HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 16, 2005, 02:13 PM
Colorado
Joined Nov 2004
268 Posts
F-18, F15 ParkFlyer plan size

G'day,

I'm really impressed by the F-18 and F-15 parkflyer plans and appreciate both being shared. I've downloaded both plans and carefully taped the all the pages together; very impressive plans to say the least and I'm really looking forward to flying both models

The F-18 is a larger planset, Span: 27.9 in Length: 42.3 in, printing out on 49 pages I believe, vs the F-15 which is 18 pages.

Refering back to the fourm, the post titled 'F-15 Eagle Park Jet", by jetset44, suggests, thru pictures and some text, there is an F-15 planset the same size as the F-18, but I can't seem to locate it if it's available. I've downloaded every F-15 zip and pdf file on the forum, but none seem to be the larger version F-15.

So, do I just sit down with pencil and drafing tools and redraw it my self or is there really a larger verson F-15 planset, Span: 27.9 in Length: 42.3 in available someplace?

Cheers
SeniorSpan is offline Find More Posts by SeniorSpan
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 17, 2005, 06:07 AM
Italy, Lazio, Rome
Joined Oct 2004
323 Posts
Here you go senior span, http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/attac...hmentid=446021

Or go to the top of this thread "pusher plans" it a sticky thread youll find it there.

Good luck and happy building..

allen
Micronics is offline Find More Posts by Micronics
Old Apr 17, 2005, 06:13 AM
Italy, Lazio, Rome
Joined Oct 2004
323 Posts
Now I know. What you got is the big size plan of the F-18 (its 175%).
Micronics is offline Find More Posts by Micronics
Old Apr 17, 2005, 10:48 AM
Colorado
Joined Nov 2004
268 Posts
Thx for the replies, but the included thread does not provide the 175% size F-15 plan it's the smaller version, I already have that planset

There has to be a way to increase and print a large F-15 size plan. I only have Acrobat Reader 7, not the full version, so it will not allow me to save the plan in a larger % size.
Is the answer to my question just having the full version of Arobat Reader?

Cheers
Old Apr 17, 2005, 01:06 PM
Park Jet Guru
Seattle, WA
Joined Jun 2002
5,616 Posts
Hi SeniorSpan,
Glad you like the plans. I don't quite understand what you're looking for, though. The stock size of all the park jets I've designed is about 28" span and they all print on about 16 pages tiled. But I've posted scaled versions of all the plans for folks that want to build a smaller or larger versions. If I'm not mistaken, it sounds like you have the 175% enlarged F-18 plans and would also like 175% enlarged F-15 plans. If so, nobody's ever asked for that before so I haven't posted that size yet. So I just quickly generated them for you and have posted them below. This version has a 49" span and prints out on 56 tiled pages (8x7). Let me know if this isn't what you were looking for.

In case it's the ORIGINAL 28" span F-15 you were looking for, those plans are posted in post #4 of the F-15 thread. Here's a link:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...99&postcount=4

Steve
jetset44 is offline Find More Posts by jetset44
Old Apr 17, 2005, 02:01 PM
Colorado
Joined Nov 2004
268 Posts
Jetset44,

Thank you very much, you are correct, it's the 175% planset I was looking for; I initially thought the 175% planset was the original size and the other versions (F-15 and F-18) were just smaller. Guess I had it backwards.

After several re-reads of the F-15 and F-18 threads, I realized the 28" wingspan for both parkjets is the normal size vs the scaled up (175%) 49" wingspan version.

I sure would be interested to know just how one goes about regenerating a planset to a different percent size.

Again, I appreciate the 175% F-15 planset very much.

Gotta tell ya, it was an interesting afternoon fitting the 49 pages together for the 175% F-18 planset, but it's done; now, before I place an order, I need to buy stock in Depron or Fanfold

Cheers
SeniorSpan (Bob)
Old Apr 17, 2005, 07:57 PM
Park Jet Guru
Seattle, WA
Joined Jun 2002
5,616 Posts
Great, you're welcome, Bob. I just scale the plans up in my CAD program, so it's easy for me. But your options are to either use the full Acrobat program (not the free Acrobat Reader) or Adobe Illustrator to resize them. Or take the file to Kinkos and ask them to print enlargements.

