HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 23, 2001, 03:04 PM
All under control, Grommit!
United Kingdom, Aberdeen
Joined Sep 2000
12,605 Posts
Pegas free flight foamie modified to RC

Hi

Just thought some of youse slow flyer chappies might be interested to see my pal Kev's latest conversion job.

Its a pretty little thing called Pegas and modified for three channel indoor flying from a Czech free flight model.

Kev assures me that he will be along later to fill in the details so I'll leave that to him.

Heres the link (two piccies there)
http://albums.photopoint.com/j/ViewP...p=49043371&f=0

Hope that's of interest

cheers

Brian
leccyflyer is offline Find More Posts by leccyflyer
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 02, 2001, 10:54 AM
Mugi Pilot
United Kingdom, Scotland, Edinburgh
Joined May 2000
521 Posts
Brian,

Dagnannit, wish I'd seen this thread b4 the Nats'. I was this close to buying one of these Pegas things 19.99, a tad dear but such beautiful quality foam, especially if you get another similar priced kit alongside to compare.

The wing area seemed like it should take the radio gear.
Curse my feeble nerves, I shoulda plumped for it.

Morgan

PS please tell me he's patented it... and have we been apologised to in the latest Model Flyer? I had words at the Nats
Moogee is offline Find More Posts by Moogee
Old Oct 02, 2001, 02:56 PM
Bayville, New York
Joined Jun 2001
126 Posts
Brian,
Any idea of where one might find one of these cute little birds?
Cheers,
Brandon
Taniwha314 is offline Find More Posts by Taniwha314
Old Oct 04, 2001, 02:55 AM
Mugi Pilot
Joined May 2000
521 Posts
Brandon,

The Pegas is from teh company "Flying Styro". Perhaps try a search her on ezone for that name - they also make a Corsair that several people have converted, and a nifty little A3 Viking.

A stockist of the Corsair may well have, or be able to get the Pegas for you.

Morgan
Old Oct 04, 2001, 07:40 AM
Bayville, New York
Joined Jun 2001
126 Posts
Morgan,
thanks for the info. I checked out their site and fell in love with the Bumble Bee... Have you heard anything about this bird?
Thanks again for the info.
Cheers,
Brandon
Old Oct 04, 2001, 08:27 AM
Mugi Pilot
Joined May 2000
521 Posts
nooooo.... you leave me wanting...

What Website? I'll try to find it and take a look see at this Bumble Beest you mention.

Have I mentioned how lovely the quality of the Flying Styro is very pleasing.
Old Oct 04, 2001, 08:31 AM
Bayville, New York
Joined Jun 2001
126 Posts
Check out their site here. http://www.flyingstyrokit.cz/
Let me know what you think.
Cheers,
Brandon
Old Oct 04, 2001, 08:51 AM
Mugi Pilot
Joined May 2000
521 Posts
they're all so pretty...

Aren't they cute.

That Bumble Bee is certainly a little winner looks wise - though I'm having 'stirrings' about the Fatty Sparrow.

I've never flown one of their RC models - the Pegas and Corsair are FF rubber that people have adapted for RC.

The Chubby Lady and Chubby Lady2 are fairly well thought of, though I'm hoping someone who's flown or has one can cast their more informed judgement of the Bumble Bee.

Thanks for posting the link,

Morgan
Old Oct 04, 2001, 09:15 AM
All under control, Grommit!
United Kingdom, Aberdeen
Joined Sep 2000
12,605 Posts
Sorry chaps I hadn't noticed that this thread had revitalised itself. I'll chase Kev up to provide some of the promised details.

You seem to have found the site and manufacturer all on your ownsomes though so I have little to add.

Haven't seen any apologies as yet Morgan Then again if Muddle Flyer had to apologise for every little mistake there would be precious little space left in each month's mag for any new content.

The LHS has had orders for the yet-to-become-available-in-the-UK Sig Rascal ARTF on the basis of the pictures of Kev's hand crafted one wrongly attributed to be an ARTF though- that took some explaining

cheers

Brian
leccyflyer is offline Find More Posts by leccyflyer
Old Oct 04, 2001, 07:20 PM
Cheshire
Joined May 2001
31 Posts
Pegas Conversion

Hi Chaps

Sorry it's taken so long for me to reply to this thread, But hopfully the following info will help;

I picked mine up from John Whites Models in St Helens ( Vario Helicopters Main Agents ) for about 16.00.

The AUW is 6.25 oz
Span 30 "

Here's the set up I have used upto now (May add rudder at some point )

Multiplex/GWS 150bb 7:1 Motor/Gearbox with GWS 8 X 4.3 prop
Supertec Naro servos on Elevator & Ailerol
GWS 5A speedo
7/8 Perkins 250 ma Nicads

The elevator is 25 mm x 3 mm Deprol tape hinged to the T/E of the supplied stabilizer with a piano wire push rod .
20 x 3 mm strip Ailerons again tape hinged to the T/E of the wing with piano wire torque rods connected to a centrally mounted servo via 1mm bore silicon tubing .

First flight was very Hairy due to way to much Aileron differential and the throws way to high, but after some rink side tweaking of the touque rods and turning the throws down to about 30% she was alot tamer but the tail tended to sag in the turns.Fin area was then increased by about 50% with 3mm depron whith seemed to help, but I think the Aileron diferential still needs looking at.

ROG's should be a doddle once i have fitted the rudder as there is plenty of power there, but without it she just groundloopsloops loops.

Hope this helps

Cheers

Kev

p.s. I'll post some Digipics a.s,a.p.

She flies fairly fast and with some mods to the

Conversion as follows;-
Kev Mullarkey is offline Find More Posts by Kev Mullarkey
Old Oct 04, 2001, 07:43 PM
Joined Mar 2001
2,625 Posts
The following is from www.hobbyclub.com :

PEGAS F/F or R/C