Joined Dec 2004
2,100 Posts
Any info about Mibo Spirit E?

Finally, I´ve found the plane I was looking for

Fully molded
Flaps
Rudder with little modifications
2m with two piece wing
Room for 14 subC (and I supose that TP3s2p would fit if any day I want)

Mibo Spirit E

Also here: http://www.espritmodel.com/

Really, it looks great, but I´ve not be able to find any information about.

It´s a little more than I had planed to spend and how it´s out of stock, any comment, advise, or whatever you want could make me reafirm my volatile decisions
AndrésMtnez is offline Find More Posts by AndrésMtnez
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 21, 2005, 05:49 PM
Hastings, Hawkes Bay, New Zealand (Aotearoa)
Joined Feb 2000
1,453 Posts
What do you want to know?

I have one I'm yet to build, my partner Ian has built and flown his.

Overall its a nice plane, a little on the heavy side for competition. The fuselage layup is very strong. It is only configured for a single servo to operate the V-tail, however I'm going to modify mine for full control.

The v-tail halves plug in and tape on but this leaves a bit much play so my partner glued his on.

Compared to his old plane (Seledkin) its faster and the flaps make for better camber control and slower landings.

He's running 14xGP2200. I'll go for a 10 cell setup in mine.

Heather
Heather is offline Find More Posts by Heather
Old Apr 22, 2005, 07:37 AM
Madrid, Spain
Joined Dec 2004
2,100 Posts
Hi Heather

More or less, that´s what I wanted to hear (read).

It´s going to be my first hotliner after 13 years flying glow, and I want something all-purpose, since I don´t know if I´m going to prefer to be continuously climbing and diving, thermaling (this sure, but from time to time, I want a hotliner), or if I´m going to compete F5B-F5F.

Then I want the fastest plane that could land relatively slow (there´s not great landing sites over here), wich could thermal a little, and let me do some trial in competition.

What setup could you recomend me for nice climbing?

Any other objection moreover the v-tail halves?

Thanks and good luck with yours. Photos would be well received
Old Apr 22, 2005, 03:00 PM
Joined Feb 2000
1,453 Posts
Hi,

Here is a photo of Ian's Spirit-E. We are going out flying this morning so I might try and take some video.

I'll give some power system suggestions later today.

Heather
Old Apr 22, 2005, 04:31 PM
Madrid, Spain
Joined Dec 2004
2,100 Posts
Thats a flying field what a envy
Old Apr 24, 2005, 11:47 AM
Madrid, Spain
Joined Dec 2004
2,100 Posts
Thinking about power systems........

I have only a esc (TMM 4012-3) and the charger (chamaleon). The rest is what I have to buy.

For the moment, I´m thinking about AXI 2826/10 with 10 or 12 pack. Cheap motor and my TMM is in the range, so I save many €€. Later I´ll can think about hoter and more expensive setups.

What do you think, would it give me good perfomance?

What servos are you going to use?
Old Apr 24, 2005, 12:21 PM
BANNED!!!
Laurel, MD
Joined May 2001
12,686 Posts
Heather,

How big are the flaps?

Can you take pictures of the nose cone disassembled and take pictures of how the wings are joined to the fuse and lastly pictures of how the VTAILS are assembled to the tail.

Thanks, it looks like a pretty nice plane.

Jay
soholingo is offline Find More Posts by soholingo
Old Apr 24, 2005, 12:55 PM
I plan to take over world
Helsinki, Finland
Joined Jul 2002
1,593 Posts
For Mr. Soholingo. http://galerija.mibomodeli.si/albums/11.aspx
Those mibo models are not very strong and not good for serious competition. I saw how Flash's wing folded after F5B climb and was really totaled. The shear web was very weak it should be 10 times stronger. But then spar caps should be much stronger too. Not much more work or cost but little more designing.
For sport flyer they are great and reasonably priced planes.
I'm not sure if I dare to fly my Flash with 16xGP2200 +Pletti.
sayno2glo is offline Find More Posts by sayno2glo
Old Apr 24, 2005, 06:36 PM
Upside down Miss Jane....
Georgetown, Newcastle, Australia
Joined Aug 2002
2,153 Posts
Flash(or Monny) is good for 7 or 10cell F5B as it is very lightly constructed (Not sure if the wing area complies with the FAI 10cell rules however - ok for us in Aus for sport competition). I have seen a 16cell GP2200 setup go... there was a lot of wing flex.

I have a spirt and a mystery winging my way (hopefully here next week). Spirt looks like a great sports-liner (it looks to be more than a warmliner, but perhaps not quite a hot-liner so I haved coined ther term "sports-liner") for hot dogging and thermaling with

Shawn
Stuntman is offline Find More Posts by Stuntman
Old Apr 24, 2005, 06:52 PM
BANNED!!!
Laurel, MD
Joined May 2001
12,686 Posts
Shawn,

Take pictures before you build it and post them... Is the 5L going in one of these?

j
Old Apr 24, 2005, 07:08 PM
Upside down Miss Jane....
Georgetown, Newcastle, Australia
Joined Aug 2002
2,153 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by soholingo
Shawn,

Take pictures before you build it and post them... Is the 5L going in one of these?

j
Will do.

The 5L is currently in my organic spinning an 18x11 on 7GP2200's for our 7cell comp over here. Nice . Very good chance it will be going into the mystery though

Shawn
Stuntman is offline Find More Posts by Stuntman
Old Apr 24, 2005, 08:17 PM
Joined Feb 2000
1,453 Posts
The wing design on the SpiritE differs from the flash/monny. There is carbon shearweb (Not sure whats inside it) but the carbon spar caps are on the inside of the balsa skin by the looks No carbon D box either (Although you may be able to get one made if requested)

I would stick to 10 cells with this plane, the wing is strong enough for what it is intended.

My partner is running 14 x GP2200's Kontronik Fun600-32 5.2:1 Aeronaut 15x13's on his (only pulling ~95A) but so far has handled a couple of rounds of F5F competition.

I plan on competing in 10 cell F5F with mine but I don't think I'd call it "Serious"

The fuselage is very strong, overbuilt for competition, but possibly designed to handle a bit of slope soaring landings!

I had thought of getting a Flash myself but decided on the SpiritE instead as I prefer a larger plane that I can actually see.

Here is a pic of the business end.

Heather
Old Apr 24, 2005, 08:57 PM
BANNED!!!
Laurel, MD
Joined May 2001
12,686 Posts
Thanks Heather.
Old Apr 25, 2005, 10:40 AM
Gravity gets me down.
United States, WI, Milwaukee
Joined Oct 2004
2,049 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heather

Compared to his old plane (Seledkin) its faster and the flaps make for better camber control and slower landings.

Heather
Heather- was that the older version of the Seledkin, or the newer version? Newer version is flapped, and strengthened I think. I'm no expert on these, just trying to learn.

cheers,
Michael
wingbeat is offline Find More Posts by wingbeat
Old Apr 25, 2005, 02:21 PM
Madrid, Spain
Joined Dec 2004
2,100 Posts
Any motor suggestion?

What servos should I use?

Yes, I´m new on this kind of flight

I was looking for a airframe wich let me a lot of abuse, and reading what you guys are writing about the wing maybe I should directly go for lipos