HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 14, 2005, 10:42 AM
part of the problem
Lincoln, NE
Joined Sep 2004
444 Posts
ditto on the yikes, glad you are safe.

How long you gonna be off the ridge? I'm planning on coming through in mid-May.

merrell
merrelland is offline Find More Posts by merrelland
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 14, 2005, 11:43 AM
You must die! I alone am best.
The Naughty Corner..Find me tweeting @slopetrashuk
Joined Sep 2003
5,011 Posts
It's so cool that you say you made it back with all your gear!
slopetrashuk is offline Find More Posts by slopetrashuk
Old Apr 14, 2005, 02:00 PM
Feeling FrSky
United States, CA, Santa Barbara
Joined Feb 2003
20,091 Posts
Cheers for flying an out-of-the-way spot. Glad you got back OK. I think the most important thing is just not to panic and to focus on the task at hand. Sounds like you handled it all extremely well--right on! We're all always playing for keeps, all the time. Easy to forget till something goes upside down!

Steve
surfimp is offline Find More Posts by surfimp
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 14, 2005, 03:00 PM
Ninja of the Nasty
Joined Jan 2004
10,647 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by webguyjv
GEEZ Joe! Those Yucca plants scared me just to look at them. I made a dork landing with the Moth once on Parker, dorked right into a Yucca. It took some effort to remove the plane from the Yucca. I just love Parker, but just looking at those Yucca runs a chill up my spine.

Joe, can you go flying at Parker on May 29? I'm going to PSS Fest on 5-28, and I'm camping at a site in Wrightwood. I hope I can finally meet you at Parker. I may try Vincent Hill on the same day.

Hey Gary, take it from Cody WIlson -- be careful. It's truly amazing that you did your own triage and still managed to get yourself back to safety. If memory serves me, Cody wasn't so lucky. Glad you're both back flying. I hope to visit CO and SD someday soon, and I wanna look both of you guys up when I'm there.

Happy Flying ;-)

John
i crashed a JW into a yucca once, pierced it and threw it out again, little did i know it cut my aentenna too... lol...

about flying, im pretty sure i can... nothing big going on and think i'll be off work too...

JOe
KingOfTheHill is offline Find More Posts by KingOfTheHill