HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 14, 2007, 06:26 PM
PG
Joined Oct 2007
42 Posts
Hi Lee,
It was a pleasure meeting you in the park the other day. I have been reading all of your material on your blog. I have found it very very helpful. When is your next wing cutting party? I would love to get started on my very first one. If you have already ordered your material, I would still like to come over and help out and contribute to the club. Looking forward to hearing from you. Thank you again for all of your help.
Chris
chris3 is offline Find More Posts by chris3
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 15, 2007, 12:25 AM
Lee
PERFECT LANDING !!!
USA, UT, Orem
Joined Jul 2004
9,068 Posts
chris3

It was great to meet you. I need to find who wants wings. Watch the we are cutting wings thread and the Utah county thread. We are glad to help.

Lee
Lee is offline Find More Posts by Lee
Old Oct 15, 2007, 12:55 AM
Suspended Account
Roosevelt UT
Joined Oct 2004
1,982 Posts
Id like a wing!!
Eeeeky is offline Find More Posts by Eeeeky
Old Oct 28, 2007, 10:10 PM
PG
Joined Oct 2007
42 Posts
Just wondering if anyone can help me find a couple of things. Perhaps someone might have some or can tell me where to get them quick. I am trying to get my hands on a RJ receiver and crystal, and a motor control. I am trying to build my flying wing and missing just a couple of things. I have the transmitter FM 35, but just need to get ahold of these last couple of things so I can fly.

Chris
Old Nov 17, 2007, 06:22 PM
American Fork, UT
Joined Dec 2001
159 Posts
If anyone can use a starter wing, I have a zagi with canopies, speed 400, 20 amp ESC and two HS81MG servos. $65 takes it all. I'll even throw in a free scratch built balsa wing that can be used for a DLG or hand launch glider.
VortexOfPain is offline Find More Posts by VortexOfPain
Old Nov 18, 2007, 10:54 PM
PG
Joined Oct 2007
42 Posts
you called me and left a message but no ph # call me back thanks chris
Old Nov 26, 2007, 02:53 AM
Lee
PERFECT LANDING !!!
USA, UT, Orem
Joined Jul 2004
9,068 Posts
I have a vacuum system big enough to do a full sized plane wing. I have vacuumed down 5 separate RC wings at a time with this pump. I will get a picture posted but it includes a fast high power pump, a vacuum reservoir and a vacuum presure regulator that will kick the pump on and off as it is needed. Designed to work with aquarium tubing and fittings for simplicity.

If you want to learn fiberglass layup this is the best pump I have seen locally. Asking $125.

I also still have some gas/glow motors and some 40A brushed speed controls that I am willing to deal on.

PM me if you are interrested.

Lee
Old Nov 26, 2007, 07:05 AM
hot air rises...
Pleasant Grove, UT
Joined Jul 2005
7,636 Posts
Lee, I'll take the vacuum system. Does it come with a bag too? Thanks.
jfinch is offline Find More Posts by jfinch
Old Nov 26, 2007, 08:23 AM
Lee
PERFECT LANDING !!!
USA, UT, Orem
Joined Jul 2004
9,068 Posts
Jon it's yours. Schedule a time with me and I'll teach you how to use it.

I use 6 ml flat plastic like you get at Lowes. I build the wing on a flat piece of plastic then fold it over and seal it with caulking. It is too hard to scoot the piece into a bag without misaligning it. You build the wing on a flat surface and create the bag around it and don't move it until it is cured.

Lee
Last edited by Lee; Nov 26, 2007 at 08:28 AM.
Old Nov 26, 2007, 08:53 AM
More Combat Please!
Utah
Joined Dec 2003
7,849 Posts
Man, I would love to learn how to do that. Vacuum forming is something I've always been interested in. JFinch, please let me know when you guys arrange a training session so I can be there! Maybe I can rent some time on the vacuum if it's easy enough to do?
Wind_of_Change is offline Find More Posts by Wind_of_Change
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 27, 2007, 10:26 PM
hot air rises...
Pleasant Grove, UT
Joined Jul 2005
7,636 Posts
Todd, since we'll practically be neighbors, I think a few build nites might be in order!
jfinch is offline Find More Posts by jfinch
Old Nov 28, 2007, 01:28 AM
More Combat Please!
Utah
Joined Dec 2003
7,849 Posts
Woohooo! Bring it on! I better get sculpting. My first goal is to sculpt custom pilots for my larger planes and vacuum form them. Most of the pilots available for RC flyers just stink. My next plane is as big as my entire north wall, so I think I'll start with a pilot for that. You just let me know when Lee's gonna do the training so I can be there!
Wind_of_Change is offline Find More Posts by Wind_of_Change
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 20, 2007, 06:38 PM
Crash happens! :)
Utah
Joined Jun 2002
2,161 Posts
///
Arrow is offline Find More Posts by Arrow
Last edited by Arrow; Dec 26, 2007 at 01:21 AM.
Old Dec 20, 2007, 07:01 PM
Suspended Account
Roosevelt UT
Joined Oct 2004
1,982 Posts
Id like to get an electric truck for my little bro...what will you take for the RTR electric one?
Eeeeky is offline Find More Posts by Eeeeky
Old Dec 20, 2007, 09:23 PM
Crash happens! :)
Utah
Joined Jun 2002
2,161 Posts
///
Arrow is offline Find More Posts by Arrow
Last edited by Arrow; Dec 26, 2007 at 01:21 AM.