HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 23, 2010, 10:25 PM
How do I change this text?
The Beautiful Mountains of Utah
Joined Oct 2006
6,227 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6Killer View Post
If the real thing can hang in the air like that, I would love to fly one.
It's even funner in real life. I'll bet your flight sim doesn't have a trampoline.

Trampoline Limbo (1 min 42 sec)
Darth_Elevator is offline Find More Posts by Darth_Elevator
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 24, 2010, 10:42 AM
Sink? Circling now to confirm.
United States, UT, American Fork
Joined May 2002
16,872 Posts
SOLD, SOLD, and SOLD.

Thanks gang.
JONBOYLEMON is offline Find More Posts by JONBOYLEMON
Old Dec 24, 2010, 03:38 PM
I shouldn't be flying either!!
United States, UT, Pleasant Grove
Joined Mar 2010
235 Posts
Hey guys, I just got a bunch of 1300 mah 3s 25c nano-tech's. I listed them on ebay, but figured I would give you all a chance at them. $18 each to a good home. I paid $15 to get them here and they are never in stock.
Scooter33 is offline Find More Posts by Scooter33
Old Dec 25, 2010, 02:01 PM
hot air rises...
Pleasant Grove, UT
Joined Jul 2005
7,547 Posts
Sometimes you really have to spell everything out for Jon L. This is the present I got from him today.

Name: IMG_0915 (1024x768).jpg
Views: 40
Size: 117.9 KB
Description:

BTW, the other Vapor was a hoot flying around my living room until I did what all kids do on Christmas day... I broke the propeller .
jfinch is offline Find More Posts by jfinch
Old Dec 25, 2010, 03:17 PM
Joined May 2002
16,872 Posts
Your wife asked about something and if you would like it. I told her anything with a prop would be a winner.

You broke the prop??????? Party's over.......

Bummer, Is it easy to replace? I bet you could almost ca it back together, well unless you really broke it.
Old Dec 25, 2010, 04:06 PM
Joined Oct 2006
6,227 Posts
Prop on the Vapor is simple to replace, even if it is a little bit steep at $3. I'm guessing your LHS is not open today though. If you wanted to improvise with some combination of ply, balsa, CA, and/or heatshrink on the motor shaft, you could use a small GWS prop, if you happen to have something that small or had a slightly large one that you could cut down.
Old Jan 05, 2011, 09:39 AM
Joined Oct 2006
6,227 Posts
Finch, when you get a new prop for your Vapor, here's good way to break it again.

Vapor in a stairwell (0 min 43 sec)
Old Jan 05, 2011, 09:45 AM
Joined May 2002
16,872 Posts
Cliff was that filmed on gov. property???? Pretty sure you are going to jail for the rest of your life for being so reckless!!!
Old Jan 05, 2011, 09:59 AM
hot air rises...
Pleasant Grove, UT
Joined Jul 2005
7,547 Posts
I got a new prop last week. Flew it all last week throughout the house. I turned my living room - kitchen into a pylon course

I have broke one of the small carbon rods at the leading edge of the elevator. It still flys, but boy is that plane fragile. The wing skins also have began separating from the carbon rod skeleton. Jon says to just CA it back on, but I don't know how to do that without also gluing it to my fingers
jfinch is offline Find More Posts by jfinch
Old Jan 05, 2011, 10:06 AM
Joined May 2002
16,872 Posts
You didnt listen when I told you how to do it, did you.......

A small tiny itsy bitsy cup and put a drop of ca in it. Or wax paper will work. Then use the smallest pushrod you can find and dip it in the ca and then apply to carbon, then wrap finger in wax paper and hold vapor skin in place on carbon. Wha la.
Old Jan 05, 2011, 11:40 AM
Joined Oct 2006
6,227 Posts
You can use a very small piece of scotch tape to hold the mylar film tight against the carbon while you put a drop or two of thin CA on the frame. A triangular piece of tape works best with just a sliver of tape contacting the mylar. When you're done, the tape is easy to pull off unless it got CA on it, then just trim it and leave it there, it won't add much weight. Or forget about the CA altogether and just use a little piece of tape to do the whole repair.

I think they were hit and miss in the quality of assembly on these. Some Vapors seem to hold up better than others. One guy up here had the mylar skin coming off everywhere the first time flying it. My first Vapor survived numerous crashes into walls, trampolines, etc., over a one year period with not a bit of damage until I was playing a game a keep-away with my kids in the backyard and dropped it a bit too low and my daughter swatted the elevator and broke the hinge. Fixed it with a piece of straight pin and we played another game of keep-away 10 minutes later.
Old Jan 05, 2011, 02:08 PM
Joined May 2002
16,872 Posts
Does anyone here LOVE Cabelas??? I have a $50.00 gift card I would love to turn into rc stuff!!!!

Let me know if you want to buy it. Thanks.
Old Jan 06, 2011, 05:55 PM
Joined May 2002
16,872 Posts
Does anyone have a very small gauge 4" - 6" in servo extension? I just need one.
Old Jan 13, 2011, 11:55 AM
swede
United States, MA, Lowell
Joined Aug 2005
3,829 Posts
Does anyone need any 70-80amp ESC's? I got these for my Executive Jet, but was still having problems with my motors. (The motor was bad, not the esc's)

I have recently switched motors, and am only running 25 amps. These are a little over kill. I have two available. I've ran them up on the bench a couple times, but they've never flown.

I may even be interested in a trade for something in a 40 amp range.
denial15 is online now Find More Posts by denial15
Old Jan 13, 2011, 12:00 PM
Joined Oct 2006
6,227 Posts
How much do you want for them, Dan?