HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 03, 2002, 09:37 AM
Gladstone, NJ. USA
Joined May 2000
399 Posts
Pager motor retract servo, how to build?

Hi guys:
Just wondering if I can build a full action servo from a pager motor. Perhaps canibalize some components from other servos? Perhaps just the pc board components from a some what "larger" servo? My intention is to explore the possibility of using a pager motor to activate each of 2 retract units...Yes, I know that it would take considerable gear reduction to achieve the desired torque level. I envision a "Linear" acting servo somewhat like the Wes-Teknic 2.4 or 3.0's.. Could these be "re-geared" to increase the torque out put...Servo speed is not of the utmost importance here...actually scale speed would be better! Also I need to enable a stop the motor at the end of the up and down cycle...so as not to stall and add additional drain to the battery system.
All input is welcome!
Sincerely,
Jon B. Shereshaw
JonB is offline Find More Posts by JonB
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 04, 2002, 01:29 AM
Our Daddy and Heli Junkie
In Heli Wonderland
Joined Aug 1999
22,792 Posts
How about using a worm drive with limit switches?

Lots of power and no high tech.

Otherwise I would just use a micro servo for each retract unit. Combine that with the GWS units.
Fred Bronk is offline Find More Posts by Fred Bronk