SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by jgmtens, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Nov 06, 2005, 04:07 PM
Cliff
Chattahoochee,Fla
Joined Dec 2004
205 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrebman
I am looking for some CAF (Maple leaf) insignia for my GWS BN2 Islander or Maybe some modern RAF roundels, does anybody have those?
How do I print these on my Epson C86 Inkjet printer? Do I use some sort of decal paper or will simple label stock work?

-Thanks-

Mike
Mike, I've done all ways from avery decal paper to full length label paper. The best method as far as I'm concerned is print on quality photo paper, cut out and glue with wood glue slightly thinned with water. I apply glue and dip finger in water and spread on decal. Positively will not come off and dries in about 5 mins. Mat out and wipe with DRY paper towel well after ink dries. heres an example. The US emblems I made as well as the Maltese crosses. Cliff PS much earlier in this thread someone posted a Maple Leaf in red.
cwksr is offline Find More Posts by cwksr
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 06, 2005, 04:19 PM
On patrol.
Broomfield, Colorado
Joined Jun 2004
1,287 Posts
Quote:
I am looking for some CAF (Maple leaf) insignia for my GWS BN2 Islander or Maybe some modern RAF roundels, does anybody have those?
How do I print these on my Epson C86 Inkjet printer? Do I use some sort of decal paper or will simple label stock work?

-Thanks-

Mike
There is a fantastic resource in post #74 of this thread for worldwide markings. It was easy to overlook the link though. Here it is again http://www.rc-network.de/magazin/art...4-0040-01.html.

Scroll to the bottom of this linked page and you will see all the countries and organizations for which they have graphics. Look for "Kanada" with a "K". I missed it the first time. The more I've looke around that site the more impressed I am.
Cary Reeves is offline Find More Posts by Cary Reeves
Old Nov 06, 2005, 07:21 PM
Scott Black, Montreal
montreal quebec Canada
Joined Sep 1999
1,254 Posts
does anyone have the pratt and whitney eagle? I have a rough one here but not good enough to turn into a decal. I have a sticker but it is in French <g>!
sblack is offline Find More Posts by sblack
Old Nov 07, 2005, 12:13 AM
Joined Sep 2003
1,180 Posts
P&W emblem

Scott..

will this do??
gearup is offline Find More Posts by gearup
Old Nov 07, 2005, 12:49 AM
New Zealand, Taranaki, Midhirst
Joined Feb 1999
3,431 Posts
Some Viggen details.
Sluf7 is offline Find More Posts by Sluf7
Old Nov 07, 2005, 09:39 PM
Cliff
Chattahoochee,Fla
Joined Dec 2004
205 Posts
Quote:
Won't decals printed on Inkjet photo paper smear pretty easily if they get the least bit wet?

-Thanks-

Mike
you let it dry as previously explained and spray minwax polycrilic clear, after glueing on plane, over the decal or before cutting it out. Once dry won't run. Again Red is talking about something diff as water slide decals I'm saying print like a photo let dry well and glue. Anyphoto will smear from moisture seal it with minwax and no problem. Most use this minwax as a clearcoat over the entire plane to seal it anyway. Cliff pS If you still can't figure this out email me at cwksr@hotmail.com and I'll step by step photo guide you through it. No not to thick no thicker than anything else. My 109 AUW with Bat 13.2 oz
Old Nov 07, 2005, 09:54 PM
Cliff
Chattahoochee,Fla
Joined Dec 2004
205 Posts
Quote:
Cliff:
Thanks, wouldn't photo paper be took thick? Exactly what brand & type of photo paper are you using & what weight paper??

- Thanks -

Mike
I'm gonna get you thru this yet!!! heres Canada decals of many periods. Pick what you like and if you use photoshop you can size then anyway you want. cliff Mat out simply means wipe decal from center out to remove air bubbles but with DRY paper towel
Old Nov 08, 2005, 02:00 PM
but it's a nice obsession
Sandy, Utah
Joined Apr 2003
1,049 Posts
Quote:
Won't decals printed on Inkjet photo paper smear pretty easily if they get the least bit wet?

-Thanks-

Mike
Mike, it's not quite as neat as the spray finish but you can just cover your decals with packaging tape once they are on the plane.

Jon
jgmtens is offline Find More Posts by jgmtens
Old Nov 12, 2005, 05:30 PM
Re-Kitting Expert :o
Bullhead City, Arizona
Joined Jan 2005
1,689 Posts
BarMonkey, this isn't the decals, but it may help you a bit.
http://www.aviation-art.net/Gallery%...eviews%202.jpg
GorillaBob is offline Find More Posts by GorillaBob
Old Nov 12, 2005, 10:50 PM
Flamin' BB4U
Chandler,Az
Joined Nov 2004
58 Posts
Can anybody tell me how to get this logo in a 1.5 and 2.5" height without it being pixelled to death?[IMG]oralogo_small[/IMG]
Checksix! is offline Find More Posts by Checksix!
Old Nov 12, 2005, 11:28 PM
Outcast outlaw
As far away from RCGroups and the AMA as possible!
Joined Aug 2004
6,601 Posts
Maybe this will help?
Red 61 is offline Find More Posts by Red 61
Old Nov 13, 2005, 06:38 AM
On patrol.
Broomfield, Colorado
Joined Jun 2004
1,287 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Checksix!
Can anybody tell me how to get this logo in a 1.5 and 2.5" height without it being pixelled to death?[IMG]oralogo_small[/IMG]
I think Red 61 got it for you. But here it is scaled to 1.5 high and 2.5 high in red both as a JPEG and as a vector PDF. In the PDF I put it on a large sheet as whole words and on 8.5x11 sheets as broken words so it is easier to print. If you need a different format so you can manipulate it in your software or need different sizes/colors/etc. let me know.

FYI, good sources for logotypes are:

http://logotypes.designer.am/srch/se...p?pg=7&r=t&a=p
I have the best luck opening the files from this site. This is where I got the Oracle logo. I then changed the color to red and scaled it to your specified sizes.

http://www.brandsoftheworld.com/
Better selection but these often don't open for me. It could be my software setup.
Old Nov 25, 2005, 11:33 AM
United States, OH, Westlake
Joined Mar 2002
4,543 Posts
TWA Logos

Someone on Gene Bond's DC-3 asked for TWA logos:
kdahlhaus is offline Find More Posts by kdahlhaus
Old Nov 25, 2005, 01:55 PM
On patrol.
Broomfield, Colorado
Joined Jun 2004
1,287 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdahlhaus
Someone on Gene Bond's DC-3 asked for TWA logos:
Nice! Here it is redrawn as a vector file.
Old Dec 05, 2005, 05:58 PM
On patrol.
Broomfield, Colorado
Joined Jun 2004
1,287 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtbrider
Can anyone tell me how to save the font files from Skinners heaven into Windows XP to use in word please.
www.simmerspaintshop.com/colours/fonts.html
You just need to unzip the download file and copy the .ttf file to your Fonts folder. The easiest way is to open the control panel and then the font folder listed on the control panel. Then open the file from the website so that you have PKZip listing the contents. Then just drag the file from the PKZip window to the font folder and you're done.

Like this:

p.s. Nice link by the way. Thanks!