HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 24, 2001, 02:36 PM
hanford,ca,usa
Joined Oct 2000
227 Posts
pink wing for GWS drive

hi all i remembered a thread in the foamies section about a guy selling a pink foam wing for the lite stick gear and was wandering if any one had info as i would like to get one......john
johnpmartins is offline Find More Posts by johnpmartins
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 24, 2001, 09:47 PM
Radix malorum est cupiditas
Joined Jul 2000
460 Posts
I posted this about the pink wing you seek - its called a Flitter-B. Haven't built mine yet.
http://www.ezonemag.com/disc/Forum1/HTML/006233.html

the contact given on the instructions is
gsutz@aol.com
radix2 is offline Find More Posts by radix2
Old Apr 25, 2001, 12:49 AM
Strange Plane Central
Poway (near San Diego), CA US
Joined Dec 2000
1,884 Posts
Bill Griggs has a pink foam plane for the the GWS geared unit
frankenfoamy is offline Find More Posts by frankenfoamy
Old Apr 26, 2001, 12:22 AM
Space Coast USA
Space Coast
Joined Oct 2000
21,015 Posts
Looks like a piece of T-52 wing without the holes. Give you any ideas????
hoppy

ps. Anybody put the Walmart Glider wing on a Litestik yet??

[This message has been edited by hoppy (edited 04-25-2001).]
hoppy is offline Find More Posts by hoppy
Old Apr 26, 2001, 07:36 PM
St. Paul, MN
Joined Feb 2001
337 Posts
I picked up a kit at the Iowa indoor fly in early spring. Greg Sutter was the gentleman's name. Email: gsutz@aol.com

Going to build it next month, I promise!

Chad
towlebooth is offline Find More Posts by towlebooth
Old May 15, 2001, 07:15 PM
mercer Island
Joined Apr 2001
120 Posts
how do these things fly in compairson to the lite stik? IE} speed, aerobatics, and flight time. thanks.
cheapflyr is offline Find More Posts by cheapflyr
Old May 16, 2001, 08:31 AM
aka: A.Roger Wilfong
Novi, Michigan, United States
Joined Jan 2001
2,532 Posts
I picked one up at Toledo and built it in a couple of hours one night. While I like building stick models, after a frustrating (read - futile) day at work it's theraputic to actually finish something in one sitting. But I digress. I found the instructions a bit sketchy, but you can easily figure things out by just looking at the pictures - there are so few parts that it's difficult to put it together wrong.

I've flown it at the local school yard a half dozen evenings in the last couple of weeks. My setup is a LiteStik "A" drive with an APC 10-7 slowflyer, GWS Rx & ESC, HS-50's and and the same 7 cell Radical NiMh pack I use on the LiteStik & an Eclipse Tx.

I'd characterize its flight characteristics as more like a Zagi than a LiteStik, but I don't think it has the Zagi's survivability. Lay on the volts and it'll climb out at 45 degrees and while it's no pylon ship, it's easily twice as fast as the LiteStik in level flight. If you throttle back, it'll loaf around the field at about the same speed as the LiteStik. I'm still feeling it out the handling so I haven't tried too much. It'll loop from level flight as long as you've got good speed going in. My rolls are still ragged, but I think that's more me trying to stay in the small area than the plane. Pull the nose up, kick full rudder and then push the nose back down and it'll turn around in less than the width of the wing - but it looses alot of energy (hence the nose down exit). Making a more reasonable turn, it maintains its energy.

I try to fly in calm weather (it's more relaxing) but I've had the Fitter-B out in 5-7 mile an hour winds - things get dicey near the up wind edge of the field due to turbulence off of the trees and a two story apartment building onthe west end of the field. The plane can penetrate the wind, but the turbulence bounces around a lot. The only time I had the LiteStik out at this field in similar wind conditions, it was all I could do to get it back on the ground with only a broken wing dowel.

Hope that answers some of your questions.

- Roger
gnofliwr is offline Find More Posts by gnofliwr
Old May 16, 2001, 09:23 AM
WAR
Austin, TX, USA
Joined Apr 2001
70 Posts
gnofliwr, what did you pick up in Toledo? The Pink Shadow by Bill Griggs or what? Name please ...
WAR is offline Find More Posts by WAR
Old May 16, 2001, 08:30 PM
Radix malorum est cupiditas
Joined Jul 2000
460 Posts
http://members.home.net/kleppek/pics/flitterb.jpg

gnofliwr has a Flitter-B

[This message has been edited by radix2 (edited 05-16-2001).]
radix2 is offline Find More Posts by radix2
Old May 16, 2001, 09:43 PM
Stupid gravity!
Trinity, FL
Joined Jul 1999
1,516 Posts
You can order the Flitter-B ($34.95) or the Flitter-400 ($40)from Greg Sutter at Gsutz@aol.com

He takes Paypal or you can mail him a check. I just ordered a Flitter-B.
docphi is offline Find More Posts by docphi
Old May 17, 2001, 07:20 AM
aka: A.Roger Wilfong
Novi, Michigan, United States
Joined Jan 2001
2,532 Posts
I picked up both the Flitter-B and the Pink Shadow at Toledo (also an X250).

The comments above were about the Flitter-B.

I had one evening free a couple of weeks ago so I opened both the Flitter-B and the Pink Shadow. The Flitter-B looked like I could finish it in one sitting - the Shadow looked like a two nighter. The Shadow is now in line behind the X250 which is on hold until the basement recovers from the broken water heater and I'm not booked every night with band boosters, theater friends, school meetings, etc. (work and the rest of my life keep interfering with my hobby ).

I'll let you know how the Shadow is, but it'll be a month before I get another round toit.

- Roger
gnofliwr is offline Find More Posts by gnofliwr
Old May 24, 2001, 06:03 PM
Stupid gravity!
Trinity, FL
Joined Jul 1999
1,516 Posts
The Flitter-b is amazing! Wow! What a great design! I got the kit yesterday direct from Greg Sutter and it only took about three hours to complete. Flew it today and I am impressed! It was a little windy so I was fighting a little bit, but, I had it doing loops and rolls and flying inverted.

I was flying with an 8 cell 720maH NiMh pack. AUW is 7.6 oz. A little heavy,
but, not bad. I'll try a standard 7x250 NiCd pack tomorrow. It'll drop the weight to 6.4 oz. Hopefully, the power level will be comparable because it's a NiCd pack. The weight of the airframe/radio gear (minus the battery pack) is 3.8 ounces.

I understand EAMRC has them in stock. Greg also makes a speed 400 version. I think I will have to get that too!
Old May 24, 2001, 08:11 PM
mercer Island
Joined Apr 2001
120 Posts
How fast is it compaired to the lite stik?
cheapflyr is offline Find More Posts by cheapflyr
Old May 24, 2001, 09:18 PM
Stupid gravity!
Trinity, FL
Joined Jul 1999
1,516 Posts
Faster than the LiteStick.
Old May 24, 2001, 09:31 PM
Gravity Is My Friend !!!
Lewisville, Texas, United States
Joined Mar 2000