Post pictures if you build one of these!

Steve
Old Apr 18, 2005, 12:23 AM
Colorado
Joined Nov 2004
268 Posts
Thx for the resizing up/down info; the Adobe programs are avaiable to me just never used them, guess I'm gonna learn.

Planning on starting with the 28" F-15 as I have just about everything I need on hand except the carbon fiber rods.

Pictures will be forth coming.

Again, thanks for your help.

Cheers

Bob
Old May 10, 2005, 11:05 AM
Racine, WI AMA# 809291
Joined Nov 2003
5,856 Posts
Just added the 175% F-15 plans to my free jet plans page, would anyone happen to have the link to the 175% F-18 Plans?
RCParkflyer is offline Find More Posts by RCParkflyer
Old May 10, 2005, 11:31 AM
Colorado
Joined Nov 2004
268 Posts
175% F-18

RCParkflyer,

If your interested this is the F-18 at 175% I downloaded. Prinsts out on 49 pages, then the fun of taping them together begins.

Cheers Bob
Old May 10, 2005, 01:55 PM
United States, CA, Bakersfield
Joined Jan 2001
1,701 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetset44
If I'm not mistaken, it sounds like you have the 175% enlarged F-18 plans and would also like 175% enlarged F-15 plans. If so, nobody's ever asked for that before so I haven't posted that size yet. So I just quickly generated them for you and have posted them below. This version has a 49" span and prints out on 56 tiled pages (8x7). Let me know if this isn't what you were looking for.

Steve
Any chance you might post the non-tiled plans also? Some of us have access to plotters.
georgeg is offline Find More Posts by georgeg
RCG Plus Member
Old May 10, 2005, 09:25 PM
Park Jet Guru
Seattle, WA
Joined Jun 2002
5,616 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgeg
Any chance you might post the non-tiled plans also? Some of us have access to plotters.
Can do. But one question first--the 175% plans are 75" x 55", and I doubt you have a plotter that big. So I'll probably need to tile them somehow for you. What would you like--4 ANSI E (34" x 44") sheets?

Steve
Old Jan 12, 2008, 04:35 PM
I think I forgot how to fly RC
United States, WA, Woodinville
Joined Mar 2007
8,063 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetset44
Can do. But one question first--the 175% plans are 75" x 55", and I doubt you have a plotter that big. So I'll probably need to tile them somehow for you. What would you like--4 ANSI E (34" x 44") sheets?

Steve
Steve, if you could post those plans in the 4 ansi 3 (34x44) I would really appreciate it. The kinko's I go to has a real sharp adobe guy who works there and is also a plane enthusiast so he gladly puts in the extra effort to get these printed out just right.

also is it recommended to use 9mm depron for the scaled up jets?

thanks in advance

edit: I just realized I resurrected a nearly three year old thread.
cryhavoc38 is offline Find More Posts by cryhavoc38
Last edited by cryhavoc38; Jan 12, 2008 at 05:46 PM.
Old Apr 20, 2009, 04:51 PM
Joined Oct 2008
119 Posts
Hey Bob its matthew perry that i believe you were helping me with my mugi that in the end crashed at the warbird flyin in jacksonville florida yeah is this that 3 dimenshional f18 you had at the field. If so how long did it take you to make it including putting in electronics and painting also do the plans say where to place the servos. Eventually for next years warbird flyin if this model works im going to make a scaled up version so that i can fit twin 6x4 inside the jet like edf. Im going to do a set up you probably havent seen. Throttle, ailerons, elevator, rudder, flaps with leading edge flaps that come down also, retracts with retract doors, canopy open.
wildcatfan42 is offline Find More Posts by wildcatfan42