, 2005, 03:54 PM
R U killing the kittens?
Chaos, UC
Joined Jun 2003
1,585 Posts
cool !

didnt see the thread
artmonster is offline Find More Posts by artmonster
Old Apr 24, 2005, 05:41 PM
Proud member of LISF and ESL
LI, New York, USA
Joined Mar 2003
24,526 Posts
My friend has one that was brought back from Germany. This is one sweet plane. Flies great off a soft hi-start. We have been using a Dynaflite standard hi-start. I think it could take a launch from a Dynaflite HD, or a NESail Pinnacle medium or standard. Smooth, stable on the launch. Very easy to fly.

There is a 20" carbon wing rod. Wings slide onto it and are just press fit into the plane. So easy.

We were flying in about 10 mph winds today with gusts to maybe 10 mph. No problem flying it, but no real penetration into the wind. We did not ballast it.

I flew it into a tree at he end of the day. Put a dent/cut int the wing. Not too serious. As I understand it, you pour boiliing water over the foam and it goes back to its original shape. Then you slip in some medium CA and she glues up tight.

Have not taken it to the slope but I think it will do OK in moderate conditions. Not sure how it will ballst up.

So far so good!
aeajr is offline Find More Posts by aeajr
Old Apr 26, 2005, 06:36 AM
Horned one
Vigo, Spain
Joined Sep 2004
759 Posts
Not to nitpick, but as I mentioned in the other thread, the wing rod is fiberglass, not carbon. I have posted my experience with this plane in the other thread if you're interested.
zero-zero is offline Find More Posts by zero-zero
Old Apr 26, 2005, 07:11 AM
Coimbra, Portugal
Joined Feb 2000
875 Posts
I bet this glider will be BIG hit.
As Ive seen in a French magazine:

"a va faire un tabac !"

Lots of slopes with great dynamics over here but "lots of stones" too ("muita pedra", "mucha piedra").

Cheers, Joo
joao is offline Find More Posts by joao