HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 22, 2005, 12:35 PM
Corn Valley, Oregon USA
Joined Mar 2005
87 Posts
What's Better Full Fuselage or 6mm Depron?

There's been a lot of "full fuselage" posts recently. No doubt they give foamies a more realistic look, but the complexity and increased build time is an obstacle that I have not yet overcome.

If the objective is to reduce tail twist and increase durability, using 6mm instead of 3mm depron has worked very well for me. No reinforcement is required. To be honest, it wasn't my idea... I borrowed it from Merle Hoem (http://www.open.org/~hoemcrft/).

Here's how my mini3DX turned out. And please 'scuse the crappy paint job... It was my first "without an airbrush" venture.

DudeWerzYurPlane is offline Find More Posts by DudeWerzYurPlane
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 22, 2005, 01:52 PM
FoamyFactory.com
USA, TX, Fort Worth
Joined Nov 2001
4,344 Posts
Sweet looking Mini 3DX! NOT a "crappy paint job" The main reason I am using the "box" fuselage on my newer stuff, besides looks, is I can get a larger, and stiffer airframe for the same weight. Yes, they are more work to build, but not much, and all my stuff is tabbed for "fool-proof" alignment.

Tim H.
Tim H. is online now Find More Posts by Tim H